how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

CubsFanDMV

@uspsoig.gov
reply to Steely

Re: [HD] NFL red Zone

Is everyone back to the "press OK for more" screen? After RedZone went off the air yesterday, I got the normal splash screen saying when their programming airs.

This morning, it's back to the "press OK for more" screen that everyone was getting that couldn't activate the program. @VerizonSupport is telling me that this is the screen everyone will get during the week and that everything will be fine on Sunday, but I'm highly suspicious considering what happened yesterday.

CubsFanDMV

@uspsoig.gov
As an update to that, maybe that is not what Verizon thinks I should be seeing. @VerizonSupport had me fill out a form that he said he would handle. I'll report back when I know more.

Steely
I rise when the sun goes down
Premium
join:2000-10-15
Princeton Junction, NJ
kudos:1
reply to CubsFanDMV
said by CubsFanDMV :

Is everyone back to the "press OK for more" screen?

I still have the splash screen with music..no "press OK" like I was getting prior to yesterday.

celticpride

@verizon.net
the splash screen was on my tivos on saturday and on sunday i didnt have to activate anything i just turned to channel 835 and the redzone was on ,this was around 10:10 a. m.in so. cal. FYI i have the ultimate pack.

bob in texas

@verizon.net
FYI....I called this morning and asked again for some type of credit. The CSR said he knew nothing of the problem (amazing). He put me on hold for a few minutes and came back and said he would credit my account $25. Said it would be 28 and change after taxes. I am still very upset but at least it is something.

Comment 1) You would think CSRs would get some type of info on major problems that had occurred before they began work.

Comment 2) Verizon screwed me over with raising the set top box fee. I now pay $52 A MONTH for my STBs. I have 3 HB boxes and 2 Digital Adapters for my old TVs. There making it very difficult to be a satisfied customer. My only other choice is Time Warner and the are terrible here in Dallas.

Just thought I would share my experience and hope it helps others.

CubsFanDMV

@verizon.net
reply to chitchatjf
To finish my story, @VerizonSupport figured out that there was some coding on my account that wasn't there, it was added on and now I have the normal splash screen.

What I can't figure out is how, if that's the case, I ever got RedZone at all on Sunday (albeit not until the 1:00 games were almost over).

Steely
Premium
Princeton Junction, NJ
reply to Steely
As of this morning I was able to successfully "activate" NFL RedZone by following a new sequence of prompts and messages. I think this is the way it was supposed to work from the beginning. No more looping, unresolved message windows. And the Football Widget alerts are working properly again. All is (FINALLY) good!

DGGSLF

join:2007-04-14
Lynn, MA
reply to CubsFanDMV
Mine is also working this morning but I didn't have to do anything additional. I guess they fixed it overnight.

I now have the expected NFL Red Zone splash screen and music. The "press ok" to order screen is gone.

Steely
Premium
Princeton Junction, NJ
said by DGGSLF:

Mine is also working this morning but I didn't have to do anything additional.

Just to clarify, the RedZone channels (835 and 335) were working (splash screen with music, no "press OK") this morning. I didn't have to activate the channel. What wasn't working was the Alert setup menus (Press "B") inside of the Football Widget. I had to go through an activation process from a series of screens inside the widget. A few minutes after activating, the teams I had selected last season were pre-checked for alerts.

doug22

@verizon.net
reply to gashousebob

Re: [HD] NFL Red Zone on Tivo

The email Verizon sent me Aug 23 said to tune to the Redzone channel, hit the "OK" button on my remote, and follow the on-line instructions.

There is no "OK" button on Tivo remotes; and the "Select" "Tivo" "Enter" and "Thumbs up" buttons do not bring up the instructions.

What did you do? Thank you

nycdave
Premium,MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY
kudos:17
You can't activate RedZone on a TiVo - the activation only works if you have a Verizon STB running IMG......So CableCARD and DCT700 customers have to have the sales department place a manual order to activate it.

siper66

@ssa.gov
reply to Steely

Re: [HD] NFL red Zone

What do the Football Widget alerts do?

Steely
Premium
Princeton Junction, NJ
"We offer our RedZone subscribers unique on-screen alerts when a team is moving inside its opponent’s 20-yard line. When the alert pops up, customers click the OK button on the remote control to go directly from the program they’re watching to the RedZone channel game action."

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDmhIKrCNR8

UnnDunn
Premium
join:2005-12-21
Brooklyn, NY
The alerts aren't that great. They typically pop at least two or three plays after the event.

FastEddie50

join:2002-06-27
Syracuse, NY

1 edit
I just spent 35 minutes in chat with Verizon CS. Lots of BS but after he sent commands to my STBs, I was able to activate. Before, all I got when I tried was a message that said "unable to process..."

However, I will have to wait at least 30 minutes for it to be active, even if this actually works.

Baby steps.

Follow Up: It did come on and worked great in about 15 minutes. I love it. I don't care about pop-ups, but I got to watch all 4 games at 4PM.

WAldenIV

@verizon.net
When did they change the required package from Extreme HD to Ultimate HD? I was never notified. I had RZ last year. It worked last week after about 3pm. WTF, Verizon?

UofMiamiGrad
Premium
join:2001-02-03
Great Neck, NY
said by WAldenIV :

When did they change the required package from Extreme HD to Ultimate HD? I was never notified. I had RZ last year. It worked last week after about 3pm. WTF, Verizon?

I always thought it was part of Ultimate HD. If you had Extreme HD you would have to order it @ $50 for the season, which one can still do.

Steely
Premium
Princeton Junction, NJ
reply to UnnDunn
said by UnnDunn:

The alerts aren't that great. They typically pop at least two or three plays after the event.

Or, like today, not at all!

WAldenIV

@verizon.net
reply to WAldenIV
It started working around 3pm again.

Drunkula
Premium
join:2000-06-12
Denton, TX
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to chitchatjf
Though I never got to watch it last week (as many others) despite getting the email that I was going to get it since I had it last year, I see it didn't come on until later for others. This week I sat down at noon to watch and it still wouldn't fire up. At least this time it let me order it even though I was supposed to have it, it sill didn't come on. After going through the maddening automated phone system and being on hold for 20 minutes did it finally start. I hung up. Going to have to watch my billing to make sure they don't double up the charges on it.

[sarcasm]Good job Verizon.[/sarcasm]
--
There are 10 types of people that understand binary numbers. Those that do - and those that do not...