how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

linberl

join:2005-03-15
Albany, CA

1800HG unable to connect to broadband

I'm using my 1800HG, which I have not used for about a year, on my son's new dry loop dsl line with AT&T. Since ATT sold it to me initially, it should work. Tried to set it up today and from the gateway I was unable to sync adsl. The broadband light flashes orange a few times then the modem light turns off for a few seconds then there's a click and it attempts another sync. The ISP says the service is up but they don't see a modem on the line (there was no computer connected when they checked and I don't know if that matters). I can log in to the gateway and change passwords and get to where it tries to connect but then it fails. Message below, and somewhere it also said no atm circuit found. Is it the modem or the line??
thanks for any help!

Our HomePortal 1800HG was unable to detect a DSL signal on the telephone line plugged into its DSL port. Check these common problems:

* If this is new DSL service, verify that your DSL service has actually been turned on.

* Verify the HomePortal 1800HG has been connected to telephone wall jack that has DSL service.

* Check that the cable with DSL is plugged into the DSL port on the HomePortal 1800HG.

Once you have corrected the problem, click RETRY to try the connection process again.HomePortal 1800HG

bbear2
Premium
join:2003-10-06
kudos:5
Please post your connection details from here: »192.168.1.254/xslt?PAGE=B02&THIS···PAGE=B02
Don't need to post your username though.

linberl

join:2005-03-15
Albany, CA
hard to post when the computer at that location has no internet, lol. anyway i tried another modem, ztl zoom, and it had no broadband either so i called att. they are sending a tech tomorrow to check the line outside. hopefully that will fix it.

one thing that is weird, though, is that even though i know the password is being entered correctly, the portal does not recognize it. i reset and change the password 3 times to progressively easier pw, and it still won't accept on a re-logon. i have to reset every time. ????

bbear2
Premium
join:2003-10-06
kudos:5
That URL was a local one for your 2wire. I assumed that you were physically at the same location as it. One thing too about some modems is that they are hardwired to have the DSL on the primary pair (normally red/green in a 4 wire setup). You might try switching the pairs going to the modem in case the signal is on the other wire. You can also look at your NIC to see what's connected.