spc
Search similar:

uniqs
bgc
join:2003-01-23
Fort Smith, AR

bgc

[CATV] Motorola DCT2500 box stopped responding to Tivo serial ca

I just noticed that my cable box (Mot DCT2500) stopped responding to the serial cable from my Tivo Series 2 DT. This has worked fine for the last few years, anyone know why this would suddenly be happening?

Thanks,
BGC
tim92078
join:2010-07-15
San Marcos, CA

tim92078

Re: [CATV] Motorola DCT2500 box stopped responding to Tivo seria

Firmware update recently on the box?
bgc
Fort Smith, AR

bgc

Don't know, not sure how to tell
tim92078
join:2010-07-15
San Marcos, CA

tim92078 to bgc

to bgc
You might be able to PM one of the Cox authorized people who might know if something like that happened in your market.

Other options... see if you can swap your DCT2500 for another one at the office.

It could be the cable, it could be the DCT2500 and it could be the TiVo. A solder joint could have disconnected anywhere in the chain and it would stop working. There should be a way to connect a PC (if it has a serial port )to the DCT2500 and fake the change channel commands.

tivocommunity.com has a forum for series 2 users that's still fairly active, you might find information there. I really don't know.
bgc
Fort Smith, AR

bgc

There could have been an update to the box. There was a msg in the latest bill that they are going to start using SDV for some channels. I'll have to move a bunch of crap to get at the box, so I'm in no hurry. I rarely record the box channels anyway, and I can just set the timer on the cable box so it changes itself to the channel if I need to record something on it.

I've got another box in the den so I can check that one but it won't matter if it was a software update.
ajwees41
Premium Member
join:2002-05-10
Omaha, NE

ajwees41

Premium Member

port could have gone bad