share rss forum feed

Caddyroger
Premium
join:2001-06-11
To the west
Reviews:
·Comcast

[Help] trouble verifing backup

I have Acronis backup 2012 installed. Been using Acronis for years. I had a problem the other day tiring to do a restore. I got a message that the file is corrupted. I finally got it to do a restore. Today I made a new backup and when I tried to verify it came up as file corrupted.
I installed Marium reflect to try it out. Made a backup and it came back as corrupted.
Would any one have a Ideal what is happening?
--
Caddy

lordpuffer
RIP lil
Premium
join:2004-09-19
Rio Rancho, NM
kudos:2
Reviews:
·CableOne

I don't know why you are having that issue, but I had the same exact one using Acronis 2012.

Because of the exact same issue, I ditched Acronis and started using Macrium. IMO, a much better experience.
--
Obama in 2012 - There's No Tea Left In The Bag.

Caddyroger
Premium
join:2001-06-11
To the west
Reviews:
·Comcast

said by lordpuffer:

I don't know why you are having that issue, but I had the same exact one using Acronis 2012.

Because of the exact same issue, I ditched Acronis and started using Macrium. IMO, a much better experience.

I am getting the same corrupted files with Marcrum.
--
Caddy

lordpuffer
RIP lil
Premium
join:2004-09-19
Rio Rancho, NM
kudos:2
Reviews:
·CableOne

said by Caddyroger:

I am getting the same corrupted files with Marcrum.

Sorry, I missed that in your OP.
--
Obama in 2012 - There's No Tea Left In The Bag.

mmainprize

join:2001-12-06
Houghton Lake, MI
Reviews:
·Charter

1 recommendation

reply to Caddyroger

Make sure you VSS (Volume Shadow Copy) service is running, this is required to allow you to copy open file for backup. If you have database type files that are open and being updated you may find that when you verify it will never be the same as the database has changed since it was backed up.

The only way around this is to do off line backup and compares by using a boot CD to and backup the hard drive without windows running from the hard drive. Then do the verify the same way. Then it will compare and verify correctly.

I am using Acrions TI 11 Workstation and i run my backups in windows from the TI scheduler and it also validates the backups without any issues, i also have databases open. I had the same issues you had when using the Home version of TI.

Chuts

join:2006-03-01
Brandon, FL

1 recommendation

reply to Caddyroger

Could be your hard drive is starting to get bad sectors. I've found Acronis to be very sensitive to sectors starting to go bad. Try running chkdsk /r on the drive.

CylonRed
Premium,MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County
reply to Caddyroger

Ram going bad can also cause issues.