Premium
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·Comcast

[DVR] Whole house DVR question

I ordered a triple play that includes the DVR so I added whole house DVR to the mix. I am wondering how it is installed and how it works. I was going to order the Xfinity triple play complete but they said I needed three TVs and only have two TVs so I had to get the Xfinity triple play premier which includes the DVR but I have to add on the whole house DVR as an add on.

As for the TiVo boxes, I am going to hook those up at Grandma's house.

andyross
Premium,MVM
join:2003-05-04
Schaumburg, IL
AnyRoom is a limited ability to play recordings from the master DVR. I do not believe you can delete or set up new recordings remotely. All of that must be done from the master DVR.

The remote boxes are just standard cable boxes, albeit newer versions. The DVR will be the biggest 500G version. It requires decent cabling, as they use super-high frequencies above the normal cable channels to send video to the remote boxes.

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
join:2001-12-28
Wilmington, DE
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Comcast
reply to IowaCowboy
Iowa-
I just had it installed a little over a month ago.

Main DVR (Cisco RNG 200N), 2 satellite HD boxes (RNG 150).

Not sure why they said you needed 3 TV's - that was a lie. The package "comes with up to 3 additional HD boxes", but you certainly don't need them. I only have 3 TV's in my home, so only used 2 of the 3 additional boxes.

As Andy stated, you have the ability to watch any recorded show from the other STB's. Unfortunately, you cannot delete or schedule from the satellite boxes (as I could with FIOS TV).
--
"ONE team - ONE city - ONE dream!!"

Joe12345678

join:2003-07-22
Des Plaines, IL
said by JeepMatt:

Unfortunately, you cannot delete or schedule from the satellite boxes (as I could with FIOS TV).

Directv let's you do that.