Premium Member
join:2008-04-28
Tronna

El Quintron to easy peasey

Premium Member

to easy peasey

Re: Wind Mobile wants CRTC hearing over Telus ownership

said by easy peasey :

There would be nothing to investigate. US law applies to us companies, *even* if they are only partially owned by Americans. Patriot Act applies, regardless of anything else.

You can check priv coms site for this and more info.

I'm not disputing your point, in fact what you just said there is what concerns me about, say, subbing to Verizon, or T. Mobile.

Where it may get hairy for these companies, is if all the gear is located in Canada, then which law takes precedence. Obviously we're talking theoreticals here.

easy peasey
@videotron.ca

easy peasey

Anon

said by El Quintron:

said by easy peasey :

There would be nothing to investigate. US law applies to us companies, *even* if they are only partially owned by Americans. Patriot Act applies, regardless of anything else.

You can check priv coms site for this and more info.

I'm not disputing your point, in fact what you just said there is what concerns me about, say, subbing to Verizon, or T. Mobile.

Where it may get hairy for these companies, is if all the gear is located in Canada, then which law takes precedence. Obviously we're talking theoreticals here.

Answer: Patriot Act.

This and more can be found on Priv Com.

You know... there is a reason why BC, PEI and some other prov's ended contracts with partially owned, or fully owned, american data houses with server farms in Canada.

El Quintron
Cancel Culture Ambassador
Premium Member
join:2008-04-28
Tronna

El Quintron

Premium Member

said by easy peasey :

Didn't I say that upthread?

easy peasey
@videotron.ca

easy peasey

Anon

said by El Quintron:

said by easy peasey :

Didn't I say that upthread?

Nope.
You posed a question, as shown here:
said by El Quintron:

Nothing "theoretical", and nothing "hairy", nothing "hypothetical".

Patriot Act take precedence.