Nick D
Premium Member
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA

Nick D to DarkLogix

Premium Member

to DarkLogix

Re: [Poll] First to MoP

Mists gems have double allocations of non-primary stats (instead of equal). That means (using the rare gem Cata scales), you'd have a choice between 40 int and 80 haste (or a 20 int/40 haste hybrid). I don't believe they're changing what stats are what colors.

The "legendary" questline appears to reward +500 primary stat gems for use in weapons from the last bosses of Heart of Fear and Terrace. WoWDB currently has the weapons listed as having a "hydraulic socket", but I'd wager that's just a data mining quirk.

EDIT: Legendary stuff from MMO:

Legendary Questline Update
After meeting Wrathion and sharing a drink with him, he gives you a quest that requires you to collect Sigil of Power x 10 and Sigil of Wisdom x 10.

When LFR opened for testing tonight, we found that Sigil of Power drops from every boss 100% of the time. It appears as a quest objective in the tooltips for most bosses in Raid Finder difficulty, but drops from all of the bosses that have been killed so far.

Earlier today, we saw that Sigil of Wisdom appeared as a quest objective on Grand Empress Shek'zeer's tooltip in 25 Man Normal Difficulty Heart of Fear. Unfortunately, no one was able to kill her to confirm that it actually drops. Keep in mind that this is beta and things can change in the future and may not be working as intended.

Once 10 of each Sigil has been collected, Warthion sends you into the Terrace of Endless Spring to defeat the Sha of Fear. Before entering the Terrace of Endless Spring, you must have completed the Heart of Fear raid. Upon defeating the Sha of Fear you will loot a Chimera of Fear from him and bring it back to Wrathion.

When the items that you collected are combined, you will be able to choose from a Crystallized Dread, Crystallized Horror, or Crystallized Terror gem. These gems are unique equipped, and go into a Sha-Touched socket in the weapons below. These weapons drop from bosses in Terrace of the Endless Spring and the last boss of Heart of Fear.

Update: It appears Accession (US-Stormreaver) was able to kill the Grand Empress Shek'zeer and confirm that a single Sigil of Wisdom dropped. The first person to loot the boss with the quest got it.

Also, don't forget that you could originally get Elementium Gem Cluster from LFR on the Patch 4.3 PTR, which turned out to be a bug. When introducing the Raid Finder, Blizzard said "Also, there are certain items, as well as components for legendary weapons, which will not drop in Raid Finder raids".

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

So in MoP instead of having a legendary weapon they're doing a legendary gem that makes the weapon awesome?

Nick D
Premium Member
Orange, CA

Nick D

Premium Member

That appears to be the case.

However, there's a theory that the legendary questline is throughout the entire expansion. e.g. you get a gem for 5.0, and the 5.1 raids continue it along and you get something else (or keep building towards a proper legendary in 5.2).

That's all speculation though.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

said by Nick D:

That appears to be the case.

However, there's a theory that the legendary questline is throughout the entire expansion. e.g. you get a gem for 5.0, and the 5.1 raids continue it along and you get something else (or keep building towards a proper legendary in 5.2).

That's all speculation though.

But if that's the case then will it be possible to UN-socket the special gem?

Or some quest to exchange the weapon to get the gem back?

Nick D
Premium Member
Orange, CA

Nick D

Premium Member

Nooooo idea, but I'd wager they just do it as a quest chain: have to complete the gem quest to continue on.

I'd anticipate you end up gemming the weapon you think will be BiS given your progression. If you're killing heroic Terrace, you wait til then. If you think the best you get before t15 is normal mode, then that. If you're an LFR ranger, then you slot in that sucker.

But then again, LFR rangers probably won't get the legendary thing (even if its enabled for testing). The fancy part is that while one piece does drop in LFR right now, the other piece only drops off 25 man Heart of Fear (last boss). So maybe they're going back to 25-man-or-bust for legendaries?

Ahhh beta

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Well I'm really hoping the current guild levels fast and gets into MoP fast.

I really want a shot at doing heroic stuff pre-nerf and such.

JB9
Stay Gold
Premium Member
join:2009-05-14

JB9 to Nick D

Premium Member

to Nick D
said by Nick D:

So maybe they're going back to 25-man-or-bust for legendaries?

Sure hope so.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

said by JB9:

said by Nick D:

Sure hope so.

I have mixed feelings

1. the guild I'm in right now just doesn't have hte people on for 25-mans

2. I just changed guilds so I guess if I need to change again then so be it, though next time I think it'll have to be xfering

btw any word on the effect of xfering on the staff quest?

bTU
join:2009-04-22
Aurora, CO

bTU to JB9

to JB9
said by JB9:

said by Nick D:

Sure hope so.

That would just be fucking retarded if they did. I hated that whole thing in BC and Wrath that you had to be in a 25 man raiding guild to see certain things, or get better gear. Just because someone is in a guild with less people in it doesn't mean they should be left at the wayside for legendaries if they and the guild they are in have the skill to raid but not the people for 25's.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

said by bTU:

said by JB9:

said by Nick D:

Sure hope so.

