share rss forum feed

Chubbysumo

join:2009-12-01
Superior, WI
Reviews:
·Charter
reply to norwegian

Re: [Scam] Apple scam

you may want to reply "stop", otherwise, you will end up with a montly charge on your cell bill from these things. the fact that its asking you to go to a web site is a distraction to the fact that it is a "company" trying to add a premium service onto your cell phone bill.

norwegian
Premium
join:2005-02-15
Outback
I went to the site via my computer, not my phone, I would think this might help a little.

As it is a business phone, I've passed on the info and also reported it via the same mobile to the authorities. Not a lot more can be done.

Why do you think replying "stop" will fix it? That would still alert the scammers your phone is a working and legit phone number.
--
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke

Chubbysumo

join:2009-12-01
Superior, WI
Reviews:
·Charter
said by norwegian:

I went to the site via my computer, not my phone, I would think this might help a little.

As it is a business phone, I've passed on the info and also reported it via the same mobile to the authorities. Not a lot more can be done.

Why do you think replying "stop" will fix it? That would still alert the scammers your phone is a working and legit phone number.

it may look like an attempt to get you to go to a site, but it could also be a bill pumping scam. Look up "jawa v Verizon wireless". They would send out texts just like that, and when the user didnt respond with "stop", they would add a $10 or $15 per month "premium" service onto the bill. Also, they know its a live line already, because when you text a number that cannot receive texts or is disconnected, you get an "undeliverable" response from your carrier.

norwegian
Premium
join:2005-02-15
Outback
I will look it up. I wasn't aware of a "stop" function but this link suggests a stop function is not good?

»www.moneysavingexpert.com/phones···xts#spam
--
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke