uniqs

donoreo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON

donoreo

Premium Member

[Rant] 1st day of vacation, 3 of 4 are sick

In one way or another. One daughter has a fever and sore throat. I have had severely loose movements, but feel otherwise ok. My wife has had the same as me but worse and has a slight fever.

We were supposed to have left for the cottage by 11. We will wait and see for tomorrow.

Wolfie00
My dog is an elitist
Premium Member
join:2005-03-12

Wolfie00

Premium Member

And it's the long weekend, too! Hope things get much better for you tomorrow and you can get away.

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones

join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON

DKS to donoreo

to donoreo
said by donoreo:

In one way or another. One daughter has a fever and sore throat. I have had severely loose movements, but feel otherwise ok. My wife has had the same as me but worse and has a slight fever.

We were supposed to have left for the cottage by 11. We will wait and see for tomorrow.

Welcome to the world of children and the "stay-cation".

loosedobbs
join:2006-06-13
Toronto

loosedobbs to donoreo

to donoreo
bad luck is very bad.
Expand your moderator at work
MaynardKrebs
We did it. We heaved Steve. Yipee.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-17

MaynardKrebs to donoreo

Premium Member

to donoreo

Re: [Rant] 1st day of vacation, 3 of 4 are sick

said by donoreo:

TMI

J E F F4
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium Member
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4 to donoreo

Premium Member

to donoreo
said by donoreo:

Guess your wife won't be letting you cook anymore.

Last Parade
join:2002-10-07
Port Colborne, ON

Last Parade to donoreo

to donoreo
I feel really bad for you not being able to clog up the highways in cottage country on the long weekend

Just kidding. get well soon.

donoreo
Premium Member
North York, ON

donoreo

Premium Member

I am much better now, wife spent most of the afternoon in bed. One daughter is very bored, the other is up and down with the fever as medicine works then wears off.

A Lurker
that's Ms Lurker btw
Premium Member
join:2007-10-27
Wellington N

A Lurker to donoreo

Premium Member

to donoreo
Hope everyone is better tomorrow. Sucks big time to be sick on your time off, even if you have nothing planned.

Anav
Sarcastic Llama? Naw, Just Acerbic
Premium Member
join:2001-07-16
Dartmouth, NS

Anav to J E F F4

Premium Member

to J E F F4
said by J E F F4:

said by donoreo:

Guess your wife won't be letting you cook anymore.

Best Answer!

urbanriot
Premium Member
join:2004-10-18
Canada

urbanriot to donoreo

Premium Member

to donoreo
said by donoreo:

I1st day of vacation, 3 of 4 are sick

Sorry about your luck... very strange, around here too I've been lately encountering a lot of people with the flu, sneezing, coughing, runny nose, fever, not feeling so good all around, etc.
jaberi
join:2010-08-13

jaberi to donoreo

to donoreo
hope everyone feels better soon....started with a sore throat, then fever, followed by a whopping cough....5 days and wiped out totally...never had this middle of the summer
Expand your moderator at work

donoreo
Premium Member
North York, ON

donoreo

Premium Member

Re: [Rant] 1st day of vacation, 3 of 4 are sick

So, day 2. One daughter was up several times in the night and has a very sore throat this morning. Wife feels better except for being very tired from said daughter. I have a really bad headache. My wife and sick daughter have just left to go to a walk in clinic since the throat looks very red and has pustules. To get to her take some medicine this morning I gave her ice cream first to sooth her throat.

We may not go to the cottage again today since we do not want to give anything to the in laws. My father in law has the Canadian nationals Tennis (he is the Ontario over 70's doubles champ) in a couple of weeks, he wants to be healthy for that too.

urbanriot
Premium Member
join:2004-10-18
Canada

urbanriot

Premium Member

I appreciate people who have this respect for others since it mitigates the propagation of sickness. I also try to avoid others when I'm sick for the same reasons.

