spc
uniqs
tmc8080
join:2004-04-24
Brooklyn, NY

tmc8080 to bonke

to bonke

Re: [OOL] Triple Play Promotion renewed

This time around, for many customers Cv won't renew 1 year discounts. They seem to know you'll be paying a higher rate w/ Verizon since Verizon raised their rates. So you'll have to play both sides on this as you suggest- but porting your number incurs a $40 charge by one or the other company so.. if you're gonna go.. make sure you get the best deal upfront. Personally, I don't like my phone service to be a punching bag switching back and forth so I've gone 3rd party voip. You can lose access to your phone line for upto 3 days while they port it.. Go with a provider such as Ooma and you'll save in the long run.

Expect a $10-$20 savings on average from cablevision over Fios. More than that isn't possible w/o cutting back services. I cancelled video out and haven't really missed it. Single & dual play services are going to get more popular as time goes on. Many more channels are streaming on the internet.. go look for yourself! Then decide whether a $30, $50+ video subscription is worth it..

I stream ABC news on the internet, and they're nice enough to cut out the commercials for you

MxxCon
join:1999-11-19
Brooklyn, NY
ARRIS TM822
Actiontec MI424WR Rev. I

MxxCon

said by tmc8080:

but porting your number incurs a $40 charge by one or the other company so.. if you're gonna go.. make sure you get the best deal upfront. Personally, I don't like my phone service to be a punching bag switching back and forth so I've gone 3rd party voip. You can lose access to your phone line for upto 3 days while they port it.. Go with a provider such as Ooma and you'll save in the long run.

Or port your number once to Google Voice or similar service and from there it's as easy as redirecting it to wherever you want it to ring.

Using phone number attached to your provider is similar to using email attached to your ISP...If you use gmail, you can switch ISP without worrying of people not being able to reach you. Same with phone number. It's a lot more convenient to decouple these.
Bob4
Account deleted
join:2012-07-22
New Jersey

Bob4 to tmc8080

to tmc8080
said by tmc8080:

porting your number incurs a $40 charge by one or the other company

To the best of my knowledge, Verizon does not charge a porting fee.