dellsweig
Extreme Aerobatics
Premium,MVM
join:2003-12-10
Campbell Hall, NY
kudos:1

[ML] after update to ML - App store shows one update in icon

Greetings

Just wondering if anyone else has seen this - or if there is something I can do to correct this...

After my upgrade from Lion to ML - The app store icon - and the updates page in the app store - show one update available - only the number badge in the icon, not in the update list.

I tried a reboot but its still there..

Anyone??
--
Nothin' left to do but smile smile smile

not quite right
I'm not cool enough to be a Mac person

join:2001-06-23
Puyallup, WA

Re: [ML] after update to ML - App store shows one update in ico

Have you changed your Apple ID at anytime on that machine?

dellsweig
Extreme Aerobatics
Premium,MVM
Campbell Hall, NY

said by not quite right:

Have you changed your Apple ID at anytime on that machine?

I had to reset my password a couple weeks ago but app store badge worked fin on Lion....

What are you thinking??
--

not quite right

Puyallup, WA
Reviews:
·Vonage
·Comcast

I was thinking an app purchased with an old account might have received a update. Happens every now and then with my iPhone. iTunes will show I have an update on the badge, but nothing ever shows under updates until I logout and log back in with my old ID then they appear. Solution was to take note of all my apps then re-download them all under my new ID. (did any of that make sense??
--
Not many people know this, but I happen to be quite famous...

dellsweig
Extreme Aerobatics
Premium,MVM
Campbell Hall, NY

I did a little more looking around - in the App store - it showed ML as ready to download instead of installed.

I went ahead and clicked download, downloaded it again and installed again - this time the update badge is normal.

Maybe there was an update as I was an early upgrader??

Anyway - all is good now
--

not quite right

Puyallup, WA
Reviews:
·Vonage
·Comcast

I knew it had to be something off the wall like that, glad you found the fix. I'll become obsessed with little annoyances like that until I find the fix or have an aneurism, wether they affect me or not.
--
Not many people know this, but I happen to be quite famous...

haroldo

join:2004-01-16
united state
reply to dellsweig

I just realized that the old Software Update... link just pulls up App Store, which (I have SSD and presumably taking advantage of Power Nap) already surveyed my computer and instantly knows that there are no new updates. Formerly it would scan for a minute or two.
I like this!
I knew in Lion that Apple oriented updates were pushed to App Store, with
Software Update... still being used for the few odd ball items (third party items, such as printer driver updates, etc.) Will these updates now be part of App Store also or will I have to go back to Software Update... to look for them?
Thanks!

Thinkdiff
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY
kudos:11

Software update is now completely contained inside the App Store app.
--
University of Southern California - Fight On!

haroldo

join:2004-01-16
united state

Gotcha, thanks! (I'll bet that in 10.9 "Smelly Cat", from Friends) the big new feature, the "Oh, and one more thing" (if you will) is going to be the elimination of the Software Update... line from App Store.
In Purchases, next to iPhoto, I have "an error has occurred" without a link or anything to do. Is this a *.0 bug?