That would just be fucking retarded if they did. I hated that whole thing in BC and Wrath that you had to be in a 25 man raiding guild to see certain things, or get better gear. Just because someone is in a guild with less people in it doesn't mean they should be left at the wayside for legendaries if they and the guild they are in have the skill to raid but not the people for 25's.

Ya

then again its annoying when you have to have a sub-optimal group and that happens easily in 10man.

bTU
join:2009-04-22
Aurora, CO

bTU

That's actually what can make being in a 10 man guild harder. No class and spec stacking for all optimal buffs and no stacking the FOTM class whether for tanks, DPS or heals.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Ya last week we didn't have a druid and only one pali.

So only 1 of those 2 buffs.

then we didn't have the 5% haste buff

On the upside the lock game me DI.

Still we were able to do a full clear with 3 heroics, seems normally they have a 3rd healer with MS DPS so they opted not to do warlord on heroic.

And I'm so far still hopeful than come MoP we'll be able to jump into it.

BTW any word on Xrealm raiding DS when MoP hits?
It'd still be nice to finish out DS-heroic for the achev and maybe do the meta.

JB9
Stay Gold
Premium Member

JB9 to bTU

Premium Member

to bTU
said by bTU:

That's actually what can make being in a 10 man guild harder. No class and spec stacking for all optimal buffs and no stacking the FOTM class whether for tanks, DPS or heals.

Because you can't do that in 10man

Nick D
Premium Member
Orange, CA

Nick D to DarkLogix

Premium Member

to DarkLogix
I'm hoping they allow cross-real DS in 5.0 (as in the expansion pre-patch). I'm sure they'll continue the trend of "everything but current tier".
Nick D

Nick D to JB9

Premium Member

to JB9
Compromise JB: legendaries for 25 man, same gear otherwise?

That might be where it's heading. Keeps the legendary pool for dedicated guilds, and a much better incentive to raid 25s than a few more valor points.

JB9
Stay Gold
Premium Member

JB9

Premium Member

I didn't say anything about 10v25m gear. That being the same is fine. 25man only legendaries would definitely give guilds a reason to run 25s again, currently there really is no reason not to LoLsteamroll10mans.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to Nick D

Premium Member

to Nick D
said by Nick D:

Compromise JB: legendaries for 25 man, same gear otherwise?

That might be where it's heading. Keeps the legendary pool for dedicated guilds, and a much better incentive to raid 25s than a few more valor points.

If they do that I'm gonna have to get a new guild again, and I had just found one that raids at a time that's good for me.

But I bet its just loot tables aren't final

Nick D
Premium Member
Orange, CA

Nick D to JB9

Premium Member

to JB9
Just clarifying.

It's a pretty reasonable solution. Though it does depend on the nature of the legendary.

"Hey I'ma join a 25 man guild as a warrior because I can help a dude get a caster staff!" -that won't fly

"Hey I'ma join a 25 man guild as a warrior because everyone gets a legendary gem that gives them +500 primary stat!" -there's a good incentive

I suppose calling it a legendary at this point becomes silly. Let's go with the new "elite" moniker that they're using for doing a fight the extra hard way.

Have elite tags been discussed on this site? I forget.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
join:2010-05-06
Marietta, GA

McBrain to DarkLogix

to DarkLogix
said by DarkLogix:

Last week I did a DS 10, this was the make-up:

Warrior Tank
Rogue
Hunter x2 (both sucked nuts and used cats)
Enh Shaman (me)
Frost DK
Warlock
Resto Shaman
Disc Priest
Holy Priest

Talk about lack of buffs...

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to Nick D

Premium Member

to Nick D
If the drop rate is 100% and you just need 10 of each that doesn't sound legendary.

Sounds more like ok run this for 10weeks and you'll have your thing if your guild picks you first, then 10 more weeks and #2 gets it.

IMO that's just crap. and sounds like the road to legendaries for everyone.
DarkLogix

DarkLogix to McBrain

Premium Member

to McBrain
said by McBrain:

said by DarkLogix:

Last week I did a DS 10, this was the make-up:

Warrior Tank
Rogue
Hunter x2 (both sucked nuts and used cats)
Enh Shaman (me)
Frost DK
Warlock
Resto Shaman
Disc Priest
Holy Priest

Talk about lack of buffs...

Ya, in 25 you'd assume you'll have everything but in 10man you have to be careful to get everything.

BTW I still don't get whats up with Pali's almost every time that I'm in a raid with more than 2 (sometimes even with 2) they put on the same aura, and its like they don't even try

Nick D
Premium Member
Orange, CA

1 edit

Nick D to McBrain

Premium Member

to McBrain
Every goddamn hunter who pugs and doesn't have a Dragonhawk/Wind Serpent makes me so sad.

