MVM

Found one for Center City Philadelphia:

»xfinityhd800s.com/pdf/PH ··· LLY1.pdf

Dan A
join:2008-01-03
Kendall Park, NJ

1 edit

Dan A

I have posted all the Philly Area PA lineups from i the directory page where i found the NJ lineups. In another thread. A Link to the New Castle lineup has beed posted by someone in this thread. They are all found here.

»www.xfinityhd800s.com/pdf/

mikedz4
join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV

mikedz4 to Dan A

to Dan A
thank you so much. Comcast wouldn't mail me the lineups for center city philadelphia or valley forge so this saves another postage stamp.
mikedz4

mikedz4 to Dan A

to Dan A
So when exactly is the pac 12 network supposed to be added and when is espn goal line supposed to be added?

Dan A
Kendall Park, NJ

Dan A

Whatever day it says the new line up is effective. It is 8/17 for us in Central NJ. I have seen the date as 8/24 or 8/30 on some of the other area lineups Comcast has posted on this list.

J Jefferson
@comcast.net

J Jefferson

Anon

The rest of PA are being put up 1 at a time right now!!, they should all be up for the Entire Freedom Region By tonight!!!, There being set up right now, because certain newspapers will run an advertisement warning that the changes are upcoming and do not want their customers to freak out, but this is no big deal for us regulars here because i told you all this was coming a few years ago!!

Mike Wolf
join:2009-05-24
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf

»New Philly Area PA August 2012 Comcast lineups

mikedz4
join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV

mikedz4 to J Jefferson

to J Jefferson
when will the keystone region be added?

bohratom
My Jersey Giants finally winning again..
join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ

bohratom to Dan A

to Dan A
Thanks for list....

Steely
I rise when the sun goes down
Premium Member
join:2000-10-15
Princeton Junction, NJ

Steely to Dan A

Premium Member

to Dan A
Thanks for posting.

Just wanted to point out that many of the file names are misleading. For example, my area, Comcast of Central New Jersey - Mercer County, is here: »www.xfinityhd800s.com/pd ··· HILA.pdf
The file name "CENTRALPHILA.pdf" implies Central Philadelphia, which it's clearly not!

The file "CENTRALNY.pdf" is not for Central New York. It's for the following municipalities within Middlesex County, NJ (Comcast of Central New Jersey - Middlesex):

Cranbury
East Brunswick
Helmetta
Jamesburg
Monroe
Plainsboro
Roosevelt
South Brunswick
Spotswood

What genius named these files?

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

I had the same initial reaction when I first saw those 2 filenames, but when I opened and compared them, I realized that the "CENTRALPHILA.pdf" file is for the towns in the Mercer County part of the Comcast of Central New Jersey system that are in the Philadelphia DMA (and whose local channels are from that market) and the "CENTRALNY.pdf" file is for the towns, as you listed, in the Middllesex County part that are in the NYC DMA (and therefore their local channels are from the NYC market).

Dan A
Kendall Park, NJ

Dan A

said by telcodad:

I had the same initial reaction when I first saw those 2 filenames, but when I opened and compared them, I realized that the "CENTRALPHILA.pdf" file is for the towns in the Mercer County part of the Comcast of Central New Jersey system that are in the Philadelphia DMA (and whose local channels are from that market) and the "CENTRALNY.pdf" file is for the towns, as you listed, in the Middllesex County part that are in the NYC DMA (and therefore their local channels are from the NYC market).

Both Comcast of Central NJ markets get most of the local channels from the other.
Currently the the technically Out of Market SD feeds of NBC WNBC or WCAU 253,CW (WPIX or WPSG) 254, MY (WWOR or WPHL)255 and CBS (WCBS or KYW) 256 however Middlesex does not get WFMZ they also get different ION affiliates. Also Middelsex will will get WLNY in both SD&HD on 8/17 but not Mercer.

Middelesex will have the Philly HD channels in the 900s (903-911) and Mercer will have NYC HD in the 900 range (902-911).
Dan A

Dan A to Steely

to Steely
They should have named the files EASTBRUNSWICK.pdf(Middlesex) EASTWINDSOR.pdf(MERCER)

telcodad
MVM
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad to Dan A

MVM

to Dan A
said by Dan A:

Middelesex will have the Philly HD channels in the 900s (903-911) and Mercer will have NYC HD in the 900 range (902-911).

Yes, it was the local HD channels in the 900s that I was referring to.

