Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

invisibleman

join:2012-08-23
Alexandria, VA
reply to shortkud

Re: [HD] NFL red Zone

Are they also aware that their phone system is hanging up on people or leaving them on perma-hold, and that their support page on their website won't even load?

UnnDunn
Premium
join:2005-12-21
Brooklyn, NY
reply to Steely

said by Steely:

I can't get the Football widget to open. I get some kind of error message about data not available and the screen freezes. Earlier, the widget worked but would not let me set up alerts. Anyone else?

Same here. A little frustrating. Hopefully it's fixed for next week.

LineDawg

join:2005-11-19
East Brunswick, NJ
reply to invisibleman

Having the same issues Were sorry there's no answer this call is being disconnected. Great product..... horrible customer service!

brmathews

join:2003-09-04
Pittsburgh, PA
reply to chitchatjf

I have Ultimate and Red Zone isn't working for me either.

Pretty pissed off right now and I better be getting a credit on my bill.

Also going to write to consumerist about this.

brmathews

join:2003-09-04
Pittsburgh, PA
reply to chitchatjf

@VerizonSupport

WOW! NFL Redzone is in extremely high demand. Activations could take up to 90 minutes but requests are processing. Thanks for your patience.

Seriously? Idiots.

Mac973

join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ
reply to chitchatjf

I'm getting the channel but the quality is terrible. Constant picture stuttering and audio dropouts. Anyone else noticing this?

rpjoe
Premium
join:2007-09-22
Rochelle Park, NJ
reply to chitchatjf

AAAAARRRRRRGGGGHHHHH!

Myron4

join:2008-03-08
Dallas, TX
reply to chitchatjf

Received: from unknown (HELO pnpfdp01) ([172.16.0.222]) by dcfdpe04.verizon.com with ESMTP; Fri, 24 Aug 2012 17:11:07 -0500

Dear Valued Verizon Customer,
Are you ready for some football? The start of the NFL season is just around the corner and as a FiOS TV Ultimate subscriber we’re excited to continue giving you access to the NFL RedZone on channels (335 SD or 835 HD) at no additional charge.

To view the NFL RedZone channel this season you simply need to tune to channels (335 SD or 835 HD) on your STB on or after August 23, 2012, and activate the service by selecting the “OK” button and following the prompts. That’s it! No other action will be required from you.

See you September 9, 2012, for the first game of the season!
Thank you for being a FiOS TV Ultimate subscriber.

Robispissed

@verizon.net
reply to Myron4

I just got off the phone with Fios Tech. If you are a Fios Ultimate HD subscriber you must ASK to have J1563 (NFL Redzone) added to your account. Apparently there is a system outage and they hope to have it fixed in 1 hour...

Lacrossenut

@verizon.net
reply to brmathews

Are you kidding me. I have a room filled with guests waiting for day one to start. I pay 200 dollars a month to Verizon only to get disappointed once again. Support zero, execution. Zero.

Robispissed

@verizon.net
reply to just lou

Still on hold...I'll post when (if) I get any info!

Bill22

@verizon.net
reply to Steely

This is frustrating. I have been on hold for 50 minutes and counting. I live in NYC and have ultimate package. Getting the same error message on the channel. Uggh.

LineDawg

East Brunswick, NJ
reply to Myron4

Re: From: verizon-services@verizon.com

Why would you have to activate? The channel is part of your pkg. On hold with support listening to music.

Mike p

@verizon.net
reply to chitchatjf

Who do u ask for it when onscreen doesn't work and nobody answers the phone?

Balz

join:2003-08-13
Sicklerville, NJ
reply to chitchatjf

This is just verizon trying to get all of us subscribers who get Red Zone on our TV's to order it for our cell phones through them.

Ted Shekler

join:2011-03-10
West Chester, PA
reply to chitchatjf

this is verizonsupport latest tweet

NFL #Redzone on #FiOS is so popular it could take up to 90 mins to process, but it is processing. There's no need to call to activate.

We'll see

Myron4

Dallas, TX
reply to LineDawg

Ultimate HD NFL RedZone

said by LineDawg:

Why would you have to activate? The channel is part of your pkg. On hold with support listening to music.

at least Verizon is allowing us to hold for support/billing now instead of dropping the call, it never activated regardless of how many times I pressed OK all I get is...
We are unable to process your request at this time. Please call (888)-553-1555 or visit www.verizon.com for more information.

Robispissed

@verizon.net
reply to Robispissed

Just posted on Twitter:

Verizon Support @VerizonSupport
NFL #Redzone on #FiOS is so popular it could take up to 90 mins to process, but it is processing. There's no need to call to activate.

Whatever...

shortkud

join:2005-02-05
Irving, TX
reply to chitchatjf

Everyone is thinking it but no one has said it. This is bullshit. Why change up up how the channel works? You think they would know what forcing everyone to activate would do to their systems. Who even reads those stupid Verizon emails? Maybe more notification and everyone wouldn't be trying to activate now. Although as other people said in this thread they have been trying to activate all week.

FiosTV1080I

join:2010-09-06
united state

I agee the NFL Red Zone should have been activated the 1st week of September they better get it fixed quickly or people might swich providers.

gsjs316

join:2008-10-16
Langhorne, PA
reply to chitchatjf

Still on hold since 12:57 am ET. My phone's battery will probably die before I actually get to speak to someone. I've tried on multiple occasions to "activate" the channel. I'm getting pissed, and this has been a complete waste of my Sunday.

Thanks, Verizon. Spot on, as always.

mjohnson

@verizon.net
reply to chitchatjf

We bought the Ultimate Package in June, and that was the salesman's highlight, how it came with NFL Redzone. But now when I try to use it, it's not working. Same message, cannot process your request. The toll free number says they are closed, the local store puts me on terminal hold. And the chat lines and website are crashing!

livid

@verizon.net
reply to Myron4

Re: Ultimate HD NFL RedZone

on hold for 1 hour and 25 minutes...this is total BS!! Oh why did I leave Comcast?

rrs43082

@verizon.net
reply to chitchatjf

couldn't even get through to billing to complain and ask for compensation. ULTIMATE FAIL!

shortkud

join:2005-02-05
Irving, TX
reply to chitchatjf

I have a feeling those on hold won't get any help. I just spoke to a rep who said there is an outage and they can't do anything and to just keep trying to activate via the STB.

Myron4

Dallas, TX

1 edit
reply to Robispissed

Ultimate HD NFL RedZone

said by Robispissed :

Just posted on Twitter: NFL #Redzone on #FiOS is so popular it could take up to 90 mins to process, but it is processing. There's no need to call to activate.
Whatever...

There is an outage in your Area. Our Engineers are working to resolve the outage. This channel is expected to be restored soon. [835 NFL RZ HD]
We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience.

whatever...

invisibleman

join:2012-08-23
Alexandria, VA
reply to shortkud

...an outage that affects only one channel, eh?

That's amazing.

NNard

join:2012-06-26
Bethpage, NY

This is totally unacceptable. I have been trying to activate the channel for days now assuming it would be available this afternoon.

LineDawg

East Brunswick, NJ
reply to Myron4

Re: Ultimate HD NFL RedZone

Automated service now recognizes that i have called ten times.Goes right to hold again.Still haven't spoken to a human. At least Directv gave you code to enter off the Tv screen to enter by phone. That worked well a couple times to restore service .

yankeesfan

join:2003-01-14
Stafford, VA
reply to yankeesfan

Finally working now.