uniqs
share rss forum feed

Xstar_Lumini

join:2008-12-14
Canada
kudos:2
reply to dave

Re: [Rant] Another Useless Car "Feature".... Heated St

My problen with these gimmicks is that it makes the vehicle more complicated and prone to fail, costing me more money in maintenance but you are right, when you are a pompous douchebag owner of a BMW you will never get your hands greasy or care how much money a shop chages so its okay.

CylonRed
Premium,MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County

1 recommendation

Wow - you are a load of generalizations aren't you? I know many BMW owners who work on the own cars. You have a problem with it but you don't BUY the cars so you don't have to worry about them.

Since you like to complain about what others buy, you seem to just as much of a douche as you claim dave to be.
--
Brian

"It drops into your stomach like a Abrams's tank.... driven by Rosanne Barr..." A. Bourdain

dave
Premium,MVM
join:2000-05-04
not in ohio
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

1 recommendation

reply to Xstar_Lumini
Why, thanks for those kind words. I had previously been under the misapprehension that all Canadians were polite and courteous, so I'm glad to learn new things.

By the way, I don't empty my own septic tank either, so I expect you to consider that a character defect as well.

(Nor did I do the maintenance on my Civic, so I guess the pompousness must reside in me rather than the vehicle marque).

But here's the thing: modern cars are dripping with electronics; the entire engine+drive system is computer controlled; and you're singling out simple resistive heating in the steering wheel as making the car 'more complicated'. Priorities, eh?