uniqs

elitefx
join:2011-02-14
London, ON

elitefx to Rayson

to Rayson

Re: Rogers New Ultimate Package

said by Rayson:

Rise time & fall time can't be zero, and so we can't get a perfect square wave.

Well, to layman like myself I find this whole issue a revelation. I'll bet 99% of Rogers Digital subscribers had no idea that they were purchasing a "simulated/representative" Digital Package. Would it have affected their decision to choose Rogers over satellite, who knows? But they should have been aware of this info when making their decision.
Is this important? It would be to me. Let the customer decide.
Thanks to all the members here that actually know about this stuff. You make this forum a great place to learn.

Pesterd
@rogers.com

Pesterd

Anon

Went from Rogers bringing higher download speeds to 'Digital vs Analog'

>_>

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
Premium Member
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON

Tx

Premium Member

said by Pesterd :

Went from Rogers bringing higher download speeds to 'Digital vs Analog'

>_>

Pissing contests and debates are the norm on these forums these days

QuantumPimp
join:2012-02-19

QuantumPimp to elitefx

to elitefx
said by elitefx:

Well, to layman like myself I find this whole issue a revelation. I'll bet 99% of Rogers Digital subscribers had no idea that they were purchasing a "simulated/representative" Digital Package. Would it have affected their decision to choose Rogers over satellite, who knows? But they should have been aware of this info when making their decision.

All digital signals are "simulated" using analog waves over a physical medium. The analog waves are measured using amplitude, phase, and frequency. This includes cable, satellite, ethernet, wireless, fibre, ... everything.

Rogers and Bell take compressed feeds from a content provider via satellite, decode, re-encode for their purposes usually compressing even more than the source feed, send to the consumer where the signal is decoded and re-formatted for display. The constant decoding, and re-encoding causes all kinds of digital artifacts that makes content look like shit ... particularly compared to a better quality source like BluRay.