·VoicePulse
·Sprint Mobile Br..
·RapidVPS
reply to dellsweig

Re: [TWC] moving to wideband...

said by dellsweig:

said by swintec:

said by dellsweig:

Lets see - they were charging me 7/month for thier modem, I will get a 2.99/month credit for my own modem - sounds like a deal to me..

How will a credit show up? Wont they just take the modem / wireless rental fee off?

Yes - they remove the monthly fee and give a 2.99$ monthly credit for your own device (in theory)

Oh..I dont see a credit on our bill, but I also dont see a modem rental fee either.
--
Usenet Block Accounts | Unlimited Accounts

dellsweig
Extreme Aerobatics
Premium,MVM
join:2003-12-10
Campbell Hall, NY
kudos:1

said by swintec:

Oh..I dont see a credit on our bill, but I also dont see a modem rental fee either.

I suppose TW up there in the north has a different policy than in NY Hudson Valley but I asked and support specifically told me I would get a 2.99 credit

like I said - we shall see - but if it does not show up on my bill - I will go ballistic on them.... I already have gotten one month free service for the installation fiasco last weekend.. It took some hours on the phone but all is good now
--
Nothin' left to do but smile smile smile

swintec
Premium,VIP
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·VoicePulse
·Sprint Mobile Br..
·RapidVPS

said by dellsweig:

I suppose TW up there in the north has a different policy than in NY Hudson Valley but I asked and support specifically told me I would get a 2.99 credit

I guess it depends on how you look at it. The $2.99 fee was always a separate line item on the bill i thought. So with a customer owned modem, the fee would be taken off. With the fee simply taken off, your bill would be $2.99 lower. ....but with a credit of the $2.99 fee actually displaying on the bill...your bill would also be $2.99 lower. One of those 6 of one half a dozen of the other I suppose. The end result will be the same.
--
Usenet Block Accounts | Unlimited Accounts

dellsweig
Extreme Aerobatics
Premium,MVM
Campbell Hall, NY
reply to dellsweig

Update time - again!!! And it keeps on getting better and better

Time Warner took a little under 24 hours to provision my Motorola SB 6141. Support called me to inform me it was done and I could swap out the UBEE and bring up the SB.

The SB came up - I reset all of my other network hardware as well. Connected right to the Internet and did a speed test.

Much to my dismay - 5Mb down, .6 up... Not good. The tech looked at my provisioning and remote line stats and found no issues.

Just for shits and giggles - he flipped the UBEE provisioning back in and I swapped the UBEE back in - Speed test results 30M down 5 up. Flipped it back to the SB - same dismal numbers.

Support instructed me to take it back as it might be defective - which I did (back to amazon). So now I am back on the UBEE.

Any ideas, comments, suggestions???

I am wondering if there was any setup I had to do with the SB before it was provisioned....
--

Restart2

join:2009-06-08
USA

1 edit
reply to dellsweig

I can't find the modem for $80 anywhere.

kilrathi
Premium
join:2005-04-22
Rockaway Park, NY
reply to dellsweig

i have sb 6141 ahd aside from fact they have issues with 64qam upstream modulation here i have no problems with speeds on this modem, so maybe yours is defective.

dellsweig
Extreme Aerobatics
Premium,MVM
Campbell Hall, NY
reply to Restart2

said by Restart2:

I can't find the modem for $80 anywhere.

Amazon

Keep in mind Amazon displays different prices depending on your internal user profile (how much you buy, etc).
--

Gemutlich

join:2012-06-14

The SB6141 sold on Amazon is from third-party vendors rather than Amazon itself. In the last 3 weeks, it has gone up from $98 to $112, I presume because of supply and increased demand as more people become aware of it.

dellsweig
Extreme Aerobatics
Premium,MVM
Campbell Hall, NY
reply to kilrathi

Click for full size
FINALLY got my second SB6141 configured and its up and running now with no issues.

Tine to start saving a few bucks a month from TWC!!!
--

motorola870

join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX
kudos:3

said by dellsweig:

FINALLY got my second SB6141 configured and its up and running now with no issues.

Tine to start saving a few bucks a month from TWC!!!

I am starting to wonder if my area is now doing upstream bonding? About a week ago my hub had maintenance and as well the main headend hub in Dallas TX and another in my area and this week all other hubs are having maintenance according to the maintenance website for TWC. I wondering this because my areas has 4 upstreams and also a lot of other areas are now bonding the upload. My upstream signal might be the cause of not seeing bonding on my modem! My power level is below specs as it is in the 30dBmv range on the upstream.

Anyone in North Texas have upstream bonding yet?

wdh280
TWC Extreme

join:2001-10-13
Middletown, OH
reply to AnonFTW

I have the Arris Tg852G was able to access it until a few days ago they did some firmware update and now i can't login on the admin page 192.168.100.1. I was using a password-gen to login to it but since that new firmware update doesn't work.

kilrathi
Premium
join:2005-04-22
Rockaway Park, NY
reply to dellsweig

Those stats look good but if u ever have any problems it could be due to such low power level readings on upstream, 30dbmv is like the lowest u want and I know that at twc here they want it to be at least 40... but it technially should work.