Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

robman50

join:2010-12-14
Beamsville, ON
reply to robman50

Re: DTS or PLII(movie/music/game) upmix

Sometimes when I playback an video file on my computer with VLC media player that has DTS encoded audio, my receiver lights up the dts light.

Dustyn
Premium
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN
kudos:11
said by robman50:

Sometimes when I playback an video file on my computer with VLC media player that has DTS encoded audio, my receiver lights up the dts light.

Is it not suppose to do that?

Dogg
Premium
join:2003-06-11
Belleville, IL
Reviews:
·Charter
reply to robman50
said by robman50:

Based on my experience, that's normal. You should get an indication on the Receiver for the type of signal that it is receiving. Should be indicators for DTS, DD5.1, PCM, etc.
--
Google is your Friend

robman50

Beamsville, ON
reply to Dustyn
said by Dustyn:

said by robman50:

Is it not suppose to do that?

I think so. All though I never used an PC with HDMI on the receiver before.

robman50

Beamsville, ON
reply to Dogg
said by Dogg:

said by robman50:

Based on my experience, that's normal. You should get an indication on the Receiver for the type of signal that it is receiving. Should be indicators for DTS, DD5.1, PCM, etc.

PCM for everything. From the POST screen, to the desktop, and even for my games.