Adalicia
Om Nom Nom
join:2009-10-13
Lincoln, NE

1 recommendation

Adalicia to Skittles

to Skittles

Re: WoW drops again

Fun part is, assuming 9.1 million active subscriptions, that's still 1.6 billion a year and I'd expect the number to go up with the MoP release, so regardless of declining numbers you're still talking about (ignoring overhead) a revenue intake that is five times the cost of the entire production of The Old Republic.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

said by Adalicia:

Fun part is, assuming 9.1 million active subscriptions, that's still 1.6 billion a year and I'd expect the number to go up with the MoP release, so regardless of declining numbers you're still talking about (ignoring overhead) a revenue intake that is five times the cost of the entire production of The Old Republic.

Well also remember the Subs need to cover the cost of datacenter space and internet connection for the servers.

I'd be interested in the cost to blizzard to keep the wow servers running. Sure revenue is high but what of base costs, before you even add in upgrades and monitoring and other support of the servers.

then you have the dev costs.

But I bet WOW still comes out with a large net.

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom
join:2009-10-13
Lincoln, NE

Adalicia

I made note of that, towards the end, two words I'm parentheses. "Ignoring Overhead."

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Well revenue would still be large, the gross intake would be all money they receive.

And revenue is normally Gross not net.