uniqs

Crowbar10
join:2009-06-23
Toronto , ON

Crowbar10 to mj05

to mj05

Re: [DSL] Problems with a forum/ IP address

said by mj05:

This is what I don't understand. I am using a new email address and it doesn't help. I don't get it. I don't have a static IP.

The only way a forum can ban you is using the IP and e mail address to identify you . The forum is likely having issues causing it to be slow .
mj05
join:2008-04-02
Burlington, ON

1 edit

mj05

But it's only at a crawl, after I log in, and sometimes it won't let me log in. Without logging in, everything is super quick. I don't understand, I think it must be IP related, but then i'd think they would ban me. I don't think it's their server causing problems.

I'll attempt to leave my modem/pc off over night and see if it resets the ip.
mj05

1 edit

mj05

On 3g now, so I don't think it's the IP... still confused though, I guess they somehow are doing something to the new account, because it originated on the banned IP? So frustrating..

I successfully created a new account on 3g, and it seems to be working fine on the current IP. Either in time they will mess up that account too, or I was successful in reseting my ip by turning the modem off for an hour.

So far so good

rodjames
Premium Member
join:2010-06-19

rodjames

Premium Member

They have you throttled. It's a common tactic on modern forums to slow you down. Stop trolling next time.
mj05
Burlington, ON

mj05

lol thanks, you got it. I wasn't trolling though, just honestly broke a rule that I didn't know existed...selling something in my signature. I have somehow fixed the issue either with a different IP, or email address...not sure, but all is well.

Thanks!

rodjames
Premium Member
join:2010-06-19

rodjames

Premium Member

Yep, you have to be really careful and read the forums rules. The admins can do pretty much anything to make you go away these days.

gurney
@radio-canada.ca

gurney

Anon

Imagine that maybe they are using a cookie, so every time you show up, even with a different IP and different e-mail, they can identify you. Either that, or magic.

Crowbar10
join:2009-06-23
Toronto , ON

Crowbar10

said by gurney :

Imagine that maybe they are using a cookie, so every time you show up, even with a different IP and different e-mail, they can identify you.

LOL , cookies can be easily deleted .....
mj05
Burlington, ON

mj05 to gurney

to gurney
Nope, all is good under a different account/email/ and possibly IP... haven't had one issue since. Really appreciate all your responses though fellas. THANKS!