Stable should be:
Cat for soloing/5 mans (because really when was the last time you raided without a DK, warrior, or shaman?)
Wolf (which seems to not make the cut in most of my groups; lots o' fury warriors, ferals, and ele shamans. Even the occasional sub rogue)
Dragonhawk/Wind Serpent (because no rogues play mut, only a few moonkins, and warlocks are still the least played class)
Ravager (rogues and frost DKs are more plentiful than above)
Whatever for the 5th (best is probably Raptor for sunder, but I end up in groups with a lot of warriors and cats. Hyena if you're really hard up for bleeds and your rogues cry. Otherwise, a tank pet is just fine, or whatever you find prettiest)

EDIT:

The missing buffs in that group are Stats (the big one, I'd admit), 5% crit (unless rogue was sub), 3% damage, and Replen (unless warlock was destro). Hunters can solve the first three (though admittedly only by being BM). So it really wasn't TOO bad.
Nick D

1 edit

Nick D to DarkLogix

Premium Member

to DarkLogix
That's my point. The only way 25 mans work is to have better items in them. It's why they worked in Wrath. It doesn't need to be literally EVERYTHING, but if you say "you only get your BiS weapon, which is a legendary elite, from consistently raiding 25 man", you will have a lot more people willing to handle the organizational restrictions involved in getting those groups/guilds together.

Still all speculation. Drops in beta are probably all whacky to ensure the quests get tested, or just to get feedback on possible situations.
JoelC707
Premium Member
join:2002-07-09
Lanett, AL

JoelC707 to DarkLogix

Premium Member

to DarkLogix
said by DarkLogix:

BTW I still don't get whats up with Pali's almost every time that I'm in a raid with more than 2 (sometimes even with 2) they put on the same aura, and its like they don't even try

Maybe it's because my pally was the last 85 and I'm trying to be, oh I dunno, good at him; I seem to be one of the few that don't do this. When I hop in an LFR I usually start cycling thorough my auras (excluding crusader lol) to see when I actually get a new one to show up. When I do I know I found one every other pally isn't using lol. If they're magically all covered I'll usually just go back to ret aura. I'm sure there's some addon that can tell me what pally is using what aura but alas it's just as easy to cycle through them.

What I hate the most are the asshole hunters who leave pack on during Hagra. It sucks on her lightning phase -_-

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
Marietta, GA

McBrain to Nick D

to Nick D
Rogue was Combat and Warlock was Affliction.

It was bad. Lol.

That being said, my Enhancement Shaman is a damn beast. I am very hard pressed to find ANYONE who can out dps him that isn't nearly full heroic geared, and he is at ilvl393...I know it is the end of the expac and all and people aren't trying hard, but I am loving the state that this guy is in PvE-wise. Now if Blizzard could just somehow equivocate that to PvP I'd be all set.
Vinceruos_t
join:2012-05-04

Vinceruos_t to JB9

to JB9
"currently there really is no reason not to LoLsteamroll10mans."

I am not sure what you are talking about. 25 man is wayyyyyyyyyyyy easier then 10 man is by a pretty large amount for several reasons. The only thing that makes 25 man "harder" is that its more of a pain to find get the logistics down of getting 25 people on at the same time. And yes I have done both 10 and 25 man for every raid this expac.

JB9
Stay Gold
Premium Member

JB9

Premium Member

said by Vinceruos_t:

"currently there really is no reason not to LoLsteamroll10mans."

I am not sure what you are talking about. 25 man is wayyyyyyyyyyyy easier then 10 man is by a pretty large amount for several reasons. The only thing that makes 25 man "harder" is that its more of a pain to find get the logistics down of getting 25 people on at the same time. And yes I have done both 10 and 25 man for every raid this expac.

Me too, and I've done 8/8H DS and H FL on both of them. The one fight I can think of in H DS that is 'harder' on 10man is a melee heavy gunship comp. First time we had an all ranged group comp it was a 1 shot, next time we had 3melee/2ranged it took us a handful of attempts, but still easily doable. H Hagara is about the same after seeing the fight more than once in 10man, but the strats for that fight are much simpler in 25m.

Treebark
Premium Member
join:2010-03-04
Havelock, NC

Treebark to Vinceruos_t

Premium Member

to Vinceruos_t
I dont know, 10 mans, you can only have a few fuck ups, 25 mans, so many people can still carry. Couldnt in the start but got easier for 10 mans. 25 mans are still more epic unless the 10 man is a close group.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
Marietta, GA

McBrain to JB9

to JB9
I agree that H Hagara is much easier with 25 people.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer to JoelC707

Premium Member

to JoelC707
said by JoelC707:

What I hate the most are the asshole hunters who leave pack on during Hagra. It sucks on her lightning phase -_-

should be easy to fix in a normal raid. Heck, the last hunter that did that in LFR got FLAMED hard core.
« MoPBoA Gear »
page: 1 · 2 · next
This is a sub-selection from [Poll] First to MoP