join:2011-04-15
Milwaukee, WI

Snuffbox to Skittles

Premium Member

to Skittles

Re: WoW drops again

said by Skittles:

said by Krisnatharok:

It's not a big issue, in the future, please identify blogs with a link, some background or situational awareness...

Not sure what exactly is hard to understand I open the post with :

From a blog I read called "In an Age", copy pasta for those that cant open:

So it stands to reason that what follows: is the copy pasta, I did not realize this was that difficult to understand.

I'm with Skittles, I had no difficulty identifying the source of his article. Validity aside, source was clear.
Snuffbox

Snuffbox

Premium Member

That being said.

Zomg, WoW lost subscriptions.

/beat dead horse.

Old news is old.

/necro

More news @ 11:00.

(That was my entire inventory.)

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI

Nightfall

MVM

said by Snuffbox:

That being said.

Zomg, WoW lost subscriptions.

/beat dead horse.

Old news is old.

/necro

More news @ 11:00.

(That was my entire inventory.)

I agree. Its not a big deal. The biggest MMO lost 1 million subs. In 2 months they will gain back 1-2 million subs.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to Snuffbox

Premium Member

to Snuffbox
said by Snuffbox:

said by Skittles:

said by Krisnatharok:

It's not a big issue, in the future, please identify blogs with a link, some background or situational awareness...

Not sure what exactly is hard to understand I open the post with :

From a blog I read called "In an Age", copy pasta for those that cant open:

So it stands to reason that what follows: is the copy pasta, I did not realize this was that difficult to understand.

I'm with Skittles, I had no difficulty identifying the source of his article. Validity aside, source was clear.

Validity aside, it is poor internet etiquette. This board supports HTML, so let's use it.

There may also be a legal issue with copy-pasting an entire article if it is copyrighted (at work and cannot check the original blog), and such posts usually will get moderated.

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium Member
Milwaukee, WI

1 edit

Snuffbox

Premium Member

said by Krisnatharok:

Validity aside, it is poor internet etiquette.

Kris, please quote my quote so no one confuses the source, this board supports HTML, so let's use it. See below.
said by Snuffbox:

Validity aside,

Skittles' post was fine, this is getting ridiculous.

How about we talk about the actual topic (WoW going F2P in 24 hours, Zomg) and stop QQing about stupid quotes.

My
said by Snuffbox:

Validity aside,

statement was expressing that whether or not the BLOG was accurate, the SOURCE of the blog was sufficiently posted.

Btw, your signature doesn't have a source.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok
said by Krisnatharok:

There may also be a legal issue with copy-pasting an entire article if it is copyrighted (at work and cannot check the original blog), and such posts usually will get moderated.

I'm Immer See Profile, and I support this message.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to Snuffbox

Premium Member

to Snuffbox
said by Snuffbox:

Skittles' post was fine, this is getting ridiculous.

How about we talk about the actual topic (WoW going F2P in 24 hours, Zomg) and stop QQing about stupid quotes.

This side-show goes to show how "valid" the original topic really is. Like you said, "OMG qq no new content subscriptions declining!"

Shall we continue thrashing the exanimate steed, or simply move along?

Skittles
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31

Skittles to Immer

Premium Member

to Immer
Oh ffs, the whole forum is predicated on the fact that most links cant be opened from work which is where a number of us make use of DSLR. How many countless threads have had comments to the effect of " please post what it said I cant open link at work".

It is ludicrus to make a statement of copyright infringment by copy and pasting from a blog, gimmie a fuckin break, this is getting stupid. I posted a copy/paste post from a source I clearly identified. I didnt post a link because a lot of folks cant open said links. You guys are nit picking for the sake of nit picking.

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium Member
Milwaukee, WI

Snuffbox

Premium Member

I agree.

DSLR is the ISFW (Is Safe For Work) WoW Forums.

He stated the source, end of argument.
Snuffbox

Snuffbox to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok
said by Krisnatharok:

This side-show goes to show how "valid" the original topic really is. Like you said, "OMG qq no new content subscriptions declining!"

Shall we continue thrashing the exanimate steed, or simply move along?

Again, you're arguing my use of "valid". I understand the confusion.

What I WAS saying is, whether or not the author of the blog's points were valid, Skittles' still appropriately posted the source.

I was NOT saying the validity of the source itself doesn't matter.

Again, I understand the confusion, but lets move on now that I've clarified twice.

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
MVM
Grand Rapids, MI

Nightfall to Skittles

MVM

to Skittles
said by Skittles:

Oh ffs, the whole forum is predicated on the fact that most links cant be opened from work which is where a number of us make use of DSLR. How many countless threads have had comments to the effect of " please post what it said I cant open link at work".

It is ludicrus to make a statement of copyright infringment by copy and pasting from a blog, gimmie a fuckin break, this is getting stupid. I posted a copy/paste post from a source I clearly identified. I didnt post a link because a lot of folks cant open said links. You guys are nit picking for the sake of nit picking.

So we shouldn't post links to information that we want to talk about anymore because a select few can't open them from work? Oh, and it wasn't clearly identified. I had no idea what it was. Clearly identifying it would have been posting the web address.

I don't think its nit picking asking a member to post a link. I also think that there is no justification for not using a link, unless you count laziness as a justification, which I do not.

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium Member
Milwaukee, WI

Snuffbox

Premium Member

This is dumb.

He stated the source.

You are a hypocrite if you criticize his not providing a link and don't get on Kris's back for having a paragraph quote from President Reagan with no SOURCE OR LINK zomg.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer to Skittles

Premium Member

to Skittles
said by Skittles:

hehe... I just want cleaner posts. I had to read your post a few times to figure out where the quote began and whether or not you had your own thoughts included in the end (couldn't rely on line spacing).

no need to get upset... either edit the post, or don't and just say "thanks, i'll do better next time... back to the OP".

