how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

NinjaAction

join:2007-09-26
Calgary, AB

Are Business Plan Data Limits enforced?

I'm upgrading to Business 50 next week, planning on uploading a ton for backups and probably will continue doing 500+ gigs per month indefinatly.
Will I get charged?

ravenchilde

join:2011-04-01
kudos:2

said by NinjaAction:

I'm upgrading to Business 50 next week, planning on uploading a ton for backups and probably will continue doing 500+ gigs per month indefinatly.
Will I get charged?

I believe at this time you won't get charged, but going over could result in a phone call and suspension or requesting you upgrade your plan.

As I'm not a Shaw Business CSR, I highly suggest you call them for a definitive.

rustydusty

join:2009-09-29
Red Deer, AB
reply to NinjaAction

Sean may chime in and provide more info on this. Have yet to see an overage myself, or any of my clients. Definitely interesting to know for sure!

kevinds
Premium
join:2003-05-01
Calgary, AB
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Shaw
reply to NinjaAction

Depends how much more,

But there is no bump-up program for Business accounts,

After BB50 for $99, the next plan is BB100 for $249, more than double.

Depends how far over, the acceptable use team usually leaves business account alone.

If you are doing several TB's per month, they might get in touch with you, but they also concentrate on the busiest nodes. If saturated, they will help users stay within their plans limits.

From my experience with Shaw, unless you are going way past your limits, they don't really bother you (especially business accounts).

-Posted from my phone.

NinjaAction

join:2007-09-26
Calgary, AB

Thx for the info, I don't plan on doing several terabytes......i'm guessing somewhere in the 6-800 gig range. Sounds like i should be fine for now anyways.

kevinds
Premium
join:2003-05-01
Calgary, AB
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Shaw
reply to NinjaAction

50-Plus has 750 GB transfer if you need a little more,

»shaw.ca/Business/Internet-Services/50-Plus/

Also one or two basic telephone lines included in addition to the 50 plan.
--
Yes, I am not employed and looking for IT work. Have passport, will travel.

Expand your moderator at work