TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS to jaykaykay

MVM

to jaykaykay

Re: Court Upholds Domestic Drone Use in Arrest of US Citizen

said by jaykaykay:

Wonderful. And so it begins, although I am not certain that this first case isn't justified in a drone's use. I am personally happy with drones being used but ride the fence and am unhappy as well. It's a sticky slope we're in, as indicated by a statement made in this article.

Wondering what they would do if I deployed surplus camouflage netting over my back yard?

Blackbird
Built for Speed
Premium Member
join:2005-01-14
Fort Wayne, IN

Blackbird

Premium Member

said by NormanS:

... Wondering what they would do if I deployed surplus camouflage netting over my back yard?

Haul you before some agency for violating zoning, safety, environmental impact, attractive nuisance, etc., etc. If they seriously want to contest such a challenge by you, there are already likely a bunch of potential rules and regulations already on the books that they can accuse you of and tie you up in court or commissions with fines/assessments (or worse) for the rest of your natural life. Such becomes the situation if our government servants elect to become our masters...

EGeezer
Premium Member
join:2002-08-04
Midwest

2 recommendations

EGeezer

Premium Member

said by Blackbird:

Haul you before some agency for violating zoning, safety, environmental impact, attractive nuisance, etc., etc.

If governments make enough laws, they can find a way to convict anyone.

Blackbird
Built for Speed
Premium Member
Fort Wayne, IN

Blackbird

Premium Member

said by EGeezer:

said by Blackbird:

Haul you before some agency for violating zoning, safety, environmental impact, attractive nuisance, etc., etc.

If governments make enough laws, they can find a way to convict anyone.

The problem now is that with automated monitoring systems, be they cameras or drones, the ability to bring such detail rules and regulations to bear in a punitive way against even the most ordinary citizen becomes more than possible - it becomes nearly inevitable. In bygone days, those in power had to expend significant human resources to trump up such accusations... which limited their ability to suppress larger numbers of citizens. With technology, that equation has now shifted dangerously. The greater the ability to suppress, the greater the temptation to do it.

EGeezer
Premium Member
join:2002-08-04
Midwest

EGeezer

Premium Member

Robespierre's Committee of Public Safety used that strategy to great success. He would have loved drones.
nonymous (banned)
join:2003-09-08
Glendale, AZ

nonymous (banned) to NormanS

to NormanS
said by NormanS:

said by jaykaykay:

Wonderful. And so it begins, although I am not certain that this first case isn't justified in a drone's use. I am personally happy with drones being used but ride the fence and am unhappy as well. It's a sticky slope we're in, as indicated by a statement made in this article.

Wondering what they would do if I deployed surplus camouflage netting over my back yard?

If I was in the country and not in town with neighbors with two story house's I could just walk around outside naked. That would stop any surveillance.

Name Game
Premium Member
join:2002-07-07
Grand Rapids, MI

1 recommendation

Name Game

Premium Member

Domestic Spying: Mini-Drone Can Watch Neighbors From Above

WASHINGTON (CBS) – Your neighbors’ fences are no longer tall enough.

While President Obama takes flack for the US’s use of unmanned drone attacks abroad, there is a smaller, smartphone-controlled drone hovering above urban rooftops and suburban backyards: The Parrot AR Drone 2.0.

The Parrot AR Drone 2.0, listed on Amazon just below $300, is the best way to live out one’s fantasy of being a spy. The miniature drone is controlled through your iPhone or iPad and features multiple sensors, including a hi-definition front-facing 720-pixel camera and a vertical camera looking straight down from the bottom of the miniature quadricopter (four propellers).

»washington.cbslocal.com/ ··· m-above/

EUS
Kill cancer
Premium Member
join:2002-09-10
canada

EUS

Premium Member

Now that's pretty slick.

Name Game
Premium Member
join:2002-07-07
Grand Rapids, MI

Name Game

Premium Member

Boeing Demonstrates Drones That Perform Like ‘Swarm Of Insects’

SEATTLE (CBS Seattle) — Boeing engineers and researchers from Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory successfully demonstrated a “swarm” of drones to be used in battle.

According to a Boeing press release, the researchers and engineers conducted the test flights in Oregon in June using two ScanEagle drones which performed like a “swarm of insects.”

The flight operator was able to connect with the autonomous drones using only a laptop and a military radio. Boeing engineers said the drones were able to complete tasks more efficiently by communicating with each other.

“This swarm technology may one day enable warfighters in battle to request and receive time-critical intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance information directly from airborne (unmanned aerial vehicles) much sooner than they can from ground control stations today,” Gabriel Santander, program director of Advanced Autonomous Networks for Boeing Phantom Works, said in the press release. “Swarm network technology has the potential to offer more missions at less risk and lower operating costs.”

»seattle.cbslocal.com/201 ··· insects/

Next time you can be the test dummy...

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· &list=UL

wxboss
This is like Deja vu all over again.
Premium Member
join:2005-01-30
Fort Lauderdale, FL

wxboss to EUS

Premium Member

to EUS
said by EUS:

Now that's pretty slick.

Right. Now that the government has violated our privacy with their drones, we can now access similar technology that allows us to easily violate the privacy of our fellow neighbors and community.

I don't know about you, but I just got a warm and fuzzy feeling.

rcdailey
Dragoonfly
Premium Member
join:2005-03-29
Rialto, CA

rcdailey to Name Game

Premium Member

to Name Game
What happens if your "swarm" gets hacked?

StuartMW
Premium Member
join:2000-08-06

StuartMW to EUS

Premium Member

to EUS
said by EUS:

Now that's pretty slick.

Until one of those things is hovering over your back yard and/or looking through your windows,

Blackbird
Built for Speed
Premium Member
Fort Wayne, IN

1 recommendation

Blackbird to rcdailey

Premium Member

to rcdailey
said by rcdailey:

What happens if your "swarm" gets hacked?

Imagine Hitchcock's "The Birds", only with hostile drone-bots...