how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Cable Fiend

join:2003-04-25
Dover Plains, NY

[OOL] SBV5222 Modem + DualBand Router= Limited connectivity

Using an SBV5222 with a new Linksys e2700 dual band router causes connectivity issues when the router is set to broadcast both the 2.4 and 5 bands.

Originally, the internet was up for about an hour and a half. The router then shut down the signal. Power cycling it didn't help.

Assuming it was the router, I switched out an e2700 for an e2500(twice) and same problem.

Setting the e2700 to 2.4 band only... brought the internet back.

Wondering what I should do? Request a more recent modem from Cablevision? or is this a case where I need to call up CV when setting up the modem/router to have the reset the "branding" on devices it connects to?

Any thoughts would be awesome.

cowbawx

join:2002-03-04
Lawrence, NY
kudos:1
There may be issues with the 5GHz band (20/40MHz freqs). Try setting both bands to ONLY 20 MHz... and see what happens. Either way, you are BETTER OFF getting a DOCSIS 3 modem!!!!

frdrizzt

join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Optimum Online

1 edit
reply to Cable Fiend
All CV will do with the router is reboot the modem & router with you - powering them both down, plug in modem until sync (4 solid green lights) then power up router.

If it's still going out after the reboot, check to see if there is a firmware update, or do a search to see if people are having the same problems with the router model.

A modem swap can't hurt, but should have absolutely nothing to do with the router. As long as the WAN port speed is set to 100 Mbps/Full Duplex or Auto-Negotiation, nothing else should matter.

limegrass69
Here's my Posting tag

join:2008-05-28
reply to Cable Fiend
You could also try moving the router a little further away from the modem, or you might have a bad Ethernet cable. Try swapping that out. Does the coax connection to the modem show any wear? Just guessing here...

Cable Fiend

join:2003-04-25
Dover Plains, NY
reply to Cable Fiend
Thank you for the suggestions. Keep them coming and I'll try it all.

cowbawx

join:2002-03-04
Lawrence, NY
kudos:1
If you don't want to waste time, private message me.