spc
uniqs
msobon
join:2012-08-03
Scarborough, ON

msobon to ratpack

to ratpack

Re: [Cable] Thomson DCM475 Firmware

Looks like I just found my root cause of my problems, here in the same boat with a DCM475 with the 2.08 firmware, I called teksavvy to point it out to them and they aknowledged this is a known issue, however they would not say it was the problem all the previous times I called and logged issues with them about it.

What worst is they left me out to dry saying I need a new modem and they cant do anything about it cause its out of warranty by under a month..

Teksavvy has really gone downhill, not only the support isnt as good, getting to them takes 30 -45 minutes on hold..

Any advice?

JenSuisUn
Premium Member
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON

JenSuisUn

Premium Member

Would you please post in the »/forum ··· avdirect so I may have a look at the situation.

Regards,
Martin
Robert6719
join:2010-12-30
London, ON

Robert6719 to msobon

to msobon

said by msobon See ProfileWhat worst is they left me out to dry saying I need a new modem and they cant do anything about it cause its out of warranty by under a month.
[/BQUOTE :

Same issue here. IMHO, it's TSI's job to keep firmware compatible and current. The original 1 year warranty is a manufacturer warranty for the hardware only. It's TSI's ongoing responsibility to provide firmware compatibility. My modem was in service for less than a year but TSI is still refusing to upgrade it. It's not like TSI is losing money on the sale of these units either. They are charging full retail and refusing to upgrade them. Then they make another nice tidy little profit by turning around and selling new ones at full price. I would really like to know if this is even legal.

mlord
join:2006-11-05
Kanata, ON

mlord

Wow. This is an old thread.
But just in case anyone else stumbles across it, people in Ottawa and Toronto can get their DCM-475 upgraded if they want. See this thread below:

»Upgrading Firmware on Thompson DCM475