spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Razov09

@algx.net

Status of current DSL Outage?

I can't find any status or ETA on current DSL Outage for AT&T.
It's been down since yesterday afternoon.

Anyone know what the cause is and when it will be fixed?

Thanks!!!!

David
I start new work on
Premium,VIP
join:2002-05-30
Granite City, IL
kudos:101
I believe this has been resolved already for the most part, might reboot your equipment. My connection came back about 10 P.M. central last night.

Razov09

@algx.net
@David,

I tried this morning before I left for work and rebooted both my PC & my Router and I still didn't have any Internet Connection and Internet Light on my Router is Red.

Thanks for the reply.

VegasMan
Are We There Yet?
Premium
join:2002-11-17
Schaumburg, IL
reply to Razov09
There was an outage?

Razov09

@algx.net
Yes there Is as of yesterday afternoon but you may be one of the lucky ones.

Ra

@algx.net
I just had a Online Chat with a AT&T Customer Rep and this is what I got as a reply:
------------------------------
Mr. Gonzalez, our technicians are working on it, it will be fixed as soon as possible, we have the estimated time of resolution as 4 hrs, I am sure till then the issue will be fixed.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Unbelievable how clueless AT&T is!

Razov09

@algx.net
I just heard from another Forum on this Website that a large Fiber Optic Cable was cut yesterday near Kanas City which could be the root cause of all of this mess!

Tmurphy71

@yolau.net
The issue is a password based one. Odds are you need to call in and get your password reset or refreshed.

robocop

@mycingular.net
No Murphy, its not that simple or we'd all have our internet back on, and not be relying on our phones.

VegasMan
Are We There Yet?
Premium
join:2002-11-17
Schaumburg, IL
Reviews:
·AT&T Midwest
reply to Razov09
said by Razov09 :

Yes there Is as of yesterday afternoon but you may be one of the lucky ones.

My service was fine last night and had a few sync drops this morning but nothing out of the ordinary.
--
In need of a Vegas vacation.

minervaK

@rr.com
reply to Razov09
It's 5:22 p.m. Austin (TX) time and my sbcglobal DSL is still down (I'm working at the Driskill Hotel bar today -- not a bad work-around ). I've also heard the "password issue" explanation but that sounds like BS to me -- password issues don't take two days to resolve. I'll vote for the cut cable rumor.

Razov09

@ameritech.net
UPDATE

I was able to workaround issue my resetting the Password on my DSL Router but it took some doing last night but its working.

So it is a Password issue in part but if a Cable was cut plus the fact there are 20K AT&T Workers on Strike this is the Perfect Storm.

Tmurphy71

@yolau.net
What kind of client were you using for pppoe? Like a linksys or dlink or the network connection in xp?

DavidDay22

join:2008-09-06
Madison Heights, MI
reply to Razov09
I seem to have a problem getting to websites that are hosted by Verizon from my AT&T DSL, I can resolve addresses, but not bring up webpages, it is almost like the routing from AT&T to Verizon is not working.

chris2

@99.189.64.x
reply to Razov09
I have no idea what's going on with At&t. I can't get a straight answer when I call them. I work from home and can't access our business internet site. my employer just said that att was working on it and that there is a wide spread outage across missouri. I tried to get help from att for an eta but they are clueless, horrible customer service! at least tell me something!

David
I start new work on
Premium,VIP
Granite City, IL
reply to Razov09
I was told there is a fiber cut in Saint louis mo, learned that as I came in this morning I would expect that to affect any Internet traffic for quite a while till that's fixed. usually for a fiber cut it can be up to 4 hours before resolved.

ChrisInOKC

@faa.gov
reply to Razov09
Have been out since Monday (8/6/12) and the service is still out. Was told originally it would be back up by yesterday (8/7) by 8PM at the latest. Now I've called (took forever), and it's Monday (8/13) at the latest. That's ridiculous! I may look to switch to COX. We are in OKC.

David
I start new work on
Premium,VIP
Granite City, IL
Do you have sync?

DataCzarina

@ameritech.net
reply to Razov09
Mount Pr ospect, IL: we have yet to get a straight answer from AT&T. service kept cutting out Saturday & Sunday. Agent on sunday told us it was a problem in the house, they had no problems. Monday they admitted a problem and scheduled tech support (after we had technician come and check our equipment). Tuesday they canceled the service call because they had an outage but said that the outage on Monday was responsible for all our problems. Tuesday evening the CS rep was incredibly confusing and said that we would probably not have service until Friday and then would need to reset passwords, but they could not do this now as their password - reset system was not working.
We have turned everything on and off multiple times, but finally AT&T admits it is not our fault.
Oh, so far 3 hours on the phone, and if we "want" a statement credit (probably for $5) we have to call a different number and be on hold for another hour.