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to Snuffbox

Premium Member

to Snuffbox
said by Snuffbox:

You are a hypocrite if you criticize his not providing a link and don't get on Kris's back for having a paragraph quote from President Reagan with no SOURCE OR LINK zomg.

It was *CLEARLY* Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter. Duh.
Krisnatharok

Krisnatharok to Immer

Premium Member

to Immer

hehe... I just want cleaner posts. I had to read your post a few times to figure out where the quote began and whether or not you had your own thoughts included in the end (couldn't rely on line spacing).

no need to get upset... either edit the post, or don't and just say "thanks, i'll do better next time... back to the OP".

orly?

Skittles
Premium Member

Skittles to Nightfall

Premium Member

to Nightfall
said by Nightfall:

about anymore because a select few can't open them from work? Oh, and it wasn't clearly identified. I had no idea what it was. Clearly identifying it would have been posting the web address.

I posted clearly, this is from a blog I read called In An Age. This would be akin to me saying this is from a book I read called Child of God.

You see I stated what I was posting and where it was from....clearly. Just because you are not familiar with the source does not make it valid. Just as if you were unfamiliar with the book (Child of God is a book by the author Cormac McCarthy)I just stated would not make it less of a valid book.

See statement was made, source was identified. Just because I did not provide a link that (from what I believed and still believe was a reasonable omission)many may not be able to open does not make it lass valid.
said by Nightfall:

I also think that there is no justification for not using a link, unless you count laziness as a justification, which I do not.

I am not and was not being lazy, your assumption and your lack of being able to google a source you are not familiar with seems to indicate laziness on your part.

and BTW: »en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ch ··· d_of_God

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok
you just gave me a headache...

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to Nightfall

Premium Member

to Nightfall
IMO proper forum edict would be the following
1. Link to source
2. quote tag used around copy paste material

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to Skittles

Premium Member

to Skittles
said by Skittles:

said by Nightfall:

about anymore because a select few can't open them from work? Oh, and it wasn't clearly identified. I had no idea what it was. Clearly identifying it would have been posting the web address.

I posted clearly, this is from a blog I read called In An Age. This would be akin to this is from a book I read called Child of God.

You see I stated what I was posting and wher eit was from....clearly. Just because you are not familiar with the source does not make it valid. Just as if you were unfamiliar with the book (Child of God is a book by the author Cormac McCarthy)I just stated would not make it less of a valid book.

See statement was made, source was identified. Just because I did not provide a link that (from what I believed and still believe was a reasonable omission)many may not be able to open does not make it lass valid.
said by Nightfall:

I also think that there is no justification for not using a link, unless you count laziness as a justification, which I do not.

I am not and was not being lazy, your assumption and your lack of being able to google a source you are not familiar with seems to indicate laziness on your part.

thanks for the lulz on a slow Friday!

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer to DarkLogix

Premium Member

to DarkLogix
said by DarkLogix:

1. Link to source

3. reread so you can catch a mistake and edit quickly before the system registers the edit. (I do this one a lot).

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
MVM
Grand Rapids, MI

Nightfall to Krisnatharok

MVM

to Krisnatharok
said by Krisnatharok:

said by Skittles:

said by Nightfall:

I posted clearly, this is from a blog I read called In An Age. This would be akin to this is from a book I read called Child of God.

You see I stated what I was posting and wher eit was from....clearly. Just because you are not familiar with the source does not make it valid. Just as if you were unfamiliar with the book (Child of God is a book by the author Cormac McCarthy)I just stated would not make it less of a valid book.

said by Nightfall:

Yea, I win that as well I suppose. Not going to discuss this further. Its obviously way over his comprehension level.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to Immer

Premium Member

to Immer
Or plant a bomb in your post so the guy who quotes you looks like an idiot.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok
well, why not? it's not like anyone on this forum has any real input into the numbers and what they mean for Activision or the player base... wait... where's Mongo?

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to Immer

Premium Member

to Immer
said by Immer:

said by DarkLogix:

1. Link to source

3. reread so you can catch a mistake and edit quickly before the system registers the edit. (I do this one a lot).

4. ignore 3 because a user pops up and you have to go help them instead of fixing the typo that most people can easily figure out.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

1 recommendation

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

Priorities, man.

Skittles
Premium Member

Skittles to Nightfall

Premium Member

to Nightfall
said by Nightfall:

Yea, I win that as well I suppose. Not going to discuss this further. Its obviously way over his comprehension level.

I think my comprehension level is fine, I think yours is lacking.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

Keep going...

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
MVM
Grand Rapids, MI

Nightfall to Skittles

MVM

to Skittles
said by Skittles:

said by Nightfall:

I think my comprehension level is fine, I think yours is lacking.

You "think" too much.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer to DarkLogix

Premium Member

to DarkLogix
said by DarkLogix:

said by Immer:

said by DarkLogix:

1. Link to source

4. ignore 3 because a user pops up and you have to go help them instead of fixing the typo that most people can easily figure out.

that would be rule 3a. 3b also allows you to skip 3 if the review of said post would take so long as to break the "edit quickly" clause of rule 3.

rule 4 is to run a dead thread into the /heymod zone.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

said by Immer:

that would be rule 3a. 3b also allows you to skip 3 if the review of said post would take so long as to break the "edit quickly" clause of rule 3.

Well in the case I presented the edit would be do able but the job that does the paying takes priority over the edit.