All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

newtread
@windstream.net

newtread

Anon

[Tomato] I want to redirect all wireless traffic to a custome ad

I am using a Linksys WRT54GL running tomato 1.28. I want to redirect all wireless traffic to my website. I want the lan to function normally. Is this possible?

I can redirect both wlan and lan using address=/#/192.168.1.116
How can I restrict it to wireless only?
Also is it possible to redirect to a url instead of an ip ex. address=/#/mysite.com/index2.html

Thank you!
newtread

newtread

Anon

Re: [Tomato] I want to redirect all wireless traffic to a custom

bump. I still need help
thanks.
scubascythan
join:2005-05-14

scubascythan

Set up 2 VLAN's, one for wired one for wireless.

Bind all the wired ports to vlan1 and eth1 to vlan2.
Let vlan1 operate normally, set up your redirection rules to vlan2.

Vanilla tomato doesn't include VLAN's. Need a forked tomato mod, I'd recommend Toastman's mod; Victek mod website is down.

I don't know how to redirect to url but I'm pretty sure it's possible.
ipv6huh
join:2012-06-26

ipv6huh to newtread

to newtread
The router alone can't do it...
What you're trying to do is commonly referred to as "captive portal" to redirect users on the network to your webpage.

There is a page on DD-WRT (an alternative firmware like Tomato) that implies you can do it: »www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/inde ··· e_Portal ...but I don't like being dependent on a 3rd party service - and I'm not about to start coding someone else's sourceforge project that they'll abandon next week.

If you want to spend all day building something from scratch on Linux look here: »en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ca ··· e_portal

If you want something that runs on a Windows I'd suggest »dnsredirector.com and you can be up and running in 30min.

The suggestion to separate your internal LAN (wired clients) from the wireless LAN (guest's) using VLANs is spot-on... for security reasons... you don't want foreign guest computers to come with viruses or other nonsense and then get into your internal network - do you?

newtread
@windstream.net

newtread to newtread

Anon

to newtread
Thank you. I will look into vlans.