All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Zephyrus
@swbell.net

Zephyrus

Anon

[TWC] Can I run 2 TV's off one set-top box this way?

I'm going to be getting TWC soon. At the same time I'm running my main TV via the HDMI from the STB, can I have the component cables or coaxial out hooked up to a TV in another room? I realize the STB won't be controlled in the second room. Just wanting to know if 2 TV's can be operated like that simultaneously without any deleterious effect on either set's reception. As a corollary, are HDMI splitters any good for running 2 TV's? Thanks.

Jabbu
Premium Member
join:2002-03-06

Jabbu

Premium Member

Yes

antdude
Matrix Ant
Premium Member
join:2001-03-25
US

antdude to Zephyrus

Premium Member

to Zephyrus
Won't both TVs and rooms be watching the same thing?

Suit Up
join:2003-07-21
Los Angeles, CA

1 recommendation

Suit Up

Yes.

ds5v50
join:2003-01-22
Fremont, OH

ds5v50 to Zephyrus

to Zephyrus
I'm curious to see if this actually works "Use HDMI + Composite" jacks at the same time. I thought I had read that one cancels out the other. But I may be wrong.Also I wonder about the SDV also.

Suit Up
Los Angeles, CA
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter X
TP-Link Archer C7

Suit Up

said by ds5v50:

I'm curious to see if this actually works "Use HDMI + Composite" jacks at the same time. I thought I had read that one cancels out the other. But I may be wrong.Also I wonder about the SDV also.

I have run HDMI + Composite + Firewire + S-Video all at the same time in the past. No problem. This has no effect on SDV. You are watching only one thing; the same video is shown on all outputs (except S-Video is scaled down to 480i).
ddeerrff
join:2002-08-30
Brookfield, WI

ddeerrff

Think it depends on the box then. When I tried it (don't remember if it was with my current Samsung box or the one I had before that) when I connected the HDMI, the Composite output dropped out.

Suit Up
Los Angeles, CA

Suit Up

That could be. I've got Motorola boxes.

antdude
Matrix Ant
Premium Member
join:2001-03-25
US

antdude to ddeerrff

Premium Member

to ddeerrff
said by ddeerrff:

Think it depends on the box then. When I tried it (don't remember if it was with my current Samsung box or the one I had before that) when I connected the HDMI, the Composite output dropped out.

I wonder if composite dropped out for its DRM/copy protection, but then others should too.

chamberc
Premium Member
join:2008-08-05
Addison, TX

chamberc to ds5v50

Premium Member

to ds5v50
said by ds5v50:

I use it to feed my patio TV and our back living room TV just fine. Has worked on all Motorola DVR's we've had for the past 7 years.