Premium Member
join:2004-10-18
Canada

urbanriot to 19579823

Premium Member

to 19579823

Re:  

said by 19579823:

1) They have become VERY INTRUSIVE into peoples lives....

It's true. I read on a Microsoft forum that they rolled out an update to Windows Live Mail, the spiritual successor to Outlook Express, that forces people to sign up for Windows Live Mail if they use attachments despite the fact they're using the program with their own pop/smtp service.

That coupled with a new OS that's terrible with touch + mouse + keyboard, compared to the way people have been using Windows for the past 17 years.

Their new Microsoft Office focuses on the following four major points:

- Office at Its Best on Windows 8
- Office Is in the Cloud
- Office Is Social
- Office Unlocks New Scenarios

Wow. None of those points mean anything to me...

No improvements to any of the programs, it just looks better on Windows 8, your files are automatically synchronized with programs you can already download, Skype is integrated and you 'unlock new scenarios' with touch.

That and they've eliminated Microsoft Windows Small Business Server, so if any service providers have had their clients on an upgrade path since 1999 that included Exchange and SQL, "sorry clients, what you've been doing for years has been discontinued and you need to spend a few thousand more to do it".

Since Gates left the company, they've been on a downward spiral that seems to be more about monetizing on fads rather than receiving fair compensation for producing software that improves our lives.
rgillis70
Premium Member
join:2002-12-30
Washington, DC

rgillis70

Premium Member

said by urbanriot:

That and they've eliminated Microsoft Windows Small Business Server, so if any service providers have had their clients on an upgrade path since 1999 that included Exchange and SQL, "sorry clients, what you've been doing for years has been discontinued and you need to spend a few thousand more to do it".

????

»www.microsoft.com/oem/en ··· PW7-w2cV

I am doing a migration this weekend - they are not killing off SBS. They know it is a cash cow. They have changed the migration path by adding SQL as a stand alone system, but everything still works and runs smoother than before.

I don't hate MS. I think Win7 is the most solid OS I have run, and yes I run various Linux flavors and work on OUL, AIX and Macs.

I did dislike them killing Netscape, I really liked that browser and continued to use it as long as I could. I don't hate IE, but it is not my main browser.

Activation has never been an issue for me, and so many other companies do the same thing - but no one complains about them.

I hate Adobe. I love Photoshop but the rest of that company can take a flying leap. Support is useless and arrogant.