how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

knowble

join:2012-07-30
Newport News, VA

What makes YOU elite?

Let us start the week off with something fun AND egotistical at the same time! List three things you have accomplished or experienced in WoW that make (or made) you feel like you are more superior/elite/valuable/epic than other players.

Here are my three:

1. Riding around on my awesome ZG Tiger Mount! (I did get this before you could solo ZG)

2. Flipping my Dalaran Coin during raids (might not be that rare, but it still took me a long time to get)

3. Hunting down Horde players in Thunder Bluff on my rogue - then killing as many as I could before rocket-booting away and parachuting to safety!!!

I have so many more so I am sure you all do as well. Keep it to three though - I can't wait to read what everyone thinks of themselves!! Hah!

puppy

join:2010-01-28

My Tauren dance is muy sexy!

Besides that I'm an average player, hehe. I tell guildies to get out of fire while I stand there burning :P

Zyncotl
Zed X
Premium
join:2002-09-13
Wayne, MI
reply to knowble

1. I'm me

2. See #1

3. See #2.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3
reply to knowble

Walking into the stranglethorn arena and killing the other person that's there and taking the trinket. (need to do it more, only have 4 so far, need 8 more)

Last time I killed a Nelf hunter (a fellow ally)
Just hopped down LB, blastwave, impact, timewarp, fireball till dead.

Then open chest with TW still active.

Skittles
Premium
join:2011-03-31

OK lets see...

1. ICC25 man achievement mount, I know there are a lot these days but I appreciate what it meant back then.

2. Beating one of the best frost mages on our server in a duel

3. when I popped my 2K rating cherry in Arenas a few seasons back in late BC.

Ghastlyone
Premium
join:2009-01-07
Las Vegas, NV
kudos:5
reply to knowble

#1 Posting #1 in the United States on World of Logs for my class and spec.

#2 Obtaining my Bloodbathed Frostbrood back in very early ICC.

#3 Killing 25man Professor Putricide pre-buff.

wopatoolie

@sbcglobal.net
reply to knowble

1. Faction changing from Alliance to Horde

2. Getting to 174,388 honorable kills before I cancelled my account

3. Cancelling my account

I played WoW for a little over 2yrs; how or why people continue to play since vanilla is beyond me; so many bad changes would have made me quit long before now. I started with LK, a few months later Cata came out, so I was more or less a Cata nub. I actually like it. But I can't do this MoP, man. It's garbage, pure unstrained, took-a-dump-in-the-trash-can-cuz-my-toilet-was-broke-that-month garbage. So I quit. Those are my three.

knowble

Newport News, VA
reply to Skittles

I was never able to pop that cherry for myself.

Hopefully I will one day...

Bahaha

knowble

Newport News, VA
reply to Skittles

I miss dueling so much! My best friend and I frequently dueled outside of Stormwind. He a rogue, and I a paladin. Once he sapped me outside the dueling boundaries while I was looking for him (we already fought and my racial was on CD!) and he won! It was so epic. Haha.

What class were you playing when you beat this epic frost mage?

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 edit
reply to knowble

• My wife enjoys playing WoW with me... and is a top DPSer in the guild
• We get great feedback from our pugs
• If another guild needs bodies for a run, I know that any of my officers can join them on an alt and be a top performer

knowble

Newport News, VA

My girl friend wants to start playing. I might try the RaF process... does that reward her with a level 80 of her choice?

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium
join:2011-04-15
Milwaukee, WI
kudos:4
reply to wopatoolie

said by wopatoolie :

I played WoW for a little over 2yrs; how or why people continue to play since vanilla is beyond me; so many bad changes would have made me quit long before now. I started with LK, a few months later Cata came out, so I was more or less a Cata nub. I actually like it. But I can't do this MoP, man. It's garbage, pure unstrained, took-a-dump-in-the-trash-can-cuz-my-toilet-was-broke-that-month garbage. So I quit. Those are my three.

Haha, says the guy still visiting WoW Forums.

Enjoy *Insert NON-It's garbage, pure unstrained, took-a-dump-in-the-trash-can-cuz-my-toilet-was-broke-that-month garbage MMO that has 1/10th of the Subscriptions and Dies in less than three months Here* bro.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to knowble

said by knowble:

My girl friend wants to start playing. I might try the RaF process... does that reward her with a level 80 of her choice?

No. That came with the Scroll of Resurrection. RAF will allow faster leveling if you roll a new toon with her (which you should do regardless of program benefit). Congratulations... when my girlfriend started playing... I eventually married her. =)
--
Immergruen (resto/boomie) on Nathrezim Server (US)
Guild leader for Pride and Ego

Intelligence is no substitute for Character.

knowble

Newport News, VA

Haha, Immer, thanks for the congrats. I actually already bought her a ring, but not because of WoW!

I'll probably force her to play a hunter. I figured they'd be one of the easier DPS classes to play?

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
join:2009-05-14
kudos:1
reply to knowble

1. Valanyr, hammer of ancient kings (current)

2. Completed all Glory Drakes while current

3. Hand of A'dal
--
Here's the final bullet,
to put our love to death.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to knowble

said by knowble:

Haha, Immer, thanks for the congrats. I actually already bought her a ring, but not because of WoW!

