Re: Rogers New Ultimate Package

Click for full size
This is the speed i get
I am at Mavis and Queensway

elitefx
join:2011-02-14
London, ON

elitefx

When you think about it, 10.04mbps upstream is really only 1.25 MB/s. Pretty lousy deal for $122.99/month. If it was actually 10MB/s up then that would be something to compliment Rogers on.

Trust Rogers to make it look like they've achieved something when they've achieved nothing really..........

polbox
join:2002-05-28
Mississauga, ON

polbox

just check my bill online say $99.99/mo I got Ultimate I upgrade from Express plus to Ultimate in August but my price is still 99.99.mo

So i think the new price only applies to for new people signing up.

BACONATOR26
Premium Member
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON

BACONATOR26

Premium Member

said by polbox:

just check my bill online say $99.99/mo I got Ultimate I upgrade from Express plus to Ultimate in August but my price is still 99.99.mo

Thanks for letting us know. In which case since I should be eligable for the new tier I'll probably call in sooner rather than later.

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
Premium Member
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON

Tx

Premium Member

said by BACONATOR26:

said by polbox:

Thanks for letting us know. In which case since I should be eligable for the new tier I'll probably call in sooner rather than later.

i can also confirm the bill on my end remained $99 and we're not upgraded to the 150/10 automatically
wicked13
join:2009-10-18

wicked13 to polbox

to polbox
Really? Did you call in and ask them to upgrade your tier to the "new ultimate" or just "ultimate"? I thought the new prices was for everyone.

elitefx
London, ON

3 edits

elitefx to Tx

to Tx
Rogers is just playing friggin' games with your heads. As soon as the new tier is OFFICIALLY online your bills will jump like anyone elses to $122.99

If it's advertised at $122.99 then Rogers will get their $122.99 from you one way or the other and claim you were getting a "special trial offer price" or your package price was "grandfathered" temporarily or any number of the usual BS stunts Rogers pulls to cover up one of their underhanded billing errors/changes/modifications etc.

Thankfully, I wasn't born yesterday..............Geez guys, we are talking ROGERS here...

And furthermore, half of Ontario is still humping along on the old speeds, tiers, network etc. Nothing has changed for us except some of us have 8x4 powered channels, nothing more, nothing less. Same ole same ole.........

I mean, 10 years from now when you're all with a different ISP getting 100/50 MEGABYTES PER SECOND for $60 a month, you're going to look back shaking your head, and saying "I can't believe Rogers nailed me for $122.99/month for 1.25MB/s upstream and I fell for it"

Tx
Premium Member
Mississauga, ON

Tx

Premium Member

said by elitefx:

Rogers is just playing friggin' games with your heads. As soon as the new tier is OFFICIALLY online your bills will jump like anyone elses to $122.99

If it's advertised at $122.99 then Rogers will get their $122.99 from you one way or the other and claim you were getting a "special trial offer price" or your package price was "grandfathered" temporarily or any number of the usual BS stunts Rogers pulls to cover up one of their underhanded billing errors/changes/modifications etc.

Thankfully, I wasn't born yesterday..............Geez guys, we are talking ROGERS here...

And furthermore, half of Ontario is still humping along on the old speeds, tiers, network etc. Nothing has changed for us except some of us have 8x4 powered channels, nothing more, nothing less. Same ole same ole.........

I mean, 10 years from now when you're all with a different ISP getting 100/50 MEGABYTES PER SECOND for $60 a month, you're going to look back shaking your head, and saying "I can't believe Rogers nailed me for $122.99/month for 1.25MB/s upstream and I fell for it"

We've been on Rogers ultimate plan now for 8 months on a 2 year (NON-CONTRACT) plan 50% off for 24 months. So i'm paying $47 a month for my easy 100 meg line i get. Though Rogers are scum, sometimes a good deal comes around your own hatred cannot deny.

Sorry i'm not in the business of spending more money to move away from a company. Who ever offers me a better deal i go with. 250 gig sucks but we manage it each month with no issues between netflix, gaming, downloads and my business we hit just under 240 a month.

These days Rogers each time i call because i have home monitoring i get directly employed Rogers techs to my home be it internet, tv or home monitoring issues. When i call i never wait longer than 10 minutes on hold for someone and they are all english speaking (not overseas)

Rogers sucks in several ways if not almost all, but when you strike a good promo you go with it.

Stability is also key for me. A must have.

elitefx
London, ON

elitefx

said by Tx:

......and my business.....So i'm paying $47 a month......

You obviously have a tactical advantage to use as leverage a lot of us don't enjoy. Glad to hear somebody shook the Rogers tree and got what they were looking for.

If we all were paying $47 for the tier and tech service you receive I'm sure Rogers would have a million more customers and would be a top rated ISP.

Unfortunately................

Tx
Premium Member
Mississauga, ON

Tx

Premium Member

said by elitefx:

said by Tx:

......and my business.....So i'm paying $47 a month......

