uniqs
share rss forum feed

Eagles LoveR
Dawkins is a true Eagle
Premium
join:2001-11-29
Trenton, NJ
reply to f0rtys3ven

Re: [Other] 5 Greatest Athletes of ALL time?

Brady isn't much of an "athlete". Vick is a better athlete than him. If i were to make a list of the smartest athletes Brady would easily be mentioned along with the Mannings bros, etc.. Only a few QBs I would like to put, Fran, Steve Young, Cunningham and a couple others i'm probably forgetting
--
"I done wrassled with an alligator, I done tussled with a whale, only Last week I murdered a rock, Injured a stone, hospitalized a brick, I'm so mean I make medicine sick!!"-Ali

f0rtys3ven

join:2011-09-01
Lansing, MI

I think you have to factor in results.

Brady/Belichick create results.

Cal Ripken's streak is really really impressive and worth honorable mention. I can't remember the number of consecutive games but it was astronomical.
--
Leaning out a window with a cocked shotgun. Driving up the block in the car they shot Pac in. Looking for Big's killers. Dressing ridiculous. Blue and red like I don't know what the big deal is.

Eagles LoveR
Dawkins is a true Eagle
Premium
Trenton, NJ

Oh you are right they do create results. But physically Brady doesn't have a Favre type of arm, can't run to save his life - his results come from him being so intelligent and making good reads moreso than physical skills.
--
"I done wrassled with an alligator, I done tussled with a whale, only Last week I murdered a rock, Injured a stone, hospitalized a brick, I'm so mean I make medicine sick!!"-Ali

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI

Do you forget Brady/Moss?

He may not have the ball speed that Farve does, but he throws a much nicer rainbow deep ball. Brady is a classical QB with classical reads and skills. He is mechanically amazing.

Going from a 4 wide spread offence to a 2 tight end 10 yard offence the next season and winning with both is amazing in my book.

I am biased. Hes a wolverine.
--
Leaning out a window with a cocked shotgun. Driving up the block in the car they shot Pac in. Looking for Big's killers. Dressing ridiculous. Blue and red like I don't know what the big deal is.

Eagles LoveR
Dawkins is a true Eagle
Premium
Trenton, NJ

In the 2007 SB Moss was wide open for the win. Brady Underthrew him.

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI

Fair.

The other 50 they did complete were B E A UTIFUL though.

Eagles LoveR
Dawkins is a true Eagle
Premium
Trenton, NJ

It was. But it's also RANDY MOSS. If we are talking honorable mention Moss deserves to be on that list before Brady. Moss made Culpepper an all-pro and almost an MVP. Brady has an NFL arm which is great but he doesn't have a legendary arm.
--

bjf123
We Want... A Shrubbery
Premium
join:2000-02-11
Hamilton, OH
reply to Eagles LoveR

said by Eagles LoveR:

Brady isn't much of an "athlete". Vick is a better athlete than him.

There's really no way to name the top 5 athletes covering all sports. What criteria are we using? Michael Jordan might very well be the greatest basketball player, but how can you say he's a better athlete than Barry Sanders? Neither could have done what the other did in their respective sports. Could either of them hit a 100MPH fast ball? Jordan tried, but just wasn't that good. If we define the top athlete as being in the best physical condition, I'd argue F1 driver Jenson Button, who many of you have probably never heard of. Why do I say Jenson? In his down time, he competes in Ironman Triathlons. Can any of the athletes mentioned in other previous posts swim 2 miles, bike 110 miles, and then run a marathon in the same day? 'Nuff said.
--
Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Eagles LoveR
Dawkins is a true Eagle
Premium
Trenton, NJ

Iron Man shit? That is insane. My cousin just did lake Placid like 2 weeks ago