I'll probably force her to play a hunter. I figured they'd be one of the easier DPS classes to play?

haha. Well, to his day, I have no idea how my wife pulls the dps she does on her hunter. I can play her toon and do fairly well, but I can't match her performance. We have built a friendship with a like-minded 10m guild on the server, also lead by a husband and wife pair. When they are both on equally geared hunters in the same raid, she out performs him. It's nutz. I know this is a small sampling, but I'm convinced that hunter just seems to fit their eye/mindset better.
--

puppy

join:2010-01-28
reply to knowble

said by knowble:

Actually I personally suck at hunters and never made one to 80. You have to control your shots, your pets and especially important know how to kite/trap/etc. People expect hunters to do a lot more than dps.

I would say choose a non-melee dps class, like mage/warlock/shaman.

Depends on your GF though. If having pet lions makes her want to play, the hunter it is! ^_^

Skittles
Premium
join:2011-03-31
reply to knowble

said by knowble:

What class were you playing when you beat this epic frost mage?

Rogue.....thats what made it sweet.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to puppy

said by puppy:

said by knowble:

Actually I personally suck at hunters and never made one to 80. You have to control your shots, your pets and especially important know how to kite/trap/etc. People expect hunters to do a lot more than dps.

People who really know the game, and don't rely on internet memes (like faceroll paladins, or 2 button mages, of the ubiquitous huntard) expect more.
--

Kilroy
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN
reply to knowble

1. 20 Level 85 toons, all classes, both factions.

2. All professions maxed out on at least one toon.

3. Over a year of actual play time.
--
Want the shirt? - »www.despair.com/thedestructor.html
Not afiliated or making any profit from sales

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
join:2009-05-14
kudos:1
reply to knowble

Can't think of a class that is really hard to play tbh.

Arcane Mage ftw?
--
Here's the final bullet,
to put our love to death.

knowble

Newport News, VA
reply to Immer

What server are you running your guild on? Silvermoon? I can imagine the other guild's GM getting flustered haha.

I took her to the gym the other week because both us played college basketball; she destroyed me at H-O-R-S-E.

pandora
Premium
join:2001-06-01
Outland
kudos:2
Reviews:
·ooma
·Google Voice
·Comcast
·Future Nine Corp..

1 recommendation

reply to knowble

said by knowble:

What makes YOU elite?

Nothing really. WoW is a recreational game. Some people take the game very seriously.

It's the unexpected or fun moments that are most enjoyable. Grinding dungeons, or power leveling professions, gets old after the 100th or 1,000th run.

Helping a guy who can only afford BC get twinked level 70 stuff, or get all his raid / dungeon achievements. THAT is personally satisfying. Seeing my kids learn about bots, cheating, how the auction house works, and to be able to apply it to life, also is nice.

Gear, achievements, whatever, all fluff to me. Whatever we have this patch, will be obsolete in a few months with the next.
--
"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use."

knowble

Newport News, VA

That is true about the gear to a certain extent. I had a grand feeling of enjoyment when I fished up my Sea Turtle and also when I won Precious' tee-shirt from ICC.

Just the other day, some healer in a random asked me "What is Best in Show?!??"

Those are the things I strive to get. They keep me coming back.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to knowble

said by knowble:

What server are you running your guild on? Silvermoon? I can imagine the other guild's GM getting flustered haha.

lol... No, I manage a guild on Nathrezim. The other guild's Officers are solid players, and we've benefited from some of their ideas also. I'm hoping we can continue to help each other out in MoP, too... we'll see.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

join:2010-05-06
Kalimdor
kudos:2
reply to knowble

I think what makes all of us "elite" is our innate ability to understand the game, how it works, and how to manipulate its happenings in a way that benefits us or our group.

Let's be honest here, it's not like any of us can run a sub-10 second 100m or solve a Rubic's Cube at the world record pace. Like pandora said, WoW is recreational, and I think it's our ability to 'get it' that makes us seemingly better than others.

I've had moments where I thought I was on top Azeroth, so to say. When I killed Archimonde while it was current comes to mind, tanking and killing Al'Akir on my mom's computer with 5fps and 200ms latency is another time that I felt pretty awesome. Hell, just yesterday I won about 10 consecutive duels on my Enhancement Shaman, which felt really really good. But none of that stuff really makes me 'elite' in the grand scheme of things, just a champion in my own mind...which is all that matters in the semi-personal world of the internet.
--
McBrain#1558 - Barbarian/Monk

“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”

knowble

Newport News, VA

said by McBrain:

But none of that stuff really makes me 'elite' in the grand scheme of things, just a champion in my own mind...which is all that matters in the semi-personal world of the internet.

Take this a little farther: Champion of our own minds, which makes us champions of everything.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to knowble

Some food for thought: »www.wowhead.com/news=205276/news···c-mounts

And, No, I will not be copy and pasting this here, I will not be screen capping it.. it's a good read, I highly recommend it... worth the 5 minutes it will take you to read before you double-click your WoW icon at home.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3

If its such a good read please post it, websense is in the way, and all the cute girls at the gym will make me forget to look it up.

Expand your moderator at work