Mind you, we're talking about inlaws here... you must uniquely have some you like

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones

Owen Sound, ON

DKS to donoreo

to donoreo
said by donoreo:

So, day 2. One daughter was up several times in the night and has a very sore throat this morning. Wife feels better except for being very tired from said daughter. I have a really bad headache. My wife and sick daughter have just left to go to a walk in clinic since the throat looks very red and has pustules. To get to her take some medicine this morning I gave her ice cream first to sooth her throat.

We may not go to the cottage again today since we do not want to give anything to the in laws. My father in law has the Canadian nationals Tennis (he is the Ontario over 70's doubles champ) in a couple of weeks, he wants to be healthy for that too.

Good for you. I can't count the number of times we have cancelled vacations, stayed home or come home early because of kids' illness. The worst was a couple of years ago when youngest daughter got the diarrhea and the power went out at the cottage. No power? No water and no toilet. Came home.

donoreo
Premium Member
North York, ON

donoreo

Premium Member

Word from the doctor: strep. They are stopping for a prescription on the way home. The doctor said she will not be too contagious until she has had no fever for 24 hours.

Thane_Bitter
Inquire within
Premium Member
join:2005-01-20

Thane_Bitter

Premium Member

Nasty stuff.
Sorry that your plans got derailed.

donoreo
Premium Member
North York, ON

donoreo

Premium Member

Thanks to everyone for the best wishes. We will probably head to the cottage tomorrow morning. At least the traffic should be light! We will be there all week and we have friends coming up on Monday.
mr weather
Premium Member
join:2002-02-27
Mississauga, ON

mr weather

Premium Member

Supposed to rain for at least part of tomorrow so it may be a wet trek north for you.

We're heading to Mrs. Weather's cousin's cottage in the Kawartha's tomorrow for a couple of days. And no, it's not near Peterborough.

Hope your little one gets well soon.

donoreo
Premium Member
North York, ON

donoreo

Premium Member

Everyone feels much better this morning. One still has a sore throat, but it is much better.

My father in law, a very smart man in many ways, just called. The power is out. Wanted us to tell him when it would be on. My wife says "Did you call Hydro One?" "No". He does this all the time with anything.....well anything not finance related He can handle other people's money brilliantly, but anything else, a little lost.

The power is out for about 500 people around our cottage.
peterboro (banned)
join:2006-11-03
Peterborough, ON

peterboro (banned) to mr weather

to mr weather
said by mr weather:

We're heading to Mrs. Weather's cousin's cottage in the Kawartha's tomorrow for a couple of days. And no, it's not near Peterborough.

If it's in the Kawartha's then it' relatively near Peterborough by definition or it wouldn't be in the Kawartha's.
mr weather
Premium Member
join:2002-02-27
Mississauga, ON

mr weather

Premium Member

said by peterboro:

If it's in the Kawartha's then it' relatively near Peterborough by definition or it wouldn't be in the Kawartha's.

We were on Canal Lake. I wouldn't say it's close to Peterborough.

donoreo
Premium Member
North York, ON

donoreo

Premium Member

said by mr weather:

said by peterboro:

Probably closer to Gravenhurst. We will be coming home early tomorrow, since it is supposed to rain all weekend. So we were late coming and early going

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

Just has I head to Peterboro country for 2 weeks.

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones

Owen Sound, ON

DKS to donoreo

to donoreo
said by donoreo:

said by mr weather:

said by peterboro:

Probably closer to Gravenhurst. We will be coming home early tomorrow, since it is supposed to rain all weekend. So we were late coming and early going

I understand a lot of men have that problem.
DKS

DKS to elwoodblues

to elwoodblues
said by elwoodblues:

Havelock Jamboree?

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

said by DKS:

said by elwoodblues:

Havelock Jamboree?

Not my cup of tea, no a buddy has a family cottage on an island on Stony Lake.

2 weeks of fishing and just plain vegging...
peterboro (banned)
join:2006-11-03
Peterborough, ON

peterboro (banned)

said by elwoodblues:

2 weeks of fishing and just plain vegging...

I realize you are setting me up to comment....It's too soon to harvest so I'll speculate that it's your turn to guard the "crop"?