Etobicoke, ON
kudos:4
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to Ott_Cable

Re: Wind Mobile wants CRTC hearing over Telus ownership

said by Ott_Cable :

With 700MHz bids coming in next year (and the less useful 2500 MHz auction to be held in 2014), should WIND actually spend that money on a court battle that can drag on for a few years with no guaranteed positive outcome or use it wisely to have a large coverage?

Arguably since the rules have been changed, WIND could do both.
--
Support Bacteria -- It's the Only Culture Some People Have

Ott_Cable

@teksavvy.com
By casting doubt on the "Canadianess" on Telus would basically limit Telus to only use "Canadian" sourced funding for their bids at least until the hearing (if there is one) is settled. On the other hand, WIND is no longer limited to where they raise their money. That's what I think WIND is up to instead of a revenge. Winning a bid have much more long term effects on capturing the mobile market than a one time suing for damages.

These bids are only part of the what needed to increase coverage. There are a lot of money needed for investments that are need to get the infrastructures etc built/deployed.

MaynardKrebs
Heave Steve, for the good of the country
Premium
join:2009-06-17
Telus wouldn't have any problem floating a bond issue (or preferred shares) in Canada.

El Quintron
I dunno, lemme check my trollodex
Premium
join:2008-04-28
Etobicoke, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to Ott_Cable
said by Ott_Cable :

By casting doubt on the "Canadianess" on Telus would basically limit Telus to only use "Canadian" sourced funding for their bids at least until the hearing (if there is one) is settled.

We can only speculate at this point, but that's a pretty good guess too.
--
Support Bacteria -- It's the Only Culture Some People Have