You obviously have a tactical advantage to use as leverage a lot of us don't enjoy. Glad to hear somebody shook the Rogers tree and got what they were looking for.

If we all were paying $47 for the tier and tech service you receive I'm sure Rogers would have a million more customers and would be a top rated ISP.

Unfortunately................

You are right about shaking the tree lol... just have to try hard enough and you get a good deal...

Yeloman
@74.198.9.x

Yeloman to Stephan_S

Anon

to Stephan_S
I just switched to the 75mbps ultimate and I'm getting 18mbps (sometimes even lower.

I had Extreme plus and it never went that low. Is there something I'm missing?? I tried resetting the modem but still the same.

Does anyone know if the Ajax area can support the ultimate package? That speed is ridiculous!

anon2342
@rogers.com

anon2342

Anon

What router are you using?
stlouis1
join:2012-11-06

stlouis1 to Stephan_S

to Stephan_S
I'm rather frustrated right now. I'm In Kanata, ON, and called them when my internet went down on the weekend. Apparently there was an outage in my area and it came back online about an hour after I got off the phone.

While I was on the line though, I had them transfer me to find out if the new 150/10 ultimate plan was available in my area, which they said it was. So considering I use remote access a lot, and the upload would significantly improve that experience, we upgraded our plan as of sunday when our billing cycle renewed.

I've spent just about every night on the phone with them so far this week, and I'm still only getting this

A friend of mine in the area is getting the same results. the last he called them, they said it's not available in this area. So why on earth are they selling something they're not ready to offer if that's the case.

I'm posting here in hopes that someone else may be having the same experience.
Anzio
join:2008-11-22

Anzio

CSR's that don't know any better. Did you try a hard reset on the modem? Maybe you'd need to change channels.

jasmo34
join:2008-03-20
~ London ~

1 edit

jasmo34 to Breadwinka

to Breadwinka
said by Breadwinka :

Pretty sure he means you need a gigabit Ethernet card older ones only support 100mbs and not 1000mbs so you max out at 100.

Hmmm! Can an old 10/100 network card actually handle a full 100Mbps? Or is 100M some theoretical level, and the card will really only do 70Mbps? Certainly I do not see 100Mbps transfers between my computers, using 10/100 ports.

Could even the 75Mbps Rogers service be choked by an old 10/100 network port? (on the computer, OR the router and/or switch!)

edit: I added last point about router/switch ports. I know I was bit surprised that a wireless router I recently 'acquired' only had 10/100 lan ports.
technocar2
join:2009-05-29
Brampton, ON

2 edits

technocar2

said by jasmo34:

said by Breadwinka :

Pretty sure he means you need a gigabit Ethernet card older ones only support 100mbs and not 1000mbs so you max out at 100.

Hmmm! Can an old 10/100 network card actually handle a full 100Mbps? Or is 100M some theoretical level, and the card will really only do 70Mbps? Certainly I do not see 100Mbps transfers between my computers, using 10/100 ports.

Could even the 75Mbps Rogers service be choked by an old 10/100 network port? (on the computer, OR the router and/or switch!)

edit: I added last point about router/switch ports. I know I was bit surprised that a wireless router I recently 'acquired' only had 10/100 lan ports.

You really do need 1Gbps NIC for ultimate because I've seen youtube videos stream at ~120 mbps so why on earth would you want to limit your downloading abilities to just 100 mbps?

75 mbps probably won't choke a 10/100 NIC but you will get very little speedboost out of it plus a decent 1Gbps NIC can be had for $20, so why not just get one.

jasmo34
join:2008-03-20
~ London ~

jasmo34

> a decent 1Gbps NIC can be had for $20, so why not just get one.

No doubt I would upgrade all my stuff, if/when I get into that level of internet connection.

Before this week though, and reading up on the higher Rogers and Bell plans, I had never even given any thought to my internet connection actually being faster than some of my networking components.
stlouis1
join:2012-11-06

stlouis1 to Anzio

to Anzio
I have one of the cisco modems, as far as I can tell it shuold be capable. there's no setting to change channels on it when i log into it though, unless I need to take it out of bridge mode to access something, but I doubt it

I did another speedtest this mornign and got 60/2, but it's still a long way off.

I have reset and power cycled numerous times, spent god knows how much time on the phone with rogers so far. not impressed
stlouis1

stlouis1

I just got off the phone with Tech support again, they finally told me, the plan I upgraded to, that I'm paying for, is not "ready" in my area. The most I can get is 75/2, not 150/10.

So when I spent 20 minutes on the phone with sales, had to rephrase my question 6 times regarding the availability of this plan in my area, and they said its available, they sold me something they're not offering. Meaning it's just as I suspected since a friend of mine in this area went through the same thing.

Not impressed
bt
join:2009-02-26
canada

bt to Stephan_S

to Stephan_S
Make sure they're billing you for 75/2 and not 150/10 then....
yyzlhr
join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr to stlouis1

to stlouis1
Even with 75/2 you're not getting the advertised speed.