spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Aprox

@citicorp.com

Anyone using Fioptics TV on their PC/laptop via VLC?

So as Fioptics uses IPTV technology, one can get the streams on PC if the PC is on the same network. I have searched all over the net but am still unable to make it work. I have used softwares such as DVBlink for IPTV and VLC player but had no luck.

Anyone successfully got this working? Any ideas?
CVGNet

join:2012-04-10
Cincinnati, OH

1 edit

Re: Anyone using Fioptics TV on their PC/laptop via VLC?

The Fioptics basic tier channels are distributed clear but others are scrambled. PM me if you want a URL to try in VLC for (say) Channel 5.
aproxymate

join:2012-08-07
Milford, OH

Hi CelticComms. I had to create an account to PM you and its a bit different from the id above. Do reply whenever you get time.

DeathK
Premium
join:2002-06-16
Cincinnati, OH

Fioptics FTTH Equipment
FYI, this would only be possible with the xDSL "Fioptics" FTTN product. The straight fiber-to-the-home installation has a piece of hardware that splits the video signal off to coax before the phone and data signals are distributed. I've circled it in the image above.

--
Photos By Greg Strong
aproxymate

Milford, OH

Hi DeathK,

To be honest, I am not really familiar with this setup. I have fioptics internet and tv in my apartment and my setup is as follows:

1. Central router/hub which is connected to the phone line. Provides wireless internet and has ethernet ports.
2. One of those ports has a cable going to my laptop.
3. Another one has a cable going to an access point which connects another access point wirelessly.
4. That another access point connects the STB (ZTE IPTV STB is ZXV10 B700 V3) via ethernet cable.

Not sure where this equipment is present.Have you had any luck with streaming?

DeathK
Premium
join:2002-06-16
Cincinnati, OH

My post wasn't necessarily directed toward you apoxymate (I had figured you probably have FTTN based on the info you gave in your original post), rather it was more general information for others who may view this thread and are wanting to try the same thing.

Good luck!
--
Photos By Greg Strong
CVGNet

Cincinnati, OH
The ZXV10 B700 V3 STB does use multicast and VLC can pick up the clear channels - see PM for a couple of initial URLs to try.
aproxymate

Milford, OH

CelticComms,

Your help is much appreciated. Will update if that url worked for me. Also, what tool are you using to get the url? It will be much helpful if you could provide the name and/or tutorial to do the same. Thanks.
CVGNet

Cincinnati, OH

There are a bunch of the rtp URLs here:

»plus.google.com/u/0/102682386710···tbsMRYp6