kudos:9
Reviews:
·TELUS

4 recommendations

[Updated] Adobe Flash Player 11.3.300.270

Flash Player 11.3 Update
Aug 2, 2012 -2:18 PM

quote:
Today, Flash Player 11.3.300.270 for Windows was released to address a crash that was occurring in the Adobe Flash Player Update Service (FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe). There are no other fixes or changes provided with this build. This release is available for Windows only, and affects the Active X and Plug-in installers, uninstaller, and msi's (available on the distribution page.) No other platforms are affected.

Please be aware that this release is not available from the Product Download Center (»get.adobe.com/flashplayer) which will continue to provide 11.3.300.268. We realize that this might cause confusion for some users. Due to the severity of this issue, we decided to make this build available immediately to help customers affected by this bug. Due to logistical issues and time constraints, we were unable to update the release on the Product Download Center. The next release of Flash Player will correct this disparity.

Please note that unless you have been affected by the FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe crash, both 11.3.300.270 and 11.3.300.268 will be functionally identical.
Announcement is here: »forums.adobe.com/message/4594596#4594596

Download here: »www.adobe.com/products/flashplay···on3.html

siljaline
I'm lovin' that double wide
Premium
join:2002-10-12
Montreal, QC
kudos:17
Yet another place to search for Adobe Flash announcements

Dustyn
Premium
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN
kudos:11

1 edit

1 recommendation

reply to chachazz
Thanks for this info chachazz See Profile!

GuruGuy

join:2002-12-16
Atlanta, GA

1 recommendation

reply to chachazz
said by chachazz:

Flash Player 11.3 Update

quote:
Today, Flash Player 11.3.300.270 for Windows was released to address a crash that was occurring in the Adobe Flash Player Update Service (FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe). There are no other fixes or changes provided with this build. This release is available for Windows only, and affects the Active X and Plug-in installers, uninstaller, and msi's (available on the distribution page.) No other platforms are affected.

Please be aware that this release is not available from the Product Download Center (»get.adobe.com/flashplayer) which will continue to provide 11.3.300.268. We realize that this might cause confusion for some users. Due to the severity of this issue, we decided to make this build available immediately to help customers affected by this bug. Due to logistical issues and time constraints, we were unable to update the release on the Product Download Center. The next release of Flash Player will correct this disparity.

Please note that unless you have been affected by the FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe crash, both 11.3.300.270 and 11.3.300.268 will be functionally identical.

[att=1,l]

Your download here link has .268 as the latest. Am I missing something???

Thanks
--
GuruGuy

GuruGuy

join:2002-12-16
Atlanta, GA
said by GuruGuy:

said by chachazz:

Flash Player 11.3 Update

quote:

[att=1,l]

Your download here link has .268 as the latest. Am I missing something???

Thanks

From the thread at the security forum, it appears that although it says .268 on the page, it is in fact .270

I'll give it a shot.
--
GuruGuy

siljaline
I'm lovin' that double wide
Premium
join:2002-10-12
Montreal, QC
kudos:17
Reviews:
·Bell Sympatico
You can fetch the *.270 direct links from my link further up the thread, GuruGuy See Profile

lordpuffer
RIP lil
Premium
join:2004-09-19
Rio Rancho, NM
kudos:2

1 recommendation

reply to chachazz
Thanks chachazz.

chachazz
Premium
join:2003-12-14
kudos:9
Reviews:
·TELUS
reply to GuruGuy
said by GuruGuy:

it appears that although it says .268 on the page, it is in fact .270

I'll give it a shot.

Adobe had not updated the page data at time of posting, however, the download file was correct (.270)

Two links for downloads are provided above in the Topic post - the Flash forum announcement has d/l links and the distribution page has downloads.

Cheers!
--
Gladiator Security Forum: www.gladiator-antivirus.com/

jabarnut
Light Years Away
Premium,MVM
join:2005-01-22
Galaxy M31

1 recommendation

reply to chachazz
Thanks, chazz.
I may just skip this version since I always turn off auto-updates and delete the FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe file anyway, and I haven't experienced any crashes with .268.
Then again, if I get bored later, I may not be able to resist.
Drives me crazy when I'm not 'up to date', even when I don't need it.
--
I had a life once.....now I have a Computer and a Modem.

shwing
A Sphincter Says What ?

join:2002-11-14

1 recommendation

reply to chachazz
thanks mate
make sure to uncheck "Yes, install McAfee Security Scan Plus - optional (0.98 MB)" lol
--
Party On Garth! ... Party On Wayne !
Shwing!

Spy
Premium
join:2001-09-22
NE

1 recommendation

reply to chachazz
thanks chachazz it's up now

Buddel
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Premium
join:2004-03-06
EU
kudos:3

1 recommendation

reply to chachazz
Thanks for all your updates posts, my friend. You help me a great deal to keep my computer up to date. Very much appreciated -- as always.

Pentangle
With our thoughts we make the world.
Premium
join:2006-06-01
Vancouver BC

1 recommendation

reply to chachazz
Thanks chazzy.

chachazz
Premium
join:2003-12-14