join:2005-02-15
Outback

1 recommendation

norwegian to Snowy

Premium Member

to Snowy

Re: Yes, I was hacked. Hard.

Off topic:

To you both deciding to post against the topic.
• First I could ask for moderation of your cause as another user here.
• Secondly, NameGame posts a lot more than most and keeps half of the conversation going, so show a little understanding for a very concerned person who posts everywhere, not just here.
• Thirdly, if you notice the first post is always a dup off the link, then the next post will be discussion. Maybe not the best, but are you then going to nail antdude See Profile for posting only links off links for topic starters? Remember these are topic starters, not an initial discussion on a posted link. On this note I did fall into your category a little till I read more, heck some even get told to go and use google - not very friendly.
• You have all been here long enough to use PM?

I'm just glad the stories are getting here for the read, however the topic is started. Maybe a discussion in these in helping plan a better site?
»Feedback
»Feedback

Snowy
Lock him up!!!
Premium Member
join:2003-04-05
Kailua, HI

Snowy

Premium Member

said by norwegian:

Off topic:...

You put a lot of effort into all that, appreciated.
Too bad it's not as factual as it might seem at a glance.
e.g.,
said by Name Game:

How @Gizmodo Got Hacked and How You Should Defend Yourself

If you follow Gizmodo on Twitter, you may have noticed our account started spewing some garbage last night. We got hacked. Here's how it happened, and some steps you can take to keep it from happening to you.

That's the 5th entry in this thread & the OP is still talking as if he experienced the event in the 1st person.
As I've mentioned earlier, if the OP can't keep his threads straight then maybe he should focus more on quality than quantity.
btw, I seldom have a problem knowing who it's about in antdude See Profile's threads.

norwegian
Premium Member
join:2005-02-15
Outback

1 edit

norwegian

Premium Member

Point taken, and guess we will have all our posts deleted shortly.

I tend to think it was the title that frustrated you both more than the content and how it was posted. You can come here hoping to help the user sort problems out, only to feel you have wasted your time?

A simple title change may of helped initially?

We all are very concerned over personal accounts being hacked and passionate to the point we jump in hoping to get the user helped as soon as possible. I'm no different and doubt anyone else here is. But PM is better than messing up what I consider a very important topic for newbies, regulars and another person wanting info or help.

Name Game
Premium Member
join:2002-07-07
Grand Rapids, MI

1 edit

Name Game to Snowy

Premium Member

to Snowy
Soo funny..I'll try to ask all the people who put out info on the net to please not do it in first person because snowy might think someone else wrote it...put it this way..if I post a link with info above it..the info came from that link..if there is additional words posted and you don't find them in the link then they are most likely mine...if you don't want to read the link..then stuff it..I could care less.

I personally read antdude's threads and links..but many time never read the entire link since hold no interest..but would be nice if more info was given in the posting.

I post stuff that interests me..if it is not your cup of tea..try another with milk.

Snowy
Lock him up!!!
Premium Member
Kailua, HI

Snowy

Premium Member

said by Name Game:

...put it this way..if I post a link with info above it..the info came from that link..if there is additional words posted and you don't find them in the link then they are most likely mine...

Oh, the name game formula for understanding who it is he refers to.
Everyone else usually uses the block quotes but you require a personal way of de-chypering who is being quoted.
Quality will always trump quantity when it comes to posting.
If you don't believe that, consider a mindless script could outpost you all day long but it couldn't match the quality of a properly block quoted post.
You're capable of showing more intelligence than a script, I don't understand your reluctance.

Name Game
Premium Member
Grand Rapids, MI

Name Game

Premium Member

You got it..hell of a lot better than having to force another member to pull up info in quotes themselves just to get the thread going and make a comment That might be even considered by some a rude.

»Facebook's Facial Recognition Draws US Senate Scrutiny

At least now you can throw out some one liners without even reading the links..but truth be know you do read links since in the past you have posted numerous time in threads with just links.

Now..in the link I have posted wxboss had to work over time just to make a comment...and you might be better at this than I..but I have no idea what wxboss is saying or posting..but seems to be OK..

Snowy
Lock him up!!!
Premium Member
Kailua, HI

Snowy

Premium Member

You can continue to blame the forums formatting of threads & keep whining that "Well Johnny does it", but I've made my point, I'm done with this thread.
Now go get the last word in, it's an expected event.

Name Game
Premium Member
Grand Rapids, MI

2 edits

Name Game

Premium Member

said by Snowy:

You can continue to blame the forums formatting of threads & keep whining that "Well Johnny does it", but I've made my point, I'm done with this thread.
Now go get the last word in, it's an expected event.

I am confused..was that your italic quote...Johnny thingie..or did you borrow it ? Got a link ?

»cameronmoll.com/archives ··· italics/

And you never really started the thread... it was about
Yes, I was hacked. Hard.

..... you just started your own posting within the thread...but for you I guess that means you are done with a thread you started.