spc
uniqs

KeysCapt

join:2001-07-11
Carson City, NV

1 edit

KeysCapt

Re: 10 Most Frequent Questions

HOW DO I GET THOSE SPINNING GLOBES, MOLECULES, etc.?

These are icons that indicate membership in special distributed computing teams at DSLR.
indicates membership of Team Discovery (United Devices & TSC)
indicates membership of Team Starfire (SETI)
indicates membership of Team Helix (Folding/Genome)
These teams provide you with ways to let your computer's unused CPU cycles work toward things like finding cures for diseases or searching for extra-terrestrials. A good starting place to learn more is the [General Distributed Computing forum]. Why not put that unproductive time to good use? It won't interfere with anything you're doing on your machine or machines. Take a look!

KeysCapt

1 edit

KeysCapt

I JUST MADE A CHANGE TO MY ________ AND IT DOESN'T SHOW!

Avatar, posting tag, premium status, etc.

This site is hosted on several different servers. Just be patient ... your changes will show up as they propagate across all the servers. Maybe tomorrow, maybe sooner.

If you've submitted a new Avatar, you will see a message like this one when it is approved:

http://www.broadbandreports.com/r0/download/248183;85d083287ae66516633fd62be8835765/whatdoesitmean.jpg

The "shift-reload" action is designed to supercede any older copies of your avatar that might be held in your cache, thereby preventing you from seeing your new one. If it doesn't work, try "CTRL-Reload".
KeysCapt

2 edits

KeysCapt

HOW CAN I MAKE MY AVATAR MOVE? WHAT ARE TOOLPOINTS? HOW CAN I GET SOME?

Please see this for latest info about avatars: »Site FAQ »How do I get an Avatar?

You can purchase tool points [here].
You can learn more about tool points [here].

KeysCapt

1 edit

KeysCapt

HOW DO I GET THAT "QUOTE" SECTION IN MY POSTS?

When you open the window, click on "Auto Quote".

This will bring in the text from the post you're responding to. You can EDIT OUT what you don't need, especially if you're replying to a long post. (Please do.)

Try this in the Dev/Null Forum ... that's what it's for.

Check out this [FAQ entry] for more info on quoting in your posts.