dlathem
Premium Member
join:2000-08-11
Birmingham, AL

dlathem to UverseTech2

Premium Member

to UverseTech2

Re: Uverse in general

I guess I was a lucky one. I had a Facilities Tech and a Premises Tech that both knew their stuff.

The Premises tech immediately ran new CAT5e and he knew what he was doing. As for the 3800, the installed unit did have WiFi problems within a few hours, but the same PT came back the next day with a new unit. I have had absolutely NO problems with the 3800 for almost three months now. My last re-boot of the Gateway was 62 days ago and the wireless box upstairs has run without problem, or the need for a reboot, since the day it was installed.

I also had a great experience with contacting uverse support via an email supplied on this site to get my service re-provisioned. This happened within a few hours of sending the email.

My Gateway is located 600 feet from the VRAD.

llzel
@att.net

llzel

Anon

Moving soon and am thinking of dropping DISH for UverseTV. I've had Uverse internet (12mbps) for several years so I already own the modem/gateway. My new house is all plaster and very hard to install cables. I'm considering using 2 wireless STB. One question is, do they work OK? Satelliteguys forum stated microwaves and other things will interfere. True? and is there a RF remote that works with their wireless STB and the DVR unit? I like to hide the receiver. And last question, before, I used an HDMI splitter and wired another TV via HDMI-CAT6 to another room. Would this work with Uverse wireless receiver?
Thanks

shortyd999
join:2008-10-21
Birmingham, AL

shortyd999 to dlathem

to dlathem
I have to agree with u as well. My install was issue free. Both the service tech and the premise tech were very knowledgeable, the service tech has been with the company since the Bellsouth days Nd the premise tech since Uverse has been available in Birmingham. Both were on time(actually the premise tech arrive while the service tech was still here working). Install took about 2 hrs, ran cat5 to both TVs without me even asking, he said it works best. I'm using the t he 3800 and haven't had an issue with it. Had the service for a year this month. Now granted I only have TV and I'm about 700ft from the VRAD.