uniqs

Thane_Bitter
Inquire within
Premium Member
join:2005-01-20

Thane_Bitter to BliZZardX

Premium Member

to BliZZardX

Re: [Internet] Service outage downtown toronto?

According to Bell's status page
»internet.bell.ca/index.c ··· cestatus
"Customers in the following areas may be experiencing service interruptions:
•Ajax
•Montreal
•Plaisance
•Richmond Hill
•Verdun
•Stouffville
•Toronto
•Barrie

We apologize for any inconvenience."

BliZZardX
Premium Member
join:2002-08-18
Toronto, ON
·Bell Fibe Internet

BliZZardX

Premium Member

I thought they changed my DSLAM or something, I even plugged my Sagemcom back in but it still wouldn't sync.

I checked Bell's status page and Toronto wasn't listed, they must have updated it hours later.

When I called in someone wrote a note that it should be fixed by 11pm. I dunno if it came back at exactly that time but I just woke up in the middle of the night (now 03:30) and everything is working again ... glad to know it wasn't just me. Wonder what happened.

sys0
@supralink.com

sys0

Anon

still down here in mississauga.

Torontonian
@74.198.9.x

Torontonian to BliZZardX

Anon

to BliZZardX
Still out here.. WTF.

BliZZardX
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

BliZZardX

Premium Member

You guys might have another issue? are your lines normally stable? I had over 2 months uptime until last night

Thane_Bitter
Inquire within
Premium Member
join:2005-01-20

Thane_Bitter to BliZZardX

Premium Member

to BliZZardX
It's not a very informative page, I believe someone (an employee of Bell or one of its subcontractors) must input the areas which are experiencing issues; it is not automated and probably is filled out based on the number of irate customers calling in seeking help & resolution.

I agree with you, it would be nice if they could convey useful knowledge and information rather than the endless platitude of apologies and regrets.

They might as well dump all front row CSR and have EMILY say “I am sorry, I am not programmed to respond to that inquiry”.

Torontonian
@74.198.9.x

Torontonian

Anon

I managed to get some answers from Bell tech support overnight without giving a phone number.. They verified service outages "in the 416" (the guy was in India for sure, the communication level was so bad I had to ask to speak with another rep - who ended up being equally as terrible), then again in another conversation this morning, the woman I was speaking with said some lines were down because of a storm, and that is what was is causing outages around the Provence (sounds like a dismissive excuse to get customers off the phone IMO).

Also, I spoke with TekSavvy around noon today.. Apparently most of their issues had to do with a password reset at one of the connection hubs (or something like that.. I don't know how this stuff works) which resulted in customers DSL light to be on, but no data flow.

I was told that issue was resolved early this morning, requiring customers to simply re-enter their username and password in the modem menu to get back online.

Unfortunately this did not fix my issue, and my service is still down... And considering my DSL light is on, Bell lines being down could not be my issue either.

That being said, the issue is definitely on the Bell end of things.. And the way things work, TekSavvy is at the mercy of Bell in terms of there is nothing TekSavvy can do but wait for Bell to fix the problem.. so anyone hating on TekSavvy right now should pull their head out of the sand and look at what is really going on.

Also, I would like to report that though sometimes it takes a while to get through to TekSavvy support, my conversations have always been at a very high level of communication, with a person who is both informed, and cares about helping customers.

The wait times are just a result of TekSavvy having so many new customers (people like myself who were tired of getting price gauged by Bell or Rogers), and they are having a tough time keeping up..

I advise anyone reading this to really think twice before believing the bad reviews about TekSavvy that have been going up on the web.. Chances are Rogers and Bell are paying someone to write them.

BliZZardX
Premium Member
Toronto, ON
·Bell Fibe Internet

BliZZardX

Premium Member

I got a call back from the Test Centre this afternoon. They asked me if my connection was back up so they can close the ticket, and I said yes it's working fine now. He said weird because its showing down on his end. WTF? Anyway I asked what caused the outage, and he couldn't answer. Totally clueless. There's really bad internal communication at Bell.

yyzlhr
@rogers.com

yyzlhr to Torontonian

Anon

to Torontonian
said by Torontonian :

I advise anyone reading this to really think twice before believing the bad reviews about TekSavvy that have been going up on the web.. Chances are Rogers and Bell are paying someone to write them.

Relax. Bell and Rogers do not pay people to write any sort of reviews.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

Bell just died here, just east of downtown...

Still have sync, have an IP, but nothing works. I reconnect and same thing.

Other ISP login works, thank god.

ajhaji
Premium Member
join:2002-03-02
Etobicoke, ON

ajhaji

Premium Member

My Bell connection is doing the exact same thing. It seems to be stabilizing now...

Anonu
@wind.ca

Anonu to HiVolt

Anon

to HiVolt
Same thing just happened where I am. Markham. Rebooted the POS sagemcom modem, synced have an ip but very few sites work.
Kraftyy
join:2010-06-19
Burlington, ON

Kraftyy to ajhaji

to ajhaji
My bell inet just went down 30 minutes ago same thing as you guys except I'm east hamilton rosedale area

Nagilum
@bell.ca

Nagilum to ajhaji

Anon

to ajhaji
It looks like Bell's Torix link went down. This is a trace route during the downtime:

Tracing route to google-public-dns-a.google.com [8.8.8.8]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms cog-1-2-12-12.attalascom.net [12.12.2.1]
2 50 ms 47 ms 48 ms lns1-kitchener06_lo0_SYMP.net.bell.ca [64.230.199.22]
3 45 ms 44 ms 47 ms dis9-kitchener06_GE12-1-0_101.net.bell.ca [64.230.157.53]
4 46 ms 45 ms 47 ms core4-kitchener06_POS10-0-0.net.bell.ca [64.230.158.133]
5 59 ms 60 ms 58 ms core4-toronto21_pos0-0-2-0.net.bell.ca [64.230.48.96]
6 60 ms 60 ms 58 ms Ncore4-montreal02_POS0-12-0-0.net.bell.ca [64.230.147.121]
7 59 ms 56 ms 58 ms core1-quebec14_pos0-15-0-0.net.bell.ca [64.230.32.74]
8 57 ms 58 ms 58 ms dis17-quebec14_5-0-0.net.bell.ca [64.230.87.245]
9 * 68 ms * 69.156.255.222
10 * * 75 ms 172.16.244.120
11 * 76 ms * 216.113.13.33
12 * * * Request timed out.
13 * * * Request timed out.
14 * * 196 ms 72.14.214.126
15 * * * Request timed out.
16 * * * Request timed out.
17 * * * Request timed out.
18 * * * Request timed out.
19 * 140 ms * google-public-dns-a.google.com [8.8.8.8]
20 * * * Request timed out.
21 * * * Request timed out.
22 * * * Request timed out.
23 172 ms * * google-public-dns-a.google.com [8.8.8.8]
24 * * * Request timed out.
25 191 ms 192 ms * google-public-dns-a.google.com [8.8.8.8]
26 * * * Request timed out.
27 * * 193 ms google-public-dns-a.google.com [8.8.8.8]

Edit: Looks like the Toronto link is back up.

Tracing route to google-public-dns-a.google.com [8.8.8.8]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 3 ms 1 ms