Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY
kudos:1
reply to MxxCon

Re: Suggestions Needed for a 27" monitor

said by MxxCon:

How's the build quality?

The Auria EQ276W outer shell is made of plastic. Its construction is fairly sold though. I have three Asus 27” monitors as well as a View sonic (and some others) the build quality is physically just as good IMO. Even better in some cases. Buttons are firm, not mushy and give off an audible click.

said by MxxCon:

How good are onscreen menus?

HP has the HP ZR2740w 2560x1440 monitor in the ~$650 range. It has no onscreen menus at all. Many of the Korean 2560x1440 monitors in this price range (~$300 to ~$400) such as the Yamakasi Catleap and Crossover again have no OSD menu system to speak of.

Having said that the menu system on the Auria EQ276W is fairly good overall IMO. Its responsive, fast and navigation is intuitive. There is an opaque setting as well. I honestly didn’t spend much time in the menu system though because, while not perfect, I was happy enough with the out of the box settings.

said by MxxCon:

How much and how far can you adjust them?

There are a few photos of the menu system in the link I posted earlier:

»www.overclock.net/t/1288941/enka···o-center

said by MxxCon:

Did you calibrate it?

No.

Again, while not perfect it was serviceable out of the box IMO.

said by MxxCon:

What were the results?

NA

said by MxxCon:

Did you calibrate with osm or video drivers?

NA

said by MxxCon:

How uniform is its backlight?

Very uniform, I didn’t notice any inconsistencies.
said by MxxCon:

Is it edge-lit led?

I don’t know. I thought these were rejected by Apple and used whatever technology Apple uses in their Cinema displays but I’m not 100% sure.

said by MxxCon:

Any backlight bleeding?

Not much if any that I could see.

said by MxxCon:

Is the screen mate or glossy?

Glossy, although oddly enough I didn’t find it off putting. I have an older HP Touchsmart 22” All-In-One system with a glossy screen and I did find the reflection annoying at times. Therefore I would concluded that there may be some coating that mitigates the reflective nature of typical glossy screens. In other words it doesn’t seem nearly as reflective as some other screens I’ve seen.

My experience with my Auria EQ276W 27" unit may differ somewhat from Krisnatharok’ s experience with his unit.

MxxCon

join:1999-11-19
Brooklyn, NY

Why wouldn't you calibrate it?!
That's like buying a sports car but not wanting to properly inflate its tires...
--
[Sig removed by Administrator: signature can not exceed 20GB]

Octavean
Premium,MVM
New York, NY

As I stated before, the out of the box settings were sufficient. I bought the Auria EQ276W for my Wife and she was quite pleased with it out of the box as well. She isn’t a graphics artiest, photographer, designer or the like but rather a developer / programmer. She needs good sharp text above all and she’s got that and more.

I’d be more inclined to calibrate my Asus VE276Q, VE278Q VK278Q triple monitor setup because side by side you can see that they could really use it.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12

Don't know if you had the issue of the Auria not showing the POST screen during boot-up. I upgraded my EVGA GTX 580 to the latest nvidia beta drivers (306) and flashed the FW in it, and I can now see POST no problem.
--
If we lose this freedom of ours, history will record with the greatest astonishment, those who had the most to lose, did the least to prevent its happening.

Octavean
Premium,MVM
New York, NY

Thanks for the heads-up.

I haven't really had much of a problem but it's something to keep in mind if I switch the Auria EQ276W to a different system or try using it with a KVM. BTW I have heard that different inputs on this monitor may have a faster response to resolution change but haven't tested firsthand.

I'm still thinking about getting another Auria EQ276W monitor. If I do it will probably be some time in October, great stuff these monitors,...

Octavean
Premium,MVM
New York, NY
reply to Krisnatharok

Re: AURIA EQ276W 27" Monitor

They also seem to have more 21:9 ratio WQHD monitors coming to market at 2560x1080. Not sure the price will be reasonable though:

»www.ifa.philips.com/

pnjunction
Teksavvy Extreme
Premium
join:2008-01-24
Toronto, ON
reply to Krisnatharok

I prefer 16:10 monitors but I think I'd still like to get my hands on one of these. 2560x1440 is still more vertical resolution than 1920x1200 that I have now.

I wish they'd show up at somewhere other than microcenter though. They don't ship to Canada.

Octavean
Premium,MVM
New York, NY
reply to Krisnatharok

Microcenter seems to be out of the AURIA EQ276W in all locations near me (NY Yonkers, NJ Paterson and NY Long Island). I hope they get some more in stock because I was thinking about getting another in October.

I was thinking either a GTX660, iPhone or AURIA EQ276W,...

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12

They had a giant stack of them at the Northern VA store (Fairfax) if you feel like a road trip. I'll buy beers!

Octavean
Premium,MVM
New York, NY

Interesting,......

Online they are claiming the Northern VA store (Fairfax) store is out of stock. Wonder what is up with that,.....?

sk1939
Premium
join:2010-10-23
Mclean, VA
kudos:10

Check Rockville, MD.

Octavean
Premium,MVM
New York, NY
reply to Krisnatharok

"Microcenter web store" seems to let you add to cart,....

Octavean
Premium,MVM
New York, NY
reply to Krisnatharok

Anandtech has a review up of the Nixeus NX-VUE27 which they are claiming is or was $500 at the time of writing. Presumably it started at $430 but went up.

»www.anandtech.com/show/6286/nixe···e-masses

I’ll reiterate that the Nixeus NX-VUE27 seems to be the exact same monitor as the Auria EQ276W with the only exception being the stand, which, allows for height adjustment and rotation (portrait / landscape orientation). Neither of which is worth a ~$30 to ~$100 markup from the Auria EQ276W ~$399.99 price (for my use case) IMO. If I wanted a better monitor mount I could buy one probably as low as ~$25 USD.