Premium Member
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA

1 recommendation

Nick D to Immer

Premium Member

to Immer

Re: [Raiding] DS10 Fun Run: All paladins

I assume this is for normal under the 30% nerf?

Morchok: easy fix. The tanks stand on each other's heads. Why is anyone anywhere else but Morchok's ass or on a crystal? Healers should get the crystal.

For Zon'ozz, have some real fun and just have pallies run out and solo bounce, cycling Divine Shield. Also, 3 healers are probably enough to just stand there and soak all of 'em, especially if you only do 5 bounces, so don't need to get fancy.

For Yor, just have everyone nuke blue (though I wonder if due to lack of caster DPS mana pools, if the healers will get back far less mana than usual). Why wait? With that much melee, don't get green.

More people on drakes on Warmaster (unless some of your rets are absolutely baller). Or do it heroic style and stack the adds on the drake. HoJ will be fine; should only need 2 at MOST per sapper. Most likely 1.

Single targeting bloods shouldn't be an issue at all on Madness. Mark a skull if you want to keep everyone stacked for Holy Radiance would be the only thing. The paladin puddle moves with the target after all.

addendum: for reference, people are 5 manning normal DS now (with heroic gear of course, but still), so I wouldn't sweat the details.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

said by Nick D:

I assume this is for normal under the 30% nerf?

It is a fun run, so yes, 30% nerf in full effect. My primary concern for Yor'Sajh is that paladins need mana... regardless of spec. So that's why I might be prioritizing Blue>Green>Purple

We aren't the kind of guild (or server) that has Dk's soloing Atramedes, so... this is just funky enough to get us noticed, I think.

I have one guy that might be able to record this run... but we will be taking screen caps if we can't get the video.

Nick D
Premium Member
Orange, CA

Nick D

Premium Member

It reminds me of the time during Ulduar our server put together a 25 man all-druid Sarth run. It was truly a healing forest.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

Yeah, I thought about doing all druid first, but our guild and our sister guild on the server seem to have more paladins geared up than druids. Druids will be our next fun run if everyone enjoys it.

Nick D
Premium Member
Orange, CA

Nick D to Immer

Premium Member

to Immer
Ret pallies don't get their mana burned by blue (nor do Enh shamans). Only caster DPS and healers.

I'd do Green > Purple > doesn't matter, pick one (probably yellow; yellow/black is still an annoying combo ... esp. if you hate the Steelers).

(I don't hate the Steelers)

(maybe)

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

said by Nick D:

Ret pallies don't get their mana burned by blue (nor do Enh shamans). Only caster DPS and healers.

now that's the kind of insight I was needing. (clearly I prefer tanking and healing, no?)

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

said by Immer:

said by Nick D:

now that's the kind of insight I was needing. (clearly I prefer tanking and healing, no?)

Then I'd bet the Ret's could burn the void fast.

Or just forget about the void, you all have self heals.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

no, we'll be burning down the void asap. shouldn't be a problem in the least.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

said by Immer:

couldn't all those pali's heal the tanks through it?

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

said by DarkLogix:

said by Immer:

couldn't all those pali's heal the tanks through it?

sometimes you get so hung up on a detail or a point of argument that I think you miss the overall picture. There simply is no point in making a fun run any more complicated than necessary. It will be 10 paladins... we can follow normal strats for this boss and move on to the bosses that might be difficult (zon'ozz, blackhorn, spine) for us without trying to completely ignore mechanics.

Nick D
Premium Member
Orange, CA

Nick D

Premium Member

Breaking a spine tendon is probably on the order of 1 Crusader Strike these days anyways.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

said by Nick D:

Breaking a spine tendon is probably on the order of 1 Crusader Strike these days anyways.

when focused, they go down a little too fast. I forsee lots of rolling in our first attempt, lol.