spc
Search similar:

uniqs
bonke
join:2009-08-23
Trenton, NJ

bonke

[OOL] Triple Play Promotion renewed

The last time,after the first year of the triple play promotion, I called and they renewed the triple play again (and this time giving me Starz and Encore for free). My end date is coming up again soon and I was just wondering if anyone had success in getiing it renewed multiple times and how many. Is it worth a try or is it futile?
Bob4
Account deleted
join:2012-07-22
New Jersey

Bob4

CV refused to renew my double-play promotion even once.

Pirate515
Premium Member
join:2001-01-22
Brooklyn, NY

Pirate515 to bonke

Premium Member

to bonke
It's definitely worth a try. What do you have to lose? The worst thing that will happen is that they will refuse and you'll be stuck paying full price.

IMO, your success will largely depend on what alternatives are available in your area. If FiOS is around, there's a good chance that CV will cave in and extend your promotional pricing for at least another year. However, don't lie about FiOS availability. The reps on their retention team usually type your address into the Verizon's website to verify availability and will immediately know if you are full of it.

I've heard that if you have FiOS in your area and actually place an order, you may be able to get an even better deal from CV. When you place that order, CV will get a port-out request for your OV phone number and you may get a call from their retention team asking if there's anything they can do to keep you as a customer. If you can get a better deal from CV, you can always call VZ and cancel that installation appointment. I have heard of several people who did this and on top of keeping the promotional pricing also got free DVR+, Boost+ or both for a year.

Again, except for several minutes of your time, you are not losing anything by trying. It may also help to try several times if you do not get your way the first time around. How far you get may also depend on the rep who you speak with. Some may brush you off immediately while others will listen and help.

SirQAM
@verizon.net

SirQAM

Anon

Don't forget the two satellite pay TV providers are also legit competition, if FiOS isn't available to your address.

MxxCon
join:1999-11-19
Brooklyn, NY
ARRIS TM822
Actiontec MI424WR Rev. I

MxxCon to Pirate515

to Pirate515
said by Pirate515:

It may also help to try several times if you do not get your way the first time around. How far you get may also depend on the rep who you speak with. Some may brush you off immediately while others will listen and help.

They have records of previous calls/"fishing attempts" to retentions.
But it still doesn't hurt to try. Brush up on your social engineering skills and be sure to know what you want.
Keep in mind that now CV has many more (inferior) TV packages, so if your excuse 'price is too high' they will try to downgrade your TV.
tmc8080
join:2004-04-24
Brooklyn, NY

tmc8080 to bonke

to bonke
This time around, for many customers Cv won't renew 1 year discounts. They seem to know you'll be paying a higher rate w/ Verizon since Verizon raised their rates. So you'll have to play both sides on this as you suggest- but porting your number incurs a $40 charge by one or the other company so.. if you're gonna go.. make sure you get the best deal upfront. Personally, I don't like my phone service to be a punching bag switching back and forth so I've gone 3rd party voip. You can lose access to your phone line for upto 3 days while they port it.. Go with a provider such as Ooma and you'll save in the long run.

Expect a $10-$20 savings on average from cablevision over Fios. More than that isn't possible w/o cutting back services. I cancelled video out and haven't really missed it. Single & dual play services are going to get more popular as time goes on. Many more channels are streaming on the internet.. go look for yourself! Then decide whether a $30, $50+ video subscription is worth it..

I stream ABC news on the internet, and they're nice enough to cut out the commercials for you

georgermct
PERFORMANCE
join:2000-05-12
Fairfield CT

georgermct to bonke

to bonke
All you can do is try but it didn't work for me.
I was not offered any extension.

MxxCon
join:1999-11-19
Brooklyn, NY
ARRIS TM822
Actiontec MI424WR Rev. I

MxxCon to tmc8080

to tmc8080
said by tmc8080:

but porting your number incurs a $40 charge by one or the other company so.. if you're gonna go.. make sure you get the best deal upfront. Personally, I don't like my phone service to be a punching bag switching back and forth so I've gone 3rd party voip. You can lose access to your phone line for upto 3 days while they port it.. Go with a provider such as Ooma and you'll save in the long run.

Or port your number once to Google Voice or similar service and from there it's as easy as redirecting it to wherever you want it to ring.

Using phone number attached to your provider is similar to using email attached to your ISP...If you use gmail, you can switch ISP without worrying of people not being able to reach you. Same with phone number. It's a lot more convenient to decouple these.
Bob4
Account deleted
join:2012-07-22
New Jersey

Bob4 to tmc8080

to tmc8080
said by tmc8080:

porting your number incurs a $40 charge by one or the other company

To the best of my knowledge, Verizon does not charge a porting fee.
Ricanlegend
join:2011-05-18
Bronx, NY

Ricanlegend to bonke

to bonke
Do you have a girlfriend or a friend or a family member ? If you do call them and tell them your the owner of your apartment and a new tenant is moving in he gave me all he's paper work and told me he wanted the Triple play package. You need to have hot friend or family ssn for this to work, I already done this 3 times everytime I used some else and it has worked .
frdrizzt
join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY

frdrizzt

For the record, if you want to keep the telephone number you had with Optimum Voice, a new account, especially one in a new name, is not an option.