jaynick
lit up
Premium Member
join:2001-02-06
Sterling Heights, MI

jaynick to graysonf

Premium Member

to graysonf

Re: [Connectivity] Zoom 5341j firmware upgrade.

Didn't see the other thread.

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

1 recommendation

telcodad

MVM

said by jaynick:

Didn't see the other thread.

This is the other thread where the Zoom 5341J firmware update was discussed: »[Connectivity] Zoom 5341J - Detailed Comcast Activation & How-To

Wayne99021
Premium Member
join:2004-12-28
Mead, WA

Wayne99021 to jaynick

Premium Member

to jaynick
I don't know for sure if that update to 5.5.4.9j screwed up my 5341j or not, but that's about the time my modems started having problems
The power light was on solid, the DS light was flashing blue, the us light was flashing green and the online was flashing green and no link light hooked to the router or directly to the computer.
I could do a hard reset and it would be normal for about 10 minutes then start all over with that light pattern.
Zoom tech support is a joke and beings I only had the modem for 5 days, it's going back to Amazon.
I may have got a bad modem, but I didn't have any problems until that update, maybe just a coincidence

jaynick
lit up
Premium Member
Sterling Heights, MI

jaynick

Premium Member

I am wondering if I didn't get a bad one also. Every 2-3 days like clock work it drops off line around 1 am and won't recover on it's own. I have to power cycle it to come back up. Sometimes the US blue light flashes continously even though I have connectivity. It needs a hard reset to correct that. If the firmware update corrects it I'll be happy, if not, I'll revert to my SB6120 and try a 8x4 motorola if they get approved soon.

andyross
MVM
join:2003-05-04
Aurora, IL

andyross

MVM

Do you have upstream bonding? There is a limit of 51dB on the upstream level when bonding 3 channels. The limit is 54dB for 2 channels.

The blinking US but still working may have meant it couldn't get one of the upstreams working. On the SB6120, it logs it as a T4 error.

jaynick
lit up
Premium Member
Sterling Heights, MI

1 edit

jaynick

Premium Member

said by andyross:

Do you have upstream bonding? There is a limit of 51dB on the upstream level when bonding 3 channels. The limit is 54dB for 2 channels.

The blinking US but still working may have meant it couldn't get one of the upstreams working. On the SB6120, it logs it as a T4 error.

Yes .The signal page says it's locked on 2 channels. Upstream signal is 47 atm.

Wayne99021
Premium Member
Mead, WA

1 recommendation

Wayne99021

Premium Member

I too had 2 upstream channels locked at 44.8. dBmV so I know that wasn't the problem with the modem.
Over all I have excellent signals.
I too will be going with the Motorola 6141 that is 8x4 as soon as Comcast puts that on their approved list.
I will stay with a name that I have used for years with no problems.

jaynick
lit up
Premium Member
Sterling Heights, MI

jaynick

Premium Member

I guess it's like most things, YMMV.

Wayne99021
Premium Member
Mead, WA

Wayne99021 to jaynick

Premium Member

to jaynick
Just got a e-mail back from the people who do the testing and approving of modems.
He said the Motorola SB 6141 which is a 8x4 D3 modem is in testing now and once it passes all their testing it will be placed on the approved list.
He really couldn't give a time frame though.

jaynick
lit up
Premium Member
Sterling Heights, MI

jaynick

Premium Member

I would think it wouldn't be too much longer then.

Wayne99021
Premium Member
Mead, WA

Wayne99021

Premium Member

I hope soon!

LarryE
join:2000-07-29
Chicago, IL

LarryE to Wayne99021

to Wayne99021
Click for full size
said by Wayne99021:

Just got a e-mail back from the people who do the testing and approving of modems.
He said the Motorola SB 6141 which is a 8x4 D3 modem is in testing now and once it passes all their testing it will be placed on the approved list.
He really couldn't give a time frame though.

Just talked to Comcast and the SB6141 is now on the approved list.