ChrisInOKC

@faa.gov
reply to David
We have standard POTS analog phone lines and DSL service. I have scoured the internet to see if there is a clear cut answer as to why this is happening. To lose phone and internet service for a week is terrible. I would love to know why...it would at least give me some insight.

minervaK

@att.net
reply to Razov09
I don't understand why there isn't something in the news about this. Does AT&T own all the media outlets, too?

Still down on 8/8/12 at 1:47 pm in Austin, Texas -- been down since Monday night. Using dial-up. Sucks.

David
I start new work on
Premium,VIP
Granite City, IL
Reviews:
·DIRECTV
·AT&T Midwest
·magicjack.com
·Google Voice
reply to Razov09
said by Razov09 :

UPDATE

I was able to workaround issue my resetting the Password on my DSL Router but it took some doing last night but its working.

As I have asked a couple of people already if you have "sync no surf" you might try restarting the DSL modem, or in some cases totally unplugging the DSL modem and restarting it. One person in this thread alone (quoted above) changed his password and he was back up and running. That might be something to try as well.
--
If you have a topic in the direct forum please reply to it or a post of mine, I get a notification when you do this.
Koetting Ford, Granite City, illinois... YOU'RE FIRED!!

David
I start new work on
Premium,VIP
Granite City, IL
Reviews:
·DIRECTV
·AT&T Midwest
·magicjack.com
·Google Voice
reply to ChrisInOKC
said by ChrisInOKC :

We have standard POTS analog phone lines and DSL service. I have scoured the internet to see if there is a clear cut answer as to why this is happening. To lose phone and internet service for a week is terrible. I would love to know why...it would at least give me some insight.

If it's been out at or over 7 days already then you are not in an outage, you have something else going on that an outage won't fix.
--
If you have a topic in the direct forum please reply to it or a post of mine, I get a notification when you do this.
Koetting Ford, Granite City, illinois... YOU'RE FIRED!!

DavidDay22

join:2008-09-06
Madison Heights, MI
reply to Razov09
Something changed overnight, now we are back to where we were last Friday in terms of service.

ChrisInOKC

@faa.gov
reply to David
Been out since Monday. So not quite a week yet. We have no DSL or standard POTS (phone) services. I have called AT&T NUMEROUS times, if not to find out what's going on, but also to simply tell them my frustration. Most of the times I have called they have told me it's a problem at "the central office". No one knows where this office is or why the outage occurred in the first place. We have no dial tone. It is simply dead.

ChrisInOKC

@faa.gov
reply to David
Also found this article out there. Interesting information on the outage that seems to be throughout many states.

»www.ivpressonline.com/probe/ivp-···54.story

David
I start new work on
Premium,VIP
Granite City, IL
Reviews:
·DIRECTV
·AT&T Midwest
·magicjack.com
·Google Voice
reply to ChrisInOKC
the only thing I can think of that would kill both would be a cable cut nearby. I can't imagine a nationwide outage (that's largely over by now from what I have been hearing) would kill your POTS service. I would be thinking more locally, like maybe a cross box hit a car. Car took out a pole.

I had pics of a mazda 626 that replaced an RT once.

David
I start new work on
Premium,VIP
Granite City, IL
Reviews:
·DIRECTV
·AT&T Midwest
·magicjack.com
·Google Voice
reply to Razov09
Further addendum on this. If some of you are getting the sync no surf, be sure to spin/change your network password. Apparently this outage (from what I got) did some damage to the network password data. So changing your email password won't work.

if you need your network password reset we can do it but we need you to verify things for security purposes.

invrtdpilot
I'd rather be flying.

join:2004-03-30
Alvarado, TX
There is no outage as of right now. Some customers may need to reset the NETWORK password and put the new password into the modem. There are two passwords to your account, network and portal. Network is only used for your modem, portal is for your account, email etc. I think some may be changing their email password and expecting that to work in a modem. It won't. You have to make sure its your network password that gets changed.

As of now, there are no network outages involving authentication. That does not mean you can or cannot connect, just that it is no longer an outage with the ATT systems. Some customers will need to spin the network password to get back online. If this does not work, you have something else going on.

David, if you need anything from me.. you know how to get me.

Thanks everyone.