sammysnake
Never Forget 911
Premium
join:2002-01-19
Salt Lake City, UT
Reviews:
·Comcast Formerl..

[IE] IE8 problem using WIN7

On my wife's WIN7 Home Premium computer using IE8 when she uses Google search for anything and gets the first result page all is well until she tries to use any of the next page links, be it a page number or the "next" option at the bottom of the screen IE8 locks up and goes grey.

Any suggestions on why this is happening? This has been going now for about a month or so and I'm just finding out about it from her now. I do weekly virus and malware scans and her computer is always clean as a whistle.

Thanks for any help,

Sammy

sbconslt

join:2009-07-28
Los Angeles, CA
- Make sure any available Compatibility View updates are installed via Windows Update, and that they're enabled in Internet Options

- Uninstall any browser add-on toolbars, and if necessary, plugins; experiment with No Add-Ons mode in start > programs > accessories > system tools > internet explorer (no add-ons) to see if the issue goes away with add-ons disabled

- Make sure your other browser settings in Privacy, Zones, etc tabs in Internet Options are not otherwise somehow jacked up
--
Scott Brown Consulting

sammysnake
Never Forget 911
Premium
join:2002-01-19
Salt Lake City, UT
Reviews:
·Comcast Formerl..
After checking all of her settings, they were all correct, I tried using the no-add-ons mode and the problem is there as well but... the screen goes gray for a few seconds and then it will proceed to the page I clicked on on the bottom of the current google search page.

I'm at my wit's end.

Any other suggestions?

TYIA - Sammy

sbconslt

join:2009-07-28
Los Angeles, CA
Upgrade to IE9