I think these files might be not have been created/named for direct (customer) use, but were only intended be used as part of another application, which can (sort of) be seen if you just use the URL »www.xfinityhd800s.com/
telcodad

telcodad to Dan A

MVM

to Dan A
said by Dan A:

They should have named the files EASTBRUNSWICK.pdf(Middlesex) EASTWINDSOR.pdf(MERCER)

Or maybe "CENTRALMERCER.pdf" and "CENTRALMIDDLESEX.pdf" (or just "CENTRALMERCR.pdf" and "CENTRALMDLSX.pdf" if the names were limited to 12 characters or less).

Dan A
Kendall Park, NJ

4 edits

Dan A to telcodad

to telcodad
the address of the link page to
»www.xfinityhd800s.com/pd ··· ALNY.pdf
address is printed at the bottom of the abridged print version of the new lineup Comcast mailed us a few weeks ago. and I posted in another thread. "current channel lineup is available at »www.xfinityhd800s.com/centralny"
»Comcast Central NJ Middlesex Lineup with Philly HD & WLNY

telcodad
MVM
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

OK, on the bottom of that "HD Channels are moving up" printed insert that we received here in Monmouth County, it just says "A current channel lineup is always available at www.comcast.com."

However, if I go to www.xfinityhd800s.com/monmouth and then click on the "View New Channel Lineup" button, it does then display the MONMOUTH.pdf file at »www.xfinityhd800s.com/pd ··· OUTH.pdf

So then, customers WILL be using those misleading filenames afterall, when entering those bottom-of-the-page URLs in an internet browser.

Dan A
Kendall Park, NJ

Dan A

Correction the mailing has the address main page for that area that has a link to the corresponding pdf "current channel lineup is available at www.xfinityhd800s.com/centralny "

bubba555
@comcast.net

bubba555

Anon

As always, Comcast NorthWest NJ is screwed. Nothing new, thanks for nothing!

Mike Wolf
join:2009-05-24
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf

But you guys have the scenery. My gosh if I lived in Oregon or Washington State, I'd just look out the windows at the forests all day

Dan A
Kendall Park, NJ

1 edit

Dan A to bubba555

to bubba555
Northwest caries WCAU, KYW, WTXF, WFMZ in the 250s but is not adding them in HD in the 900 range like they are here in Central NJ/Middlesex (except for WFMZ). No WPVI, WHYY, WPSG or WPHL at all and WLVT sub channels but no sign WLVT it's self. Very strange lineup.

gwilliam
join:2010-03-20

gwilliam to Dan A

to Dan A
What I don't understand is that why doesn't Monmouth County have any Philly local channels but parts of Middlesex County will soon have them in HD even though they are further north and a lot closer to New York City than Monmouth County. That doesn't make any sense.

Dan A
Kendall Park, NJ

4 edits

Dan A

Only if you look at Staten Island as New York City and technically it is. The Comcast sections of Middlesex closets to Staten Island such as Perth Amboy and Woodbridge are on the Union/New Jersey system with no Philly stations. It can also be pointed out that parts of Monmouth county have a clear view of Manhattan Skyline. It think it has also been argued that Cranbury and parts of Plainsboro are closer to Phillladephia then they are to Manhattan.
dyhrdmet
join:2008-10-25
Springfield, NJ

dyhrdmet to Dan A

to Dan A
I got a voicemail today from Comcast telling me about the upcoming changes. I guess it's a big deal to them.

Dan A
Kendall Park, NJ

2 edits

Dan A

Going through ClearQAM channels here on Comcast of Central New Jersey Middlsex because My brother in Nevada was using the cable box to watch the WCBS-TV Jets game trough Sling Box. I stumbled upon CSY NY on WLNY SD on 88-11. I made sure sure this was not duplicate KYW on 256-1. I remapped an now have WLNY HD on 55-1. As far as i can tell checking the two the future locations for WLNY it has not been mapped to the boxes yet. 10 is still the TV Guide Channel and 810 still unmapped.
shades
join:2001-06-26
Williamstown, NJ

shades to Dan A

to Dan A
i thought every HD channel was supposed to go to the 1000s

Dan A
Kendall Park, NJ

2 edits

Dan A

WLNY licensed in Riverhead, NY (out is Suffolk County) is considered a "in market Local station" so it will be in the low 800's on 810 in HD and Channel 10 in SD. The fact that it was recently purchased by CBS and is now part a of a new Duopoly with WCBS-TV has a lot to do with it. Comcast was a bit generous with channel position.