how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

chitchatjf

join:2008-07-13
Lawrence, MA

[HD] NFL red Zone

I know the season hasn't started yet,but now I get the press OK to subscribe screen when tuning to ch 835.
I paid the $50 the first year and currently have Ultimate hd.

wHERE'S MY RED ZONE?

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
join:2006-12-28
Allendale, NJ
kudos:1

It will come

Strommy

join:2010-04-23
King Of Prussia, PA
reply to chitchatjf

said by chitchatjf:

I know the season hasn't started yet,but now I get the press OK to subscribe screen when tuning to ch 835.

wHERE'S MY RED ZONE?

I believe it is only on during the REGULAR season and only while the games are being played. Otherwise they just run the splash screen. It's not on during the pre-season.
--
Verizon is becoming the new Comcast

Those .tv channels have got to go!!!!!!!!!!

fioseller

join:2007-08-31
Lindenhurst, NY

Yes, you will not see any activity untill Game Day of regular season. A good way to check your subscription is to put the channel on around 12:45 on the 9/09. It will show a countdown.

dcowboy

join:2012-05-10
reply to Strommy

said by Strommy:

said by chitchatjf:

wHERE'S MY RED ZONE?

I believe it is only on during the REGULAR season and only while the games are being played. Otherwise they just run the splash screen. It's not on during the pre-season.
--
Verizon is becoming the new Comcast

Those .tv channels have got to go!!!!!!!!!!

No what the OP means is that since he has ultimate he should get a message that says "you are already subscribed to this channel".

But the message instead says about calling to subscribe to the channel.

It makes it confusing & would just be easier to just give that subscribed message.

webcobbler

@verizon.net

I too subscribe to the Ultimate HD Package. I believe I have always gotten NFL Red Zone when the Season started for the past year or two. But this Splash Screen is very confusing.

So, my question is : Even though the splash screen shows that Weird "Press OK" screen, that I should just ignore it until September 9th, and then tune to the channel, and I should def see the countdown and Red Zone in full for the remainder of the season, as I have in the past?

Since Red Zone is apart of the Ultimate Package.

Thank You

FiosTV1080I

join:2010-09-06
united state

Alongs if you subscribe to the Ultimate package then you will recieve the NFL Sunday ticket week 1.

dcowboy

said by FiosTV1080I:

Alongs if you subscribe to the Ultimate package then you will recieve the NFL Sunday ticket week 1.

Isnt sunday ticket on directv.

webcobbler

@verizon.net

So, as long as I have the Ultimate Package, then I will Always receive NFL Red Zone for the full Season, when the Season starts? Am I correct?

miataman

join:2010-10-27
Chelmsford, MA
kudos:1

Correct (discounting any failures of Account Admin on VZ's part)
--
"My hat, my cane, Jeeves".

nycdave
Premium,MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY
kudos:16
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to FiosTV1080I

said by FiosTV1080I:

Um, no.

FiosTV1080I

united state
reply to webcobbler

it's also $54.99/ for the season also as an option below Ulitmate package levels.

FiosTV1080I

united state

NFL Red Zone, not NFL Sunday ticket don't even got that on VZ FIOS.

icemannyr1

join:2001-04-11
Township Of Washington, NJ
reply to chitchatjf

It is ironic the NFL Red Zone channel has been on since the season was over and before the season they decide to turn the channel off and mess up the splash screen so people who are subscribed are not told that on screen.

skohly

join:2009-08-19

said by icemannyr1:

It is ironic the NFL Red Zone channel has been on since the season was over and before the season they decide to turn the channel off and mess up the splash screen so people who are subscribed are not told that on screen.

Confusing as hell indeed!

dcowboy

Also they are still showing the old NFLN logo on that screen.

The new logo is the NFL shield + the word Network.

Its wierd cause they have it correct in the program guide channel 588.

aaronwt
Premium
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA
reply to webcobbler

said by webcobbler :

So, as long as I have the Ultimate Package, then I will Always receive NFL Red Zone for the full Season, when the Season starts? Am I correct?

Don't forget that FiOS could decide to remove NFL Red Zone from the Ultimate tier.

skohly

join:2009-08-19

said by aaronwt:

said by webcobbler :

Don't forget that FiOS could decide to remove NFL Red Zone from the Ultimate tier.

You bet and me thinks they are

celticpride

@verizon.net

why would they pull it off the ultimate pack?,unless they come up with some kind of sports package, or just remove it altogether, or maube are able to somehow get nfl sunday ticket, which i dont think they can do because directv still has exclusive rights.

kes601

join:2007-04-14
Virginia Beach, VA
kudos:2

said by celticpride :

why would they pull it off the ultimate pack?,unless they come up with some kind of sports package, or just remove it altogether, or maube are able to somehow get nfl sunday ticket, which i dont think they can do because directv still has exclusive rights.

So they can charge for it like they do for Extreme HD. Those who really like the channel will subscribe, those who don't, won't.

Greg2600

join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ
reply to chitchatjf

The NFL does not want RedZone off a package. It means less subscribers for them.

icemannyr1

join:2001-04-11

1 edit

When I press OK for more information it tells me "You cannot order this package through the remote as a change to your plan might be required."

Thats 100% wrong. I have Extreme HD and the channel should be included.

Why does Verizon let stuff like this happen?
Just turn the channel back on already.

I meant Ultimate HD.

ESPN

join:2003-02-22
Allentown, PA

RedZone is only available on Sundays during the regular season. Its available for $54.99 and is included in the Ultimate HD package.

kes601

join:2007-04-14
Virginia Beach, VA
kudos:2
reply to icemannyr1

said by icemannyr1:

When I press OK for more information it tells me "You cannot order this package through the remote as a change to your plan might be required."

Thats 100% wrong. I have Extreme HD and the channel should be included.

Why does Verizon let stuff like this happen?
Just turn the channel back on already.

NFL Red Zone has never been included in Extreme HD.

celticpride

@verizon.net
reply to Greg2600

well if they remove it from the ultimate package and charge you for it i wont get it ,that channel is annoying to me when i watch a game i dont want to watch 10 games at a time! I just cant get used to it.irather watch 1 game live and record the second and watch it later.but thats just me i know a lot of people enjoy this channel,i only have it because its in the ultimate package that i have, otherwise i would never add this channel if i had to pay seperatly for it. If i really liked football like a lot of you do i would of just stayed with directv and payed for the sunday ticket.

dcowboy

said by celticpride :

If i really liked football like a lot of you do i would of just stayed with directv and payed for the sunday ticket.

The advantage of redzone over sunday ticket for alot of people is redzone does all the work for you & you dont miss any big plays.
With sunday ticket its just impossible to do that.

chitchatjf

join:2008-07-13
Lawrence, MA

My brother in law has Direct tV and the ticket.
He finds himself mainly alternating between the Ticket Red zone channel and the local team
Had the NFL Net Red Zone channel been available for $50-55 separately he would dump the full ticket and jump on that.

FIOS4cable

join:2009-05-08
NYC
reply to celticpride

I called Verizon they said it still part of the Ultimate Package, It goes live in Sep

webcobler

@verizon.net

That is great to know.

Thanks FIOS4cable

FIOS4cable

join:2009-05-08
NYC

U welcome . Tune in Sunday Sep 9

Webcobler