Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

Davesnothere to El Quintron

Premium Member

to El Quintron

Re: Telus says BITE ME !

said by El Quintron:

....LOL I just saw your subject line in my post history....

I fixed my post anyway - after re-proofing it later, I figured that it needed a little something else.

But the part which is most interesting to ME (see above-posted linked thread/article) is that B$ELL has ALSO spoken up, saying that THEY want this hearing to be behind #####s.

Hmmmm.... My Spidey senses are tingling.

Mayhaps B$ELL cannot COPE with what may be revealed in next week's episode !
Davesnothere

Davesnothere

Premium Member

Happy September, everyone !

Items of possible interest :

♫ ♬ "It's the most, wonderful time, of the year !" ♫ ♬ (Kids return to school.)

Bell continues to cause grief for individual Indie ISP customers.

Indie ISPs continue to diversify their upstream providers to include more and more Cablecos in Bell territory, and so will gradually depend less upon Bell for ANYTHING. - The public now has more choice, sometimes even without changing providers.

QC has a PQ gov't now, but a minority, with a woman in charge of QC for the 1st time.

ON still has a minority, since Dalton did not win both by-elections.

McDonalds opens 2 all veggie branches in India. - I'm curious what is served by our major fast food restaurants in other parts of the world than North America, and what it trastes like, but not enough so to travel there just to find out.

The 'IGNORE This Thread' thread in CanChat now has 110 pages. - You can ignore that if you wish.

JF is still MIA, though his tweeting skills have become advanced.

Windoze 8 may be just the thing needed for Linux to be taken seriously and to heart by the general public.

The 18+ month US presidential election process will be over soon - well, in 2 more months....

UBB still lurks at incumbent ISPs, but rates are somewhat lower than 2 years ago.

Many Indie ISPs charge UBB, but at even lower rates, after higher monthly usage caps.
Davesnothere

Davesnothere

Premium Member

Internet is a Necessity

THIS looks like news :

»Harper Government declares Internet a Necessity

Unfartunately, apparently the CRTC does not yet see it that way.
Davesnothere

Davesnothere

Premium Member

No More #### ?

Uh-Oh !

»The end of ####? - or CRTC orders telecom companies to open

»CRTC Transparency: Great step in the right direction for UBB

»www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/com10 ··· 1026.htm
Davesnothere

Davesnothere

Premium Member

Getting warmer....

»CNOC Files w/ CRTC Against Rogers
Davesnothere

Davesnothere

Premium Member

Happy 2013 !
Davesnothere

4 edits

Davesnothere

Premium Member

Something about UBB, you say ?

»UBB, Overages, and malicious users

Yes folks, UBB is still here - lurking - waiting to rape the wallets of unsuspecting Internet users - and now, especially those of MOBILE Internet users - you know, the smart peeps who have been buying up the new generations of 'SMARTphones' so voraciously during the past couple of years - [BTW Happy 2nd birthday soon to THIS thread] - so fast that a new expression based on a variation of an old one had to be created - "They were selling like HotCakes SmartPhones !"

Anyway, THAT group of sheeple are the latest to be bitten by the Unfair Billing Bite of the incumbent service providers.

Not only a contract lock-in for us to be able to get the overpriced phones for closer to reasonable cost, but also the insane usage charges for data - and even worse if roaming !