uniqs

BigSensFan
Premium Member
join:2003-07-16
Belle River, ON

BigSensFan

Premium Member

I was there but did not see DKS

So I was in DKS See Profile city/town/village? last night after a motorcycle trip to Tobermory. I loved the roads leading into and past the place where DKS lives .. but after Wiarton, the roads get very straight (not good motorcycle roads)

On the way back south, we stopped at Kings Buffet but alas DKS See Profile was not there ... I think he was in hiding

On a side note, I was riding the 401 to meet with my friend in Elmira and got hit in the chest with a running shoe... it startled me to no end, but did not affect me other than that

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones

join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON

DKS

I'm not in River City right now. I'm on vacation.

BTW, King's Buffet is not good food. Way too greasy. Chef Wok (takeout only -just down the street) is much better.

BigSensFan
Premium Member
Belle River, ON

BigSensFan

Premium Member

said by DKS:

I'm not in River City right now. I'm on vacation.

BTW, King's Buffet is not good food. Way too greasy. Chef Wok (takeout only -just down the street) is much better.

now you tell me (on both accounts )

Well next time it will be Chef Wok

Last Parade
join:2002-10-07
Port Colborne, ON

Last Parade to BigSensFan

to BigSensFan
Look at you escaping the safe embrace of the GTA!

Mark
I stand with my feet
join:2009-07-11
Canada

Mark to BigSensFan

to BigSensFan

That's a head scratcher

I've been hit by rocks and some pretty big bugs but how does one come into contact with a running shoe while out riding?

I_H8_Spam
join:2004-03-10
St Catharines, ON

I_H8_Spam

said by Mark:

I've been hit by rocks and some pretty big bugs but how does one come into contact with a running shoe while out riding?

That is an excellent question, I can say in all my rides past I've never been hit with an item of clothing.

However getting hit with Bugs, Smoke butts, Gravel, Glass (once) occurred all the time.

J E F F4
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium Member
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4 to BigSensFan

Premium Member

to BigSensFan

Re: I was there but did not see DKS

Going to be up on Oliphant next week, about 15 minutes from Wiarton and 30 minutes or so from Owen Sound. I'm sure I'll run into DKS See Profile when I am up there.

BigSensFan
Premium Member
Belle River, ON

BigSensFan to Mark

Premium Member

to Mark

Re: That's a head scratcher

said by Mark:

Not sure where it came from.. I think it must have been on top of a vehicle a couple in front of me and finally blew off, up and ove rthe vehicle I was following (I was about 15 feet behind it getting ready to change lanes)... I only noticed it coming in my perephrial vision because I was doing a shoulder check to change lanes, and it hit me in the middle of the chest

Mark
I stand with my feet
Canada

Mark

At least it wasn't a crow bar or hammer or something with a little less give! Now that I think about it I in my early riding days I ended up jumping a tumbling 2x4 while in the fast lane that had fallen off a trailer, luckily I had an enduro so it didn't upset the chassis too badly even at 125.

I do miss riding, just not those unforeseen dangers that comes with the territory.

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone to BigSensFan

Premium Member

to BigSensFan

said by BigSensFan:

So I was in DKS See Profile city/town/village? last night after a motorcycle trip to Tobermory. I loved the roads leading into and past the place where DKS lives .. but after Wiarton, the roads get very straight (not good motorcycle roads)

On the way back south, we stopped at Kings Buffet but alas DKS See Profile was not there ... I think he was in hiding

I went to Tobermory and Stoke's Bay last summer. We drove by DKS's church on the way up. Alas, I didn't see any grumpy older-than-dirt men out front.

horsey
@eastlink.ca

horsey to Mark

Anon

to Mark

said by Mark:

I think it is the same guy as in this vid.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· 5Qrn24EQ

size 10 right?
peterboro (banned)
join:2006-11-03
Peterborough, ON

peterboro (banned) to BigSensFan

to BigSensFan

said by BigSensFan:

Try 507 north of Flynn's Corners for twists and turns. Bikers killed there ever year on the rock faces.

»maps.google.ca/maps?hl=e ··· ,,0,4.32

Mark
I stand with my feet
Canada

Mark to horsey

to horsey

For all the fault we could find with the man himself, his reflexes are above reproach! I remember that going viral with flash based video games, pretty hilarious

dennilfloss
Liberal And Loving It
Premium Member
join:2001-09-09
Ottawa, ON

dennilfloss to BigSensFan

Premium Member

to BigSensFan

I read DSK and thought you went to France.

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones

Owen Sound, ON

DKS to J E F F4

to J E F F4
said by J E F F4:

Going to be up on Oliphant next week, about 15 minutes from Wiarton and 30 minutes or so from Owen Sound. I'm sure I'll run into DKS See Profile when I am up there.

Won't be where I am now, but may not be back in River City, either.
DKS

DKS to Gone

to Gone
said by Gone:

said by BigSensFan:

I went to Tobermory and Stoke's Bay last summer. We drove by DKS's church on the way up. Alas, I didn't see any grumpy older-than-dirt men out front.

We just had all the mortar reprinted. No grumpy masons, either.

Gone
Premium Member
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

said by DKS:

The building looked good, but I wondered where people would park as I didn't recall seeing a parking lot.

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones

Owen Sound, ON

DKS

said by Gone:

said by DKS:

The building looked good, but I wondered where people would park as I didn't recall seeing a parking lot.

34 spots. All paved. And on street parking.

Gone
Premium Member
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

said by DKS:

34 spots. All paved. And on street parking.

Good. There was a church in the central core that needed to relocate because they had no on-site parking. It's a beautiful building, and sadly it's been on the market for a while now.