spc
Search similar:

uniqs
rubicon
join:2012-08-05
Pinellas Park, FL

rubicon

Constant disconnects

First my setup, BHN netgear cgd246 to Asus NT-56U router.

I am having disconnects from internet in both wireless and wired connections. This has been going on for almost a month now, have had 3 techs out, and I still am having problems. First tech replaced the modem, second tech saw the connection dropping out to nothing and said he put in a service call for outside work, 3rd tech knew nothing of the outside service call and the internet was working fine when he was here. I am supposedly on "monitoring" now but I haven't heard anything back. I still have no stable internet and its worst between 2pm-2am.

I am screwed as the only highspeed internet in my area is brighthouse, only other options are DSL.

Guide_Tim
join:2012-02-28
Taft, CA

Guide_Tim

I've had a similar issue happen to me 6 months ago. Go ask your neighbors if they are having disconnect issues if they are have them call and complain also . If its the NODE in your neighborhood they need an engineer crew to work on it
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to rubicon

Premium Member

to rubicon
said by rubicon:

First my setup, BHN netgear cgd246 to Asus NT-56U router.

I am having disconnects from internet in both wireless and wired connections. This has been going on for almost a month now, have had 3 techs out, and I still am having problems. First tech replaced the modem, second tech saw the connection dropping out to nothing and said he put in a service call for outside work, 3rd tech knew nothing of the outside service call and the internet was working fine when he was here. I am supposedly on "monitoring" now but I haven't heard anything back. I still have no stable internet and its worst between 2pm-2am.

I am screwed as the only highspeed internet in my area is brighthouse, only other options are DSL.

I have your direct forums post and will be in touch... thanks.

PattyMcK
@bhn.net

PattyMcK to rubicon

Anon

to rubicon

Re: Constant disconnects Largo, FL 33771

I have the new Ubee modem from Brighthouse and ever since it was installed, my wireless printer, smart phone & NookColor constantly lose connection to it. Everytime I need to print something I have to turn my printer off and then back on in order for it to reconnect to the wireless router. The same thing with my Nook reader, when attempting to connect, it will connect but then disconnect and I have to turn it off and back on. This never happened before they installed the new modem. Any ideas?

Guide_Tim
join:2012-02-28
Taft, CA

Guide_Tim to rubicon

to rubicon

Re: Constant disconnects

I Have 2 words for you girlfriend " Bridge Mode "
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to PattyMcK

Premium Member

to PattyMcK

Re: Constant disconnects Largo, FL 33771

said by PattyMcK :

I have the new Ubee modem from Brighthouse and ever since it was installed, my wireless printer, smart phone & NookColor constantly lose connection to it. Everytime I need to print something I have to turn my printer off and then back on in order for it to reconnect to the wireless router. The same thing with my Nook reader, when attempting to connect, it will connect but then disconnect and I have to turn it off and back on. This never happened before they installed the new modem. Any ideas?

Open a direct forums thread and I will call you tomorrow to discuss....too many dissimilar devices to guess via forums.