share rss forum feed

CylonRed
Premium,MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County
reply to Lurch77

Re: 50 or 70 pint dehumidifier

said by Lurch77:

Most dehumidifiers pass the air first over the evaporator, then over the condenser. They shouldn't change the temperature of the space significantly.

Not for any that I have had and I have had to run dehumidifiers for the last 5+ years in a specific room (main room - not basement) and the temps are up by 5-7 degrees easy.
--
Brian

"It drops into your stomach like a Abrams's tank.... driven by Rosanne Barr..." A. Bourdain

Jack_in_VA
Premium
join:2007-11-26
North, VA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Millenicom
said by CylonRed:

said by Lurch77:

Most dehumidifiers pass the air first over the evaporator, then over the condenser. They shouldn't change the temperature of the space significantly.

Not for any that I have had and I have had to run dehumidifiers for the last 5+ years in a specific room (main room - not basement) and the temps are up by 5-7 degrees easy.

All you have to do is put your hand in the discharge air from the condenser to see it's warmer than room temperature which means it's warming the space.

Lurch77
Premium
join:2001-11-22
Oconto, WI
kudos:4
I did say significantly. We have one that runs in our crawlspace. It's not hot down there.

cowboyro
Premium
join:2000-10-11
Shelton, CT
said by Lurch77:

I did say significantly. We have one that runs in our crawlspace. It's not hot down there.

The crawl space is a big heat sink.