Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Greg2600

join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ
reply to chitchatjf

Re: [HD] NFL red Zone

The NFL does not want RedZone off a package. It means less subscribers for them.

icemannyr1

join:2001-04-11
Township Of Washington, NJ

1 edit
When I press OK for more information it tells me "You cannot order this package through the remote as a change to your plan might be required."

Thats 100% wrong. I have Extreme HD and the channel should be included.

Why does Verizon let stuff like this happen?
Just turn the channel back on already.

I meant Ultimate HD.

ESPN

join:2003-02-22
Allentown, PA
RedZone is only available on Sundays during the regular season. Its available for $54.99 and is included in the Ultimate HD package.

kes601

join:2007-04-14
Virginia Beach, VA
kudos:2
reply to icemannyr1
said by icemannyr1:

When I press OK for more information it tells me "You cannot order this package through the remote as a change to your plan might be required."

Thats 100% wrong. I have Extreme HD and the channel should be included.

Why does Verizon let stuff like this happen?
Just turn the channel back on already.

NFL Red Zone has never been included in Extreme HD.

celticpride

@verizon.net
reply to Greg2600
well if they remove it from the ultimate package and charge you for it i wont get it ,that channel is annoying to me when i watch a game i dont want to watch 10 games at a time! I just cant get used to it.irather watch 1 game live and record the second and watch it later.but thats just me i know a lot of people enjoy this channel,i only have it because its in the ultimate package that i have, otherwise i would never add this channel if i had to pay seperatly for it. If i really liked football like a lot of you do i would of just stayed with directv and payed for the sunday ticket.

dcowboy

join:2012-05-10
said by celticpride :

If i really liked football like a lot of you do i would of just stayed with directv and payed for the sunday ticket.

The advantage of redzone over sunday ticket for alot of people is redzone does all the work for you & you dont miss any big plays.
With sunday ticket its just impossible to do that.

chitchatjf

join:2008-07-13
Lawrence, MA
My brother in law has Direct tV and the ticket.
He finds himself mainly alternating between the Ticket Red zone channel and the local team
Had the NFL Net Red Zone channel been available for $50-55 separately he would dump the full ticket and jump on that.

FIOS4cable

join:2009-05-08
NYC
reply to celticpride
I called Verizon they said it still part of the Ultimate Package, It goes live in Sep

webcobler

@verizon.net
That is great to know.

Thanks FIOS4cable

FIOS4cable

NYC
U welcome . Tune in Sunday Sep 9

Webcobler

webcobbler

@verizon.net
oh, I def will.

FIOS4cable

ggma1126
GGMA1126
Premium
join:2008-08-30
Claymont, DE
reply to chitchatjf
I was seeing the same thing then I pressed the "B" to troubleshoot and the subscribe message went away I have ultimate pkg

icemannyr1

reply to chitchatjf
I tried pressing B and was told I'm not subscribed to the channel.
OK says I can't order it via remote.
I have Ultimate HD.
They should turn the channel back on for those who are subscribed.

skohly

join:2009-08-19
Same here.

FIOS4cable

NYC
Accoring to Verizon that channel won't go live unit sep 9th around 10am

dcowboy

We know the channel isnt live until the season starts.

What were saying is put a message (just like directv does on theirs) on the screen that says you are subscribed to this channel for the people that are as that would avoid all this confusion.

icemannyr1

Unless I'm wrong the channel was live with a splash screen that had the updated Red Zone logo till Verizon shut it off.
Either way Verizon needs to fix the channel so those that are subscribe get a different screen.

FIOS4cable

NYC

1 edit
reply to chitchatjf
Maybe you guys should click on Guide and then click Options then on subscribe channels

ggma1126
GGMA1126
Premium
join:2008-08-30
Claymont, DE
reply to icemannyr1
Originally I sent a message to support via Twitter about it today and they got right back to me telling me to send a DM - once I did that they called me right back and said they looked at my acccount and I am subscribed due to Ultimate Pkg and he had me turn to channel - at first the subscribe message came up he had me press "B" and a couple of minutes later it was fixed - now showing the splash screen
--
Delaware Verizon Fios
Droid X

sg

join:2007-07-23
Montclair, NJ
reply to chitchatjf
I'm on ultimate and I get the normal splash screen as well. Nothing about being unsubscribed

aaronwt
Premium
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA
said by sg:

I'm on ultimate and I get the normal splash screen as well. Nothing about being unsubscribed

I just checked mine and it says I'm unsubscribed. But I'm on the Ultimate tier. So I guess another reason I need to call Verizon again. Better to find out now then on the day the season starts.

I do watch Red Zone occasionally. But if it were separate from the Ultimate HD package I would not pay for it.

FIOS4cable

NYC
Maybe you could try this real quick

click on Guide and then click Options then on subscribe channels

xocsucram

join:2008-10-02
reply to chitchatjf
the NFL rewind package is less than $50 lol

and you get every game, not just highlights

if you're gonna spend 11 hours watching bits and pieces on RedZone(1pm-7pm) then the SNF game thru midnight, you can spend half that and watch every game with the condensed feature on Rewind that shows every play of each game and cuts all the other crap out and the game is over in 20-40 minutes depending if they ran more pass plays or run plays which eats clock between plays

30m x 14 day games = 7 hours + SNF and MNF = ~8 hours, actually less cause of the Thursday game now

and dont gimme the "i need to see it live" cause Redzone isnt live, they tell you what happened and show you while following some game nobody cares about like Browns/Bengals rather than Ravens/Steelers or Pats/Texans, you cant follow the flow or momentum of any game like that, its basically the same as the highlight clips for the audio subscriptions or boxscore sites, id rather see all the plays

dcowboy

First of all redzone is LIVE....obviously they show taped plays from like 5 mins ago of other games with simultaneous action but generally when a team is inside the 20 they follow that drive LIVE to the end sometimes even ping ponging back & forth between plays of 2 drives LIVE.

Also its not the same as watching just highlites after the game is over because then you know the winner of the game already....redzone even if they show a taped play from 5 mins ago you dont know the game/play result yet.

chitchatjf

join:2008-07-13
Lawrence, MA
reply to FIOS4cable
been there done that rebooted box still no dice

FIOS4cable

NYC
reply to chitchatjf
I guess you need to call FIOS, tell us how it goes

caps620

join:2009-01-18
Central NJ
I just did an online chat with Verizon, they said you have to tune to the channel after August 23rd to activate it and it's is still included with the ultimate tier TV package.

icemannyr1

Verizon is really starting to annoy me!
I got the same nonsense comment from support in chat.
That is 100% wrong.
The channel is active broadcasting a message saying when the channel starts broadcasting. I was able to see it on Ch1003 after the 3D Olympics channel was turned off.
Why can't FiOS just fix their mistake and turn the channel back on to all customers who are subscribed.
This is ridiculous.

Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
Premium,MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX
kudos:1
reply to sg
said by sg:

Same for me.
--
My Gallery
Formerly Nezmo

swope1221

join:2008-08-26
Newtown, PA
reply to chitchatjf
Just to see if I'm in the same boat with everybody else before I call/chat with verizon. Is the Red Zone Splash Screen we're talking about have a Bengals player, followed by a Donald Driver, Randy Moss, Hines Ward, Marion Barber, Drew Brees and finally Reggie Wayne going from left to right and a "push OK for more information" banner in the lower right corner?

If so I get that, but if I push OK, I get a message "Please wait while we find you the best offer for you" then a Info message pops up saying "You can not order this package through the remote as a change to your plan may be required...."

I have the ultimate tier. If I do Guide, options, subscribed the guide shows channels 335 and 835.

I'm hoping this means I am good to go.