spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

BSAFE2

@comcast.net

INFARED (IR) BLASTER

I had a Cisco box that comcast just changed for the Explorer. On the Cisco box I used an IR blaster so I can change channels without opening cabinet door.
I can not seem to get this to work with Explorer. Any suggestions on how I can make this work? Can't see the IR reader on the Explorer as it is behind the glass, so I don't know exactly where it is. Tried many spots but no luck.

wdsnls

join:2003-06-19
Palm City, FL
Shine a flashlight at an angle at the front display panel and look for a circular shape that should be the eye.

telcodad
Premium
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ
kudos:15
Click for full size
SA 4250HDC Explorer Front Panel
If it's the SA 4250HDC Explorer box that is shown on the Cable Box page on Comcast's site (»customer.comcast.com/help-and-su···-manuals), according to the front panel diagram provided in the manual (»media2.comcast.net/anon.comcasto···nual.pdf), the "IR Sensor" (arrow #5) is located just to the left of the LED Display.

BSAFE2

@comcast.net
reply to wdsnls
Have tried that. Have moved the eye over the entire glass, but no luck.

beachintech
There's sand in my tool bag
Premium
join:2008-01-06
kudos:5
said by BSAFE2 :

Have tried that. Have moved the eye over the entire glass, but no luck.

Then your IR blaster is broken or remote not programmed properly (If it's a non-comcast supplied remote).
--
Ex-Tech at the Beach.
I speak for myself, not my former employer.

cisco_g

@uu.net
the explorer is an older STB while Cisco is newer. it appears the ir blastor for your newer cisco may not be backward compatible with scientific